Advanced

Seats with integrated head restraints

Posted by Dazed_Driver 
Dazed_Driver
Banned
Super Moderator

Seats with integrated head restraints
November 09, 2007 04:15AM
Who has experience with these? Would you recomend them over a seat without them? Is your vision limited a lot? How well can you turn your head and see sideways?

Welcome to the cult of JVL drink the koolaid or be banned.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Andrew_Frick
Andrew Frick
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Rally Spec Ford Focus

Re: Seats with integrated head restraints
November 09, 2007 12:17PM
I have used them this season on my Rally Spec Focus and I really like them. I have a set of the Racetech 4009 seats.

The only time I noticed them on stage is when I slid into a stump at Sandblast and my head bounced off them.

They do get in the way when I am driving on the street. I have to duck down to look under them to check my blind spot on the drivers side. It also makes in very hard to see over my right shoulder at intersections. But that is more that the co-driver's seat and its head restraints are in the way.

An advantage is that if there is a delay at the rally you lean on them a take a little nap before the stage starts.

If you have a car with a small door opening and you like to sit really close to the steering wheel they can make getting into and out of the car a little more difficult. I do not really have a problem in my focus but it is easy to get into the car nascar style, ie both feet in first.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login