Advanced

Seattle Rock & Roll Marathon June 21

Posted by Wannabe 
Wannabe
Anne Francis
Ultra Moderator

Seattle Rock & Roll Marathon June 21
April 20, 2014 10:45PM
I mentioned this run a few months ago. Just coming off of my first half-marathon and ready for another. Sometime in February I registered think surely in 6 months I would be trained like an athlete ready to knock off 6 minute miles one after another....

Well...that hasn't happened. My work took over and consumed me like a hungry lion for the past couple of months.

Back in the gym this weekend I could feel I lost it. The first couple of minutes into the run I got chills it felt so good and then 10 minutes into it I was like OMG I've turned to mush and I struggled to push 4 miles my breathing was off, my stomach was cramping and I could barely sweat sad smiley

Since February though I've recruited a whole collection of people to run in this race-there are about 8 of us now both men and women. I told a friend just last week to count her blessings she can see and smell and hear and think....

I may not set any records but I do plan to stick with it, run or walk or some combination of both and be thankful and grateful.

If you would like to join us just send me an email.

http://runrocknroll.competitor.com/seattle/entertainment

For anyone in Boston or for anyone who knows anyone in Boston or anyone who remembers or who is reminded of how lucky we are to be able to run!

Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login