Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Where can I go off at. Okay, here.
September 18, 2006 06:34PM
I haven't had luck with not on any newest version of Adobe software. I'm just running a version back of current. I think I tried Photoshop CS2 about 8 times before just getting a version back and calling it good.

Of course, I don't actually do any of the finding of software as my internet is through work and my home computer will not ever be hooked to the internet as it destroys good computers. It's like the meth of computers. Starts with a little bit. Don't require a lot. I started with a 2400 bps modem and maybe 1-3 hours per day back when I was 12. Then everything got out of control. Next thing I know, my computer wants hundreds of mbps, needs to be on all the time, and requires huge monthly fees, plus the crowds of Nigerian's treating my computer as a whore trying to get money, the itd's (internet transmitted diseases) are everywhere. The pharmaceutical companies get into it with things like McAfee, but as slow as evolution (or intelligent design) is, suddenly it's super fast. Mutation can happen nearly instantaneously. All in all, it frightens me. I'll stick to the safety of computers that I don't have to maintain and I didn't pay for and I don't have to worry about, or lose 200 GB of video files due to. (last September, recovered about 20GB of them).

Grant Hughes
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

September 25, 2006 06:11PM
I really shouldn't be allowed to read car construction related posts when I am this tired and stressed out. HANS devices, side restraint seats, seven point belts, window nets, goggles to protect eyes, fuel cell bulkheads, etc. It's never going to end.

Grant Hughes
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

September 25, 2006 10:03PM
I swear it's getting to the point where it would be cheaper to just keep an attorney on retainer and go drunk street racing in a school zone!

I guess to run RA events now it'll be a stock fuel tank, the cheapest hand grenade normally aspirated 2.3 I can figure out how to make and see what happens. Or just rally in Canada.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Rally West
Rem Wyatt
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1985 Golf

September 26, 2006 01:47AM
NoCoast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I really shouldn't be allowed to read car
> construction related posts when I am this tired
> and stressed out. HANS devices, side restraint
> seats, seven point belts, window nets, goggles to
> protect eyes, fuel cell bulkheads, etc. It's
> never going to end.
>
> Grant Hughes
> www.nocoastmotorsports.net
> Denver, CO

SELL IT ALL...buy a dirtbike and FUCK IT ALL!!! Cheap thrills!

Thanks To: Billygoat Racing "Smokin' since 1977"
beebe
Chris Beebe
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Sold them all!

September 30, 2006 10:05PM
Well thats what I did. way less money and the same amount of fun!
Only thing is I kept the car, you never know mabe rally will cater to the club guys one day.
Jens
Jens
Elite Moderator

October 04, 2006 12:35AM
Oh quit your bitchin'

You guys had your chance to stop Spitzner and his goose-steppin' cheerleaders started all this crap. Lots of those cheerleaders are still around doin' their thing.

Everyone wanted rally to be like Europe, be on TV, have their 400hp Subarus, FIA is the greatest thing since sliced bread, etc, etc, etc.

It's too late to start crying now.

Endurance stage rally in the U.S. is DEAD! What is left is forest sprint racing. So put on your pretty stickers and kiss more ass, or go do something else.

NoCoast Wrote:
> I have been really annoyed lately with rally. The
> continuously changing rules. The skyrocketing
> costs. Etc.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2006 12:41AM by Jens.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 04, 2006 12:47AM
Jens, you know full well there are no New World Ordnung fans here, come on, THINK! It's your heart that's fucked up, not your brain.
This place was founded to have a place not dominated by and run and owned by NWO troopers.

Don't lecture us.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Jens
Jens
Elite Moderator

October 04, 2006 01:04AM
And just exactly what are you guys accomplishing here except whinning? Nothing!

Push the NWO goose-stepping cheerleaders out of rally. You can't do it here in this forum.

john vanlandingham Wrote:
> > This place was founded to have a place not
> dominated by and run and owned by NWO troopers.
>
> Don't lecture us.
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

October 04, 2006 11:25AM
Hey fucktard !!

At least we bulid and rally our cars with the information we exchange.

By the way, I wish you a speedy recovery, my dad had the same thing last year 12 hours before his flight back to London, not fun at all. Don't fucking die on us it would take forever to train another controversial asshole with more conspiracy theories than you have.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Rallies are no place for traitors
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

October 04, 2006 11:47AM
Oh, then I'll just shut up and take it and be fine with new $4000 in safety requirements, 400 extra pounds of weight, and a ridiculous fuel cell rules. There are things that I agree with (mandated fire suppression systems) and ones that I don't but I think are not too bad (HANS), and ones I just think are plain ridiculous (fuel cell bulkhead).

But, this isn't a club anymore. Your NNWO at Rally America is a private company, for profit, that is protecting it's ass. If we don't like their methods we can quit rallying, or protest it through voice and dollars.

I will probably comply with all of their rules so I can run their events since it's the only local event and probably one of the only events I'll run.

PS> 400 hp Subarus only have one big issue. The front half shafts. I'm sure you'll love my 400 hp RWD car I'm building.

Grant Hughes
Jens
Jens
Elite Moderator

October 04, 2006 12:18PM
Hey dummy, Why don't you try learning to use the "Reply to this message" option rather than placing your replies all over the place. Didn't your parents ever teach you the concept of "a place for everything and everything in its place"? Sheesh. Does your Mommy still make your bed and do your laundry for you?

Don't go getting all mushy on me or I'll puke. I'm fine. Stents are a piece of cake compared to bypass surgery.

If I croak before you do don't dare write anything like, "He was a nice guy that we will all miss him" bullshit. If you do, I'll come back from the dead and kick your sorry ass.

BTW: although I don't need a heart I put your name on the heart donor list, so you better not cough, fart, or burp. :-)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/04/2006 12:47PM by Jens.
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

October 04, 2006 01:10PM
Jeebus.

What the hell is it with all the drama in this community? I mean come on! I may be totally naive, here, but I don't give two shits about what RallyAmerica, NASA, or CARS has to say about rally car requirements. At $400+ per event (not including transit and accommodations), it's going to be a long damn time before I have the means to even consider running a real event like that.

I don't want to step on any toes or piss anyone off because we all need to stick together, but as far as I can see, RA/NASA/CARS are really just providing events in which to run our cars and some form of organized championship with points and all that. I could give a shit about points or rankings in the rally community. What I can give a shit about is being able to build a rally car and drive it. I care about being seen as the rally driver in my other automotive communities.

Maybe I'm crazy, but I see no reason why rally enthusiasts can't, in their own regions, come up with simple, affordable events, which provide some form of safe spectating. I'm sure rally-x events get old to people with full stage cars, but I think people are missing the middle ground on this issue.

On the one hand, you have a $25, one day event where you toss your car around some cones in a dirt lot or field somewhere, but on the other hand, you've got two or more days of endurance rally that set you back close to a grand when all is said and done. I'm reading posts here and there about quality rallies only mustering up 20 or so entrants, but I'm pretty sure Eli's last pre-reg for rally-x hit the fifty car mark and did so inside of a week. Furthermore, take a look at just how many people show up to autoX in a parking lot once a month in your area. It's likely that more than 40 people show up monthly to flog their Beemers and 350Zs around the cones.

If we want more rally, more affordalbe, we need more rallyists - period. This pointing fingers, pissing and moaning about who did or didn't do shit back when or how the rules are bullshit is ridiculous. It solves nothing. So we need to get more people exposed to rally. The more people exposed, the more will become interested. The more people interested, the more resources there are for growing even larger.

Thousand dollar weekends in the middle of fucking nowhere with minimal (official) spectating and zero marketing to the general public are not going to cut it. Constantly evolving rules and regulations serve more to ostrasize potential new blood than save lives. Pointing fingers and assigning blame for things being the way they are today just tells the new people (who still have that spark of excitement in their hearts at finding rally isn't 4,000 miles away anymore) that they should give up hope and walk away.

I found SpecialStage and RallyAnarchy because I was excited to learn about rally in my country. Rally community of which I could be a part and contribute. I wanted to build a rally car and run in a series, maybe even making a name for myself, but the more of this pathetic, useless, self-righteous bitching I see, the more I want nothing to do with the official rally organizations. I want to take rally to the people.

It's obvious, to me, that we're not figuring out a way to make the end all, stage rally easier, so why aren't we out there setting our sights on building rally-x up? If you think driving around cones in a dirt lot is boring, how can we transform the location to make it more exciting? You have the experience - tell us! If you think a one minute-long lap is far too short, how can we stretch that seat time? You have the experience -tell us!

There used to be rally events on TV, maybe they were called sprints, where two cars ran at once on the same course. Halfway through, they switched sides. A course like that couldn't be too difficult to set up somewhere (jumps and bridges aside). With all the street cars that show up to rally-X events, how many stage rally cars make a showing there? With the popularity of autoX in parking lots, why not throw some street tires on the rally car and go show them a thing or two? If I want to find some place in Arizona where I can offer a full day of make-the-rules-up-as-we-go "rally" action to anyone who can show up with a helmet for less than $150 per person, do I have to have the permission of RA/NASA/SCCA? Didn't think so.

It's going to be a good long time before I can afford any rally action costing me more than $100 a pop, so maybe I'll just scrub my plans for roll cage, intercom, and all that and, instead, set my sights on finding new ways to publicize rally in my area in an effort to bring more people in.

You're either part of the solution, or your part of the problem.

Sorry for the rant. Just seems petty to me. This seems like the best thread in which to "Go off."

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
Jens
Jens
Elite Moderator

October 04, 2006 02:10PM
Why all the drama? It's the internet.

Go to some rallies and talk with people. You'll discover that most of us don't hate each other as much as the internet chatter indicates.

Some of us have been around a long, long, long....long, long time, and we miss the old days with less BS, 24 hour events, etc.

Others (young and old) like the new stuff.

Others don't care as long as they have deep pockets or great sponsors.

Don't judge the community by Special Stage or by Rally Anarchy.

As for local events: You're in Arizona, right? Lots of open space. Some of us are in regions where all there is are driveways, kids, dogs, and litigation is people's hobby.

DR1665 Wrote:
> Jeebus.
>
> What the hell is it with all the drama in this
> community?
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

October 04, 2006 02:30PM
Thanks for the friendly reply. I appreciate it. I hear what you're saying and I don't judge the entire rally community based on comments on these forums, but there sure seems to be a lot of bullshit going on. Sucks a fat one, imo. I just needed to vent. I'm very excited to be a part of rally in some way, and to see people who have actually reached the level at which I want to be bickering and telling all about how much things suck is really frustrating.

As for the populated 'burbs, a golf course is a stage just waiting to happen. winking smiley

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login