Advanced

SpecialStage looks like it is dying

Posted by Jens 
Jens
Jens
Super Moderator

SpecialStage looks like it is dying
November 01, 2013 08:49AM
Since I'm not rallying anymore I haven't read Special Stage's forums in many months. I just went there (11/1/13 at 9:40AM EDT). The latest post in the USA forum is from 13 hours ago. The latest post in the Northeast forum is from about 12 days ago, etc.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
heymagic
Banned
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

Re: SpecialStage looks like it is dying
November 01, 2013 10:14AM
The old PNW has turned into a RallyX forum gets a couple posts a month. Facebook is the deal. Seems everyone does business on there these days. This forum would die too if it wasn't for the fact that so many of us are actually friends and acquaintances.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 01, 2013 12:15PM
heymagic
The old PNW has turned into a RallyX forum gets a couple posts a month. Facebook is the deal. Seems everyone does business on there these days. This forum would die too if it wasn't for the fact that so many of us are actually friends and acquaintances.

Facebook shit just looks like a jumble of un-connected trivial shit.
Seems to be a massive waste of time, which probably is the intent..

And so much pure bullshit, some from people I know and am hugely disappointed that they have to just make up shit and steal ideas, and credit for...And, since nobody sees the same things posted here years ago, it works.

Obviously I don't understand how it is supposed to work..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
imnotcrazy
Don Kennedy
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Impreza

November 01, 2013 12:16PM
heymagic
Facebook is the deal. Seems everyone does business on there these days.
But. I don't get it! How does it "work" for them?
#1. I don't have a smartphone that can ping me everytime a "friend" posts something?
#2. I'm friends with many rally people, but certainly not everyone that's on SS or RA.
#3. I'm primarily interested in only several of the threads on either site. Some I visit every day to keep informed. Some I visit once a week or so. Some I've never visited and probably never will (besides some of the regional forums, there's Games/collectibles which I will probably never visit). With FB, how do I weed that stuff out?

I just read a trade article this morning that says FB usage is going down for the younger crowd. For me, it's TMI. I joined (just 1.5 years ago) primarily to know what my kids were up to. Since they post all their crap there, they stopped informing me by other more traditional methods. YMMV.

Like anything else new, it's got it good point and it's bad points. I think it will take till the next generation for it to settle down in something more sensible.

Don Kennedy
heymagic
Banned
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

November 04, 2013 01:38PM
Just to be clear..when I say FB is the place or means of communication that is just an observation, not an endorsement. I finally opened an account this year to see info for Nameless rally. My profile isn't even complete, nor will it ever be. I'm just not important enough to have my own internet page. No one in their right mind should care what I do on a daily basis. Twitter is pretty much the same in my opinion, not my deal. I miss the forum activity of 6 years ago. No smack talk threads, no fun, no interaction of competitors, volunteers and everyone else in our dysfunctional community.
Jens
Jens
Super Moderator

November 04, 2013 01:46PM
heymagic
....I'm just not important enough to have my own internet page. No one in their right mind should care what I do on a daily basis. .....

But, but, but.... we all want to know when you pick your nose or scratch your ass. For that matter you better sign up for that instagram thing (honestly I do not know what that is but it has something to do with photos) so we can see you scratching your ass and picking your nose. For that matter post pictures of your meals. We all NEED to know. smiling smiley
heymagic
Banned
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

November 04, 2013 07:27PM
Jens
heymagic
....I'm just not important enough to have my own internet page. No one in their right mind should care what I do on a daily basis. .....

But, but, but.... we all want to know when you pick your nose or scratch your ass. For that matter you better sign up for that instagram thing (honestly I do not know what that is but it has something to do with photos) so we can see you scratching your ass and picking your nose. For that matter post pictures of your meals. We all NEED to know. smiling smiley

You need to quit asking for pictures of my butt...smiling bouncing smiley

The best part of the FB thing is when dumbasses post info about committing crimes or skipping work.
deaner
Dane Aura
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

November 04, 2013 07:56PM
Face books also good for trolling too when the mood strikes. Nothing like pissing off a "million moms for gun control" or "liberal and proud of it!"
heymagic
Banned
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

November 05, 2013 09:57AM
deaner
Face books also good for trolling too when the mood strikes. Nothing like pissing off a "million moms for gun control" or "liberal and proud of it!"

So for the curious...how would one go about doing that?
danster
Haggis Muncher
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

November 05, 2013 11:20AM
heymagic
deaner

HTH Gene, I'd imagine posting up some pics of you picking your nose and ass on the "Improving your manners and social etiquette" FB group would be a good start! They'll love that....hot smiley

Plus doing that will also please Jens so a win win situation. May even get a Jens thumbs up"like".

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

November 05, 2013 03:21PM
I don't get the idea of hating social media. If you don't want everyone knowing when you scratch your ass, just don't post it? But as far as fb for rallying and such, I don't really have many rally-related friends so it doesn't work out too well.
deaner
Dane Aura
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

November 06, 2013 09:51AM
heymagic
deaner

Post truth and facts on their pages. They hate that.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 06, 2013 10:07AM
deaner
heymagic
deaner

I'd be careful about alienating hard working, solid progressives that you may in future depend on by repeating tired, hackney, thoughtless Right wing extremist cliche bullshit straight off of hate-forums and the AM Radio.

I'll help anyone except people that hate people mindlessly.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
deaner
Dane Aura
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

November 06, 2013 10:37AM
john vanlandingham
deaner
heymagic
deaner

I'd be careful about alienating hard working, solid progressives that you may in future depend on by repeating tired, hackney, thoughtless Right wing extremist cliche bullshit straight off of hate-forums and the AM Radio.

I'll help anyone except people that hate people mindlessly.

Blah. Blah. Blah. So I'm a "right wing extremist" now? I don't hate anyone for the record, but I will stir a pot that's filled with complete bullshit, like "million moms against guns."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2013 10:46AM by deaner.
Jens
Jens
Super Moderator

November 06, 2013 10:56AM
deaner
Blah. Blah. Blah. So I'm a "right wing extremist" now? I don't hate anyone for the record, but I will stir a pot that's filled with complete bullshit, like "million moms against guns."

Don't worry. The misnamed "progressives" or their "gimme dat" progeny will eventually be swimming in the sewage they are creating as their vision of a collectivist utopia is flushed down the drain.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login