John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Mark 4 VW 1.8T GTi Build - RallyCross - MF Class
November 02, 2016 10:05AM
danster
DanielSL
If you ever plan to be successful at any walk in life, you may want to learn some things. Like some of the richest people still shop at Wal-Mart. Some of the most affluent millionaires don't have servants, or staff. The first key to making money is saving money.

Somewhat limited examples of being successful in life, all based around money...

But what if some folks choose to define their "success in life rating" by incorporating aspects other than money into the coefficient utilised to grade themselves? eye popping smiley

Dontcha like the turn of phrase "some of the most affluent millionaires....."

Well well me lads, da mind jumps to th' leaps to the question of where do dose "least affluent millionaires" shop, eh?

An' maybe we should spoor where some o' the most poverty stricken millionaire shop cause I betcha dey's canny folks dem. T'ink aboot it. If youse a ---wait, which is worse? A"least poverty stricken millionaire?" or a "least affluent millionaire"???

I'm stuck, Danny...that's a hard one to figure out...

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
danster
Haggis Muncher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

November 02, 2016 11:04AM
john vanlandingham
danster
DanielSL
If you ever plan to be successful at any walk in life, you may want to learn some things. Like some of the richest people still shop at Wal-Mart. Some of the most affluent millionaires don't have servants, or staff. The first key to making money is saving money.

Somewhat limited examples of being successful in life, all based around money...

But what if some folks choose to define their "success in life rating" by incorporating aspects other than money into the coefficient utilised to grade themselves? eye popping smiley

Dontcha like the turn of phrase "some of the most affluent millionaires....."

Well well me lads, da mind jumps to th' leaps to the question of where do dose "least affluent millionaires" shop, eh?

An' maybe we should spoor where some o' the most poverty stricken millionaire shop cause I betcha dey's canny folks dem. T'ink aboot it. If youse a ---wait, which is worse? A"least poverty stricken millionaire?" or a "least affluent millionaire"???

I'm stuck, Danny...that's a hard one to figure out...

In Europe, when I was a lad with a child's mind, I had worked out it was easiest to be a millionaire in Italy when they still used the Lira. IIRC some of the lower denomination notes were of similar value to sheets of toilet paper. That's real affluence man, wiping your ass on notes of money.

Of course money has become a feckin joke anyway. It's now a promissory paper note rather than being asset backed, what with fractional reserve banking, interest magically created and added on to loans, quantitative easing, everything designed to continually devalue the currency and enslave folk into debt whilst the few at the top of the pyramid get ever richer.

Revolution will save Rally!! hot smiley

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass
DexterVW
David Baker
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
95 GTI TDI

November 02, 2016 12:57PM
blah blah blah... go ducking race already. for 100.00 bucks you can get a running driving 2.0 golf/jetta (like my current daily driver, might smell like a tree farted in it and come with all the fuckboy stickers you'd ever want pre-installed, but all the underage chicks will think youre cool cause EM KAY FOH Yo Dude Guy) and actually compete at a race, get seat time, figure out all this BS we are telling you you're overthinking/spending/worrying about.

And believe me this is the kettle calling the pot black, there is a term in my group of friends "Pulling a Baker", guess what my name is... get dirty

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2016 01:02PM by DexterVW.
danster
Haggis Muncher
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

November 02, 2016 01:14PM
Duck race you say! This thread has certainly covered many topics, so why don't we enjoy some action now as it will be a while till the Golf is ready.

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2016 01:14PM by danster.
DanielSL
Daniel
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2005 VW Mk. 4 Golf GTI 1.8T

November 13, 2016 04:05PM
Spent one whole day this weekend doing nothing but mounting tires and balancing them.

Between Canada, New York, California, and Connecticut; all the used tires I bought over the last month plus had arrived, so I got them all to the workshop, paired them off with the correct wheels. Off I went to MD Auto & Tire for some fun time watching one of his young guys bead up rally tires. Fun watch indeed, as I should have brought some Captain with me!

I just wanted to say a huge thank you to everyone on both Rally Anarchy, and Special Stage that I got the tires (and lights) from. What a great help keeping me on budget. As the wife now knows about the car, I really have to be careful now.

Two of the 205 DMacks are on the car, as I used them for setting the HotBits suspension. This gives me two complete sets of rally tires, (205/65/15, and 16-65-15), and one set of mud tires (16-66-16). All three sets with at least one spare to be mounted in car if I do Rally Sprints, and the primary set with one of each direction spares on the trailer as well as a car mounted spare.

I have one leftover Michelin spare now, so I guess I will have to look for more tires; as I can't allow myself to have one lonely tire, sitting in the shop by itself. LMAO!
Attachments:
open | download - Rallye 4000 Lights.jpg (44.3 KB)
Rallye 4000 Lights.jpg
open | download - IMG_20161111_101801088.jpg (47.8 KB)
IMG_20161111_101801088.jpg
open | download - Tires - Edited.jpg (50.5 KB)
Tires - Edited.jpg
Josh Wimpey
Josh Wimpey
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Sneak the Golf

November 14, 2016 08:59AM
Why did you balance rally tires?

Why are you running an in-car spare in rallycross events?

____________________________________________________________-

One. Class -- 2WD

www.quantumrallysport.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Quantum-Rally-Sport/281129179600?ref=nf
DanielSL
Daniel
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

November 14, 2016 01:33PM
Because you balance tires...

For weight distribution...

With my fat arse driving, I need a lot more weight in the rear. Might actually run with two spares in it, and a larger battery.
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

November 14, 2016 09:09PM
DanielSL

With my fat arse driving, I need a lot more weight in the rear. Might actually run with two spares in it, and a larger battery.
LOL, hilarious, do you have a writer?

Power means nothing if you cannot control it!
Vincent Gagnon
The same thing that I just wrote
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 240

November 14, 2016 11:31PM

You are not that fat Daniel Carradini.

Ask for work.
If they don't give you work, ask for bread.
If they do not give you work or bread, then take bread.

- Emma Goldman
Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

November 15, 2016 12:30AM
Vincent Gagnon

You are not that fat Daniel Carradini.

You gotta update man!
Attachments:
open | download - CallImage.gif (11 KB)
CallImage.gif
DanielSL
Daniel
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

November 15, 2016 05:42AM
Well, fat enough it made me cringe when I started to test fit the seat position so we could start designing the cage.
Sorry boys, but I'm not in charge of updating the photos online. Shoot them an e-mail and complain, and I'm sure they'll get right on it.
As long as I take a new photo every year, I'm sure they have plenty of options to choose from, lol.
Lord, I don't even remember how long ago I had a beard. It's on my drivers license still, but hasn't been recent in years.

Vincent;

I just noticed your quote from Emma Goldman. It makes me think of Jean Val Jean from Les Miserables. Is there a history behind the quote itself?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2016 06:02AM by DanielSL.
DanielSL
Daniel
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

November 15, 2016 06:00AM
On to more important things...
Now that I have the lights here, I have realized that it is just too much weight to hang off of the front bumper with the heavy steel plate they are currently mounted on.
I want to do a light pod, but PIAA no longer offers the pod they made for the Mk. 4 Golf models. I got in touch with Davenport Racing, and they can get me a universal pod with all of the retaining rings I need for the Rallye 4000's; but it would be close to a grand for the pod, rings, and shipping.
Does anyone have a cheaper alternative to an universal fit pod which would attach to the hood?
Thanks ahead of time.
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

November 15, 2016 08:08AM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNIVERSAL-RALLY-LIGHT-PODS-SUBARU-MITSUBISHI-PORSCHE-BMW-MERCEDES-VW-AUDI-GM-/152305019499?hash=item2376162a6b:g:tA0AAOSwcUBYG8WF

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
DanielSL
Daniel
Super Moderator

Rally Car:

November 15, 2016 08:19AM
You sir, are a gentleman. Thank you.
Josh Wimpey
Josh Wimpey
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Sneak the Golf

November 15, 2016 01:20PM
DanielSL

Ummm.... What?

Rally tires definitely do not need balancing for rallycross (or stage rally for that matter).

Weight distribution? The Golf is FWD. You want weight on the nose for everything rallycross (and even stage rally -- just ask Saab what they found back in the day). You also want as little inertia as possible. So, small battery-- up front, and no spares--ever-- for rallycross.

About the only things you should be focused on are getting the car as light as possible (small wheels, small tires, small brakes, small battery, removal and cutting of every bracket, bolt, carpet, dash, sheet metal, glass removal, etc possible), and basic reliability.

____________________________________________________________-

One. Class -- 2WD

www.quantumrallysport.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Quantum-Rally-Sport/281129179600?ref=nf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login