Posted by Jens 
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: SpecialStage looks like it is dying
November 07, 2013 01:25PM
I have been researching building my own AK47.
I'm hoping to compete in my first biathlon this winter.

Grant Hughes
Please Login or Register to post a reply
alosix
Jason Powers
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
02 WRX, still to quiet, but it finished a rally

November 07, 2013 01:26PM
NoCoast

I've rounded up most of the tools for that. Still need to grab 1 or 2 to be complete. But the gadgets to do the rivets, drill holes in the right places, are just up the road from you.

Edit.. also.. if you really are looking to use it for biathlon I'd look into a 74 instead. Ammo is considerably lighter.

This isn't floor mat anarchy

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 01:33PM by alosix.
Jens
Jens
Mod Moderator

This is now a gun thread
November 07, 2013 01:40PM
NoCoast

Okay. This is now officially a gun thread. Screw Special Stage; it's dead.

An AK for biathlon? Really? I thought all biathlon was .22 with bolt guns (but I never really looked into it). I'd love to have an AK, but never got around to it.

Here in CT we can't buy/build AKs. The moonbats banned them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 01:41PM by Jens.
alosix
Jason Powers
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:

November 07, 2013 01:45PM
I'd have to hunt for the rules of that as well. It would be entertaining if possible. I'd give it a go.

@Jens : The amusing part to the folly of those bans.. It really wouldn't be that difficult for you to still acquire everything needed legally to make one. The part that's 'a gun' is a folded sheet of metal, and its not 'a gun' until its in its proper form.

The end result wouldn't be legal, but there's not really stopping you from actually doing it other than trying to be a law abiding citizen.

Jens
Jens
Mod Moderator

Carrying a firearm
November 07, 2013 01:56PM
heymagic
I'm with ya Dane. I carry also, have for years. Guns are the best equalizer and self defense we currently have. Being big or in numbers has nothing to do with being right, correct or fair. There is no such thing as a fair fight. Too many mall shootings, theater shootings, bus stop incidents, CL robberies. 911 usually is for ordering body bags......

Yepper. I carry too, and it is a pain in the ass; just one more thing I have to drag around with me.

I hate carrying:

1. cell phone
2. watch
3. walet
4. nitroglycerin tablets (heart med)
5. sunglasses
6. gun
7. and probably something else specific to that day like a tape measure, umbrella, or a to do list, or .....

I used to have fire extinguishers in my rally cars, and a fire system in my most recent car. I never needed any of them, but I was glad I had them incase. My street cars all have had fire extinguishers since around 1974 to this day. Not one of them was ever used on my cars. One was used to save some guy's VW beetle in Denver on (I-25???) the main north/south highway in 1975. The son-of-a-bitch didn't offer me a dime to refill it.

I've never had draw or to use a firearm on a person, and hopefully it stays that way.

One thing I've experienced with carrying is being very aware of my surroundings.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2013 01:57PM by Jens.
deaner
Dane Aura
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

November 07, 2013 02:10PM
Jeans, your last sentence nailed it. You really do look around through different eyes. Gets really interesting after some tactical and situational training! smiling smiley

You would be pissed if you knew how much I pay for ammo lol. I work in a munitions plant. smiling smiley
bknblk2
Tony Wood
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Citation "Oskar"

November 07, 2013 02:25PM
heymagic
..... There is no such thing as a fair fight. Too many mall shootings, theater shootings, bus stop incidents, CL robberies. 911 usually is for ordering body bags......

So just how many mall shootings, theater shootings, bus stop incidents, CL robberies have been positively effected by a carrying citizen? Crap, facts getting in the way again. The person most likely to get shot by a gun is someone living in the home of the owner. Guns make suicide far more efficient, preventing second chances.

"the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is....a little old school secretary that talks to the shooter about her struggles and tell them people care." I guess that doesn't raise as much money for the NRA.
alosix
Jason Powers
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:

November 07, 2013 02:30PM

So just how many mall shootings, theater shootings, bus stop incidents, CL robberies have been positively effected by a carrying citizen?

Hard to say. Those incidents don't tent to create much media attention and 'near misses' don't make police reports. There's also the fact that most of the places listed there tend to be Gun Free Zones for which normal law abiding carries will heed and leave their firearms behind.

Crap, facts getting in the way again.

Considering the lack of data in this post. smiling smiley

deaner
Dane Aura
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
PS4 controller

November 07, 2013 02:44PM
bknblk2
heymagic
..... There is no such thing as a fair fight. Too many mall shootings, theater shootings, bus stop incidents, CL robberies. 911 usually is for ordering body bags......

So just how many mall shootings, theater shootings, bus stop incidents, CL robberies have been positively effected by a carrying citizen? Crap, facts getting in the way again. The person most likely to get shot by a gun is someone living in the home of the owner. Guns make suicide far more efficient, preventing second chances.

"the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is....a little old school secretary that talks to the shooter about her struggles and tell them people care." I guess that doesn't raise as much money for the NRA.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/ryanhatesthis/10-potential-mass-shootings-that-were-stopped-by-someone-wit?s=mobile

There you go. I can give you hundreds more of home break ins and stopped robberies too. If you're not into guns, that's fine. But to tear us down because we are? And that's more directed to all anti or gun ignorant.....
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

November 07, 2013 02:49PM
bknblk2
So just how many mall shootings, theater shootings, bus stop incidents, CL robberies have been positively effected by a carrying citizen?

1 per 16 criminal acts committed with a firearm is prevented or interrupted by someone with a gun.

How's that for a statistic from a statistician. I just made that number up FYI, but google will find it and three years from now I'll be on snopes as the false source for a claim that made the rounds on facebook and twitter in 2014. Voila, internet fame!

But in all seriousness, what does that number need to be?
I have been exposed to gun death. From a family member accidently killing a person in a hunting accident to a friend's brother killing himself in russian roulette. There is a level of personal responsibility that people have to take.
Yes, you are far more likely to be killed by a family member with your own gun than to use it on someone else ON AVERAGE.

Grant Hughes
Jens
Jens
Mod Moderator

November 07, 2013 02:49PM
bknblk2
heymagic

I'm gonna go make some popcorn.....
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

November 07, 2013 02:50PM
NoCoast
bknblk2

1 per 16 criminal acts committed with a firearm is prevented or interrupted by someone with a gun.

How's that for a statistic from a statistician. I just made that number up FYI, but google will find it and three years from now I'll be on snopes as the false source for a claim that made the rounds on facebook and twitter in 2014. Voila, internet fame!

But in all seriousness, what does that number need to be to change your opinion? What about to make criminals think twice or maybe change their mind altogether.
I have been exposed to gun death. From a family member accidently killing a person in a hunting accident to a friend's brother killing himself in russian roulette. There is a level of personal responsibility that people have to take.
Yes, you are far more likely to be killed by a family member with your own gun than to use it on someone else ON AVERAGE.

Grant Hughes
RALLYRS
Mike Ball
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Nope...I wish...RWD 2 Door Jeep XJ 4.0 5-spd Dirt-o-cross car(we have no grass!)2.3 ZX3 rallyx car(sold)

Re: This is now a gun thread
November 07, 2013 02:51PM
Jens
NoCoast

An AK for biathlon? Really? I thought all biathlon was .22 with bolt guns (but I never really looked into it). I'd love to have an AK, but never got around to it.

Apparently these guys (link below-I bought a Cali-legal EBR from them last year)
can convert your AK to Ct. legal configuration.

Looks like the harmful and scary parts on the gun to be removed, are the
(vicious and horrendous) barrel threads ,and the (village raping and pillaging) bayonet lug.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/new-jersey-and-connecticut-legal-conversion-for-ak-style-rifles-detail.html?Itemid=0

................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php
alosix
Jason Powers
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:

November 07, 2013 02:59PM
RALLYRS
Jens
NoCoast

Apparently these guys (link below-I bought a Cali-legal EBR from them last year)
can convert your AK to Ct. legal configuration.

Looks like the harmful and scary parts on the gun to be removed, are the
(vicious and horrendous) barrel threads ,and the (village raping and pillaging) bayonet lug.

http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-accessories/new-jersey-and-connecticut-legal-conversion-for-ak-style-rifles-detail.html?Itemid=0

+1 for those guys. Got a Californicated AK from them last year. It was nice to be able to remove the Californication after escaping.

NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

November 07, 2013 03:02PM
Biathlon is .22 rifles. I'll likely start with a club loaner one since the real deal rifles are like $3k.

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login