Posted by fiasco 
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

Granimal and the local auto parts store
August 08, 2007 08:11PM
Went into local auto parts store for a few gaskets and pilot bearing for the upcoming engine swap in my street XR4 (which has been sitting neglected for almost two years). I said it was for a Merkur, the people behind the counter laughed and I was promptly told to go up to Granimal's house and get the parts off one of his cars.

Apparently Granimal has taken shopping at Robbins Auto Parts to the level where he comes in, walks behind the counter, drags out the books and gets on the computers himself and gets all his Merkur and Saab stuff.

One of these years I'll have to meet him face to face, since all I've done is pick up and drop off parts and cars at his house, and he lives in the same town!!!

John's going to ask why I'm putting a new pilot bearing in. The engine I have makes so much power, the T9's input shaft shattered and smoked the clutch, bellhousing and pilot bearings. It HAS to be a good one (I hope).

Just had to share.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Graminal95
Graham Cullen
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
1973 Saab V4

Re: Granimal and the local auto parts store
August 11, 2007 09:02AM
I see you met the guys and one gal down at Robbins, I hope they put you on my account or a better one (wink wink). I have been going there since I was 15 and first met JV, they got fed up with all the strange stuff I was looking up, (like sorting through boxes till I found an alternator that would fit the A/C mount on the xr, about 3 hours) and so they taught me to use all the computers and all the books and what not. I have even helped customers when they were flooded, and just happened to be behind the counter.

Andrew, we should meet up for a pint sometime, I go to the tavern in Temple a bit, its a great place where you can actually get a real pint of Guinness.

Oh, are you friends with anyone around here that can actually do a real alignment? Or at least someone with a machine that my 96 can fit on?
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

Re: Granimal and the local auto parts store
August 11, 2007 05:55PM
Mmmmmmm. Guinness.

Been meaning to hit that pub sometime. When the planets align...

Oh, a real alignment shop? Only guy I know who is pretty decent definitely doesn't have a rack that would fit a 96. Get out the plumb lines and tape measures and call it good.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2007 05:57PM by fiasco.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login