Off Topic
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

'Safe Drives' - Does anyone here know them?

Posted by BobOfTheFuture 
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: 'Safe Drives' - Does anyone here know them?
September 06, 2013 10:07PM
You know it does take time, and money and effort to take orders, order in parts, package them, ship them and there are small magins for a lotta small business---you don't see Charles driving any flashy bling-mobile or even entering any events, cause he's not rolling in dough.
I don't charge a restocking free---to make up for the fixed time/dough tied up ordering in things, overhead...some don't..

Some of you guys are awful fast on piling on...

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
SeanP
Sean Lane
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 Dodge Neon G2, bruised

September 07, 2013 12:08AM
When you charge a restock/order-cancellation fee on gear that never ships because you misled the customer on availability or ship dates (in my case and, it sounds like in this guy's case) you move right into shady mutha-fucka territory. This is especially annoying when the gear is all drop-shipped. If you don't even carry the inventory, how can you reasonably charge a restock fee?

summitracing.com

there, I said it again.
BobOfTheFuture
Rob
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
None, anymore.

September 08, 2013 08:09AM
john vanlandingham
You know it does take time, and money and effort to take orders, order in parts, package them, ship them and there are small magins for a lotta small business---you don't see Charles driving any flashy bling-mobile or even entering any events, cause he's not rolling in dough.
I don't charge a restocking free---to make up for the fixed time/dough tied up ordering in things, overhead...some don't..

The charges automatically applied via computer.
He, upon seeing the orders for the first time, 41 or so days after I placed the first, emailed me and said he could ship the helmet as ordered and the hans when needed. I don't think this was a situation where he was just putting together the order of a helmet in a box.

Either way, I don't mind, especially when its a small/local guy. Problem here, and why I'm getting my money back is I needed the stuff within the timeframe of 3 months, and it came as close to the deadline as I was willing to be.

Enablers, All of you.
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

September 08, 2013 11:08PM
john vanlandingham

If it had been the customers fault or decision to just up and cancel, I'd completely agree with a restocking fee. We charge them occasionally.

However, when the customer has to cancel because the seller does not communicate with the customer or fulfill the order, and it takes 6 weeks for the seller to return a call/email/etc, that is wayyyyyyy too long to hold the customer responsible in any way imo.
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

September 08, 2013 11:12PM
BobOfTheFuture
The charges automatically applied via computer.
He, upon seeing the orders for the first time, 41 or so days after I placed the first, emailed me and said he could ship the helmet as ordered and the hans when needed. I don't think this was a situation where he was just putting together the order of a helmet in a box.

Either way, I don't mind, especially when its a small/local guy. Problem here, and why I'm getting my money back is I needed the stuff within the timeframe of 3 months, and it came as close to the deadline as I was willing to be.

we also have an online store that charges immediately, however, it never goes more than 3 days without being checked

if he was going to be gone for so long and not checking, he should have turned off online ordering or set up a notice to anyone thinking about ordering online that orders would not be processed for XX amount of days/weeks/months
heymagic
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

September 09, 2013 12:30AM
Cutomer service is every bit as important if not more so that price, selection or inventory.
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Professional Moderator

September 09, 2013 09:56PM
heymagic
Cutomer service is every bit as important if not more so that price, selection or inventory.

This.

There are a lot of places I buy from that aren't the cheapest (for the same item - sometimes I've had to order stuff in) and not as easy to get to. Why? The people who work there are far more helpful than people at other stores.

Welcome to the cult of JVL drink the koolaid or be banned.
Rallymech
Robert Gobright
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
91 VW GTI 8V

September 10, 2013 12:22PM
I just talked to Charles and reserved my HANS for Mt. Hood. Good service as usual.

Robert.

"You are way too normal to be on Rally Anarchy." Eddie Fiorelli.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login