Posted by Jens 
deaner
Dane Aura
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

Re: SpecialStage looks like it is dying
November 09, 2013 09:27AM
No one will ever know. Police shootings are almost always covered up. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of legit engagements, but will out any reprecssions really other than "standard" paid leave after wards.... kind of leaves rational problem solving under stress, in the squad car. Bullet leaves my gun I can guarantee at least $10k in legal fees plus the stress of the legalies and red tape after. I've often thought about a twitchy cop while I carry...

Read kind of an interesting article(which Indiana is going through the notions of enacting) of "when is it OK to use deadly force against LE?" I'll try and dig it up but it was in response to the LAPD insanity when they were chasing Dorner.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2013 11:12AM by deaner.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
JohnLane
John Lane
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
The Fire Breathing Monster

November 09, 2013 12:08PM
deaner
Read kind of an interesting article(which Indiana is going through the notions of enacting) of "when is it OK to use deadly force against LE?" I'll try and dig it up but it was in response to the LAPD insanity when they were chasing Dorner.

http://www.dailyevergreen.com/opinion/columns/article_9a3c6cf2-1421-11e3-8f9d-0019bb30f31a.html

JohnLane

Overkill is consistently more fun
FunctionAuto
Tyler Patik
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 IMpreza

November 12, 2013 12:36AM
deaner
Oh yeah that'd work fine. I wasn't sure if you were hoity toity lol. I would spend a few bucks on s nice scope with the emphasis on anti fog and more eye relief. Fatigue bugging out your eyes and sweat steaming out your glass sucks ass. Next time you're up shooting, run around or get the heart rate pumping away lol. Changes the whole dynamic.

My first USPSA match I was humbled beyond belief lol! I thought I was a good shot prior lol. Shooting under stress and fatigue taught me more in the 4-5 min of the match, than years of static paper punching. Sometimes its great to get your ass kicked to find the flaws to improve upon.

Scope not allowed in biathlon. And the decent rifles are hard to come by here in usa. Most of my customers waited over 6months for theirs. The fortner action of the Anshutz rifle is what makes the difference. And $900 for entry level gun with out harness and accessories. http://www.easternsierraarmory.com/blog/?p=198
Jens
Jens
Junior Moderator

November 12, 2013 10:47AM
Fortner action? What is special about it?

I googled it, but couldn't quickly find a description.
imnotcrazy
Don Kennedy
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Impreza

November 13, 2013 12:10PM
Back to the original topic. Jens, I don't think it's dying. #1, look at what time of the year it is, #2, No, it's not exactly like it used to be years ago. But as Mark Twain said . . . . . .

Don Kennedy
Clayto
Clayton McCrary
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
XRatty purchased. Now build it!!

November 15, 2013 07:51PM
imnotcrazy
Back to the original topic. Jens, I don't think it's dying. #1, look at what time of the year it is, #2, No, it's not exactly like it used to be years ago. But as Mark Twain said . . . . . .

"The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" smileys with beer

It seems there is a shift but I can't really say "truthfully" since I just joined last summer.

A topic dies and another one takes its place is what I've seen...... A vicious entertaining cycle.
b00sted
David Barrett
Mod Moderator

Re: This is now a gun thread
November 20, 2013 04:33PM
NoCoast
I was more thinking a simple long rifle from Cabellas. I was hitting cans at 50 yards pretty easily with a $200 one up on the ranch a few weeks ago. Figure I'm not going to win at either shooting or skiing for first couple years anyhow so keep cost of entry into sport low. Haven't skied competitively since high school...

A bit different from the .22 you mentioned, but Mosin Nagants are awesome for cheap, fun(and accurate) shooters. They can be had for around $139 for the hex receiver version like I have.

They'll shoot 3-4" groups at 100 yards with the factory iron sights...Which isn't anything crazy by today's standards...but for it being a cheap gun built in the 1930s(or whenever) and shooting CHEAP surplus steel-case ammo, I'd say it's pretty damn accurate. Just remember they're zero'd for 300 yards from the factory, so aim low winking smiley

edit: Didn't realize you were talking about comp shooting.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/20/2013 04:54PM by b00sted.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login