Advanced

What a cruel woman

Posted by Wannabe 
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Ultra Moderator

What a cruel woman
October 07, 2013 01:28AM
About a month ago I caught my first ever salmon, several actually. Fishing in 500ft waters just south of Possession Point, Whidbey Island. Two I kept, a couple of Pinks a male and a female huge fish they were (I won't tell you how big, you wouldn't believe me anyway). The first thing I thought after I put up just as much of a battle as they did was, Oh my God this is the most beautiful creature. I should have put them back in the water but I didn't........

Today after watching in complete amazement I had a massive Coho die at my feet. struggling, it's once shiny skin now barely recognizable I know all about biology, but what a cruel woman mother nature is to reward such a long journey with a miserable death!

Just thought I'd share with everyone. I know there are more than a few here who appreciate these gifts we are given.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: What a cruel woman
October 07, 2013 10:09AM
Wannabe
About a month ago I caught my first ever salmon, several actually. Fishing in 500ft waters just south of Possession Point, Whidbey Island. Two I kept, a couple of Pinks a male and a female huge fish they were (I won't tell you how big, you wouldn't believe me anyway). The first thing I thought after I put up just as much of a battle as they did was, Oh my God this is the most beautiful creature. I should have put them back in the water but I didn't........

Today after watching in complete amazement I had a massive Coho die at my feet. struggling, it's once shiny skin now barely recognizable I know all about biology, but what a cruel woman mother nature is to reward such a long journey with a miserable death!

Yeah It's harsh, always though, damn they oughtter get a little fun afer all that work getting back, but nope...

Hard reality.

Oh you can tell us how big, and we'll believe ya..
It's not like men ever exaggerate the size of things...eye rolling smiley

Just thought I'd share with everyone. I know there are more than a few here who appreciate these gifts we are given.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Ultra Moderator

Re: What a cruel woman
October 26, 2013 02:56PM
I don't want to shame any who have been fishing for years so I'll just send a couple by email vs. posting.

Just returning from a long trip to New York which is always an incredible experience. Thought I would post this one though for you and your girls or anyone else who has young daughters or sisters or nieces and such.

After a meeting at the Columbia Medical Center I decided to take a walk and enjoy the beautiful fall day. Down from 168th street through some of the most interesting parts of the city. A long very beautiful walk that I'll never forget.

Back in Seattle now, will try and reach you next week.

Tell your girls I say Hello!
Attachments:
open | download - I'm a Girl.jpg (195 KB)
I'm a Girl.jpg
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login