Off Topic
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

'Safe Drives' - Does anyone here know them?

Posted by BobOfTheFuture 
BobOfTheFuture
Rob
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
None, anymore.

'Safe Drives' - Does anyone here know them?
August 14, 2013 06:34PM
I've been ordering some stuff to do a co-drive at BRS in September, Including a helmet and renting a HANS from these guys starting back July 22nd. I never got any sort of shipping notice from them, although my card has been charged for both. Its been about 3 weeks and they haven't responded to any emails or phone calls.

I've been calling on their reported (as per their answering machine) office hours over there on pacific time. At first it said that they were on vacation till the 9th, But that has changed, So somebody has at least been in the office.

Anyone know these guys and can ask 'em what gives? I'm starting to panic that I wont get what I need in time to modify it for the intercom/etc.

Thanks

Enablers, All of you.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2013 06:36PM by BobOfTheFuture.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

Re: 'Safe Drives' - Does anyone here know them?
August 14, 2013 08:07PM
Haven't seen him at any of the rallycrosses, etc, lately or seen him on FB in a while either. Sorry, that's not really any help I know. Good luck.

If anything, you could probably have the charges reversed. I know it'd be a pain, but if you had to, would you be able to get what you need in time from elsewhere?
TronDD
Tim Meunier
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
96 Subaru Impreza

August 14, 2013 08:42PM
I've talked to Charles a couple of times. Seems like he's a one man show, though so if he isn't responding, you're stuck. Don't know how else to get in touch with him.

If you get stuck, we can see if you can borrow my gear, depending on sizes and all that.

Tim.
SeanP
Sean Lane
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 Dodge Neon G2, bruised

August 14, 2013 11:02PM
"they" are a one-man show named Charles. I had a similar bad communication situation that ended up with me cancelling the order and buying my gear from Summit due to the gear being back ordered even though Charles charged my CC like it was in stock and shipping. I had Charles cancel the parts of the order that was BO'd. For my pleasure, he charged me a 15% restock fee for cancelling the order, even after him changing the terms (delivery) and nothing was shipped to be restocked.

tread carefully. Summit Racing has just about everything you need with excellent customer service.

oh yeah....fuck that guy
DaveK
Dave Kern
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Compact M3 & Evo IX

August 14, 2013 11:45PM
Ordered from them once. He called me to let me know that one of the items wasn't in stock the next morning and gave me a few options. Got the parts reasonably quick.

Good luck - hope you get it figured out soon!

Dave
BobOfTheFuture
Rob
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
None, anymore.

August 15, 2013 01:52AM
Crap.

Tim, thanks! But I am a big guy and need a very large helmet (I think it was the largest they sell)
Let me know if I can count on the back up. In the mean time, ill keep slogging on...

Dave K, yeah the card got charged instantly, even while the answering machine said he was on vacation.

Enablers, All of you.
zeeto
Chris Rosato
Godlike Moderator

August 15, 2013 06:55AM
SeanP
"they" are a one-man show named Charles. I had a similar bad communication situation that ended up with me cancelling the order and buying my gear from Summit due to the gear being back ordered even though Charles charged my CC like it was in stock and shipping. I had Charles cancel the parts of the order that was BO'd. For my pleasure, he charged me a 15% restock fee for cancelling the order, even after him changing the terms (delivery) and nothing was shipped to be restocked.

tread carefully. Summit Racing has just about everything you need with excellent customer service.

oh yeah....fuck that guy
That sounds exactly like my experience with him.
Rallymech
Robert Gobright
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
91 VW GTI 8V

August 15, 2013 08:42AM
Charles Buren has been really good to me. I have bought from him several times over the years. His communication has always been great.

Robert.

"You are way too normal to be on Rally Anarchy." Eddie Fiorelli.
bknblk2
Tony Wood
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Citation "Oskar"

August 15, 2013 08:43AM
Geez, never wanted to talk bad about them because it's nice to support people that support rally, but you all started it.

I ate a $200+ set of OMP belts I bought online from him because they were "Formula" belts. I miss read it as a model name like "EVO" seat. I guss those can only be used in Mitzus...

Anyway they could only be used in reclined open wheel cars and he would not take them back, period. would have gladly paid 15% It wasn't like it was all I bought, it was a big order.
BobOfTheFuture
Rob
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
None, anymore.

August 15, 2013 09:07AM
I'm all for supporting the fellow rally community, But it helps if they support back...

Robert, Maybe you can communicate to him that he should communicate with me grinning smiley

I'm going to feel like a dick if the helmet shows up at my door this morning, and he just didn't send any form of shipping confirmation... I mean it has only been 3-1/2 weeks. That's pretty long, but not unheard of.

What's funny, Is I ordered a intercom adapter that ended up coming from Greece the same day. That showed up 4 days later!

Enablers, All of you.
TronDD
Tim Meunier
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
96 Subaru Impreza

August 16, 2013 12:16AM
BobOfTheFuture
Tim, thanks! But I am a big guy and need a very large helmet (I think it was the largest they sell)
Let me know if I can count on the back up. In the mean time, ill keep slogging on...

Eh, I'm a small dude, so that probably nixes that. I have the "small" hybrid and it's almost too big for me.

Tim.
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Ultra Moderator

August 16, 2013 12:35AM
My experience with Charles has been good the few times I have purchased from him. THe first aid kit was back ordered so he called and let us know.
Overall I'd say it was a positive experience. He has also always anwered my numerous questions as well.

Tony- Why didn't the OMP belts work? Were they pull up to tighten instead of pull down, not allowed by rules, 6pt instead of 5pt?
imnotcrazy
Don Kennedy
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Impreza

August 16, 2013 08:18AM
I have a HANS you can borrow for BRS if you need it. I'll be there working the event.

Don Kennedy
BobOfTheFuture
Rob
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
None, anymore.

August 16, 2013 08:54AM
Tim, Thanks anyhow!

imnotcrazy
I have a HANS you can borrow for BRS if you need it. I'll be there working the event.
Awesome. What size is it?

You know, I'm sure this guy doesn't mean to just not answer the phone for a week or more. Hope all is ok...

Enablers, All of you.
bknblk2
Tony Wood
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Citation "Oskar"

August 16, 2013 08:54AM
They had these sewn looped ends, kind of hard to explain but after doing a bunch more research they were not legal for "sedan racing".... When I talked to him about it, he said he new I was a ralliest, having bought triangles, rally first aid kit,spill kit, 2 omp headwing seats etc. He said he knew they wouldn't work but figured I also must have a fomula ford or something... just re looked it was over $300. Grr.

Ended up selling them new in the box to I guy that ran Hallet for $40.

Been useing Saferacer now. semi local, much bigger and more professional. tring to get them tied into 100 Acre Wood. People at service got a chukle at the Saferacer sticker on the very bent fender on the tree'd Oskar.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login