Posted by DanielSL 
DanielSL
Daniel
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
2005 VW Mk. 4 Golf GTI 1.8T

Re: Mark 4 VW 1.8T GTi Build - RallyCross - MF Class
August 29, 2016 04:46PM
Thank you, Matt. Some late night reading is ahead of me. Much appreciated.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
danster
Haggis Muncher
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

August 29, 2016 04:48PM
DanielSL
danster
This dude probably has more invested in stickers than I had in my entire car. winking smiley

Stickers/Decals is at $200 and climbing, lol.

Yep, just as I thought, I was less than 200$ into my car when it was getting FTDs. I live in a different continent and am supposedly off my tits on Diamond White and IrnBru yet I still manage to post accurate information. smileys with beer

DanielSL
You're not one of the jackasses, yet... smiling smiley I'm Italian, so I have to hate the Irish. You're Scottish, so you're safe. As Sean Connery was the only true Bond, and MacLeod the only true Highlander; I do pay attention to your advise and opinions.

FFS I thought I was at Jackass level and now find I've not actually made the grade yet. angry smiley

DanielSL
but a couple of you are just complete jackasses
But this now leaves us uncertain to just who is the other Jackass... I'll surmise that John has already made the grade, but which other anarchist can claim Jackass status?

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass
DanielSL
Daniel
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:

August 29, 2016 04:54PM
Well, Dan; I have to keep one open for myself, you know.

John is only one side of the ridiculous arguments taking my build thread off topic almost every day. It does take two, you know.
RTWRALLY
Jesse Whitsell
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Mk3 golf 8v

August 29, 2016 05:40PM
DanielSL

John is only one side of the ridiculous arguments taking my build thread off topic almost every day. It does take two, you know.

Seems to me that John has put his creative input into this thread as did many others. And it's still on topic other than the occasional Opel tech data.

My advice is use the wheel as it was invented. No need to over complicate or over expense. In our crew we call that pulling a baker. Dextervw has first hand experience with this!

Make your vw operational and go give this grass-o-cross a whirl and have fun!

No need to reinvent the wheel!
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

August 29, 2016 05:47PM
DanielSL

John is one of the only ones still trying to help you. Would you continue give advice to someone who doesn't listen to anything you say??? Honestly I have given up on offering any suggestions or advice, others have done the same or are too busy correcting the incorrect BS you spew from your Italian (Pretty sure you said you were from mASS) mouth to give you anything correct.
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

August 29, 2016 05:48PM
RTWRALLY
DexterVW
My $.01

order a set of these, http://www.kermatdi.com/mk4-shine-racing-real-street-spring-kit/ slap on your bilsteins and be done. The fast guys up here all ran Shine springs on bilsteins.

This is the truth. I've had my hand in and piloted the top 2 of 3 grass-o-cross cars in the NER region. All 3 being mk3 2.0 golfs The top 3 have pretty much the same EVERYTHING! Improved stock like suspension, rally tires, proper gear ratios, and a mildly modded engine at probably a fierce 120hphot smiley

P.S. I snapped my back a year ago and can still function normally.....like 2 overall rally sprint wins with a G2 car

Seems like you need to buy the red one to complete the set.
Paul Buck
Paul Buck
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 242 in progress

August 29, 2016 05:50PM
DanielSL

"Things I've learned on Rally Anarchy in my tenure as a sub-newb."

1.) Read every thread, click the links, read, learn and stfu. Even threads that you think have nothing to do with you, your car, or your situation. The link Matt posted is new to me and it's on this gawdawful thread.

2.) Most every guy on here who is going to give you info and advice is someone who has done it. The advice you get could be contrary, but lucky for you it's been loud, singular and clear.

3.) Fucking with John is best left to those who know him. The dude is a founder of the site and knows metric shittonnes about all sorts of shit. If you want to post on RA, get used to him. That death, tombstone, family shit talk is lame. You have kids, I got kid, John's got kids. As a family man I know that shit was weak. I hope as a family man you realize that too. You don't have to like everyone, just stfu about it.

3.) Go to events and meet humans in person. Volunteer. Make friends in the local scene. People who will help you and teach you in real life are better than forums. It may cost you some beer and pizza, but you get some too. Oh, and you make new friends.

Just don't pee on them.
Pete
Pete Remner
Ultra Moderator

August 29, 2016 05:55PM
(wanders back into the thread)

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

August 29, 2016 08:02PM
Thomas Kimsey
DanielSL

John is one of the only ones still trying to help you. Would you continue give advice to someone who doesn't listen to anything you say??? Honestly I have given up on offering any suggestions or advice, others have done the same or are too busy correcting the incorrect BS you spew from your Italian (Pretty sure you said you were from mASS) mouth to give you anything correct.

I was going to point that out.
I've known many real Italians..They like me, I like them, they have great humor and when they exaggerate its obvious and creative and funny..This guy is a fucking arch-typical useless Masshole, the kind the name was created for..Masshole American never done nothing really but talks like he the World Champ---but can't multiply 50 x 2.2.. seriously..Wot the fawk?Fucking goomba. Stungatz!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Pete
Pete Remner
Ultra Moderator

August 29, 2016 08:20PM
50x2.2? Isn't that just half of 220? 50 is half of a hundred, a hundred times 2.2 is 220, so fifty times 2.2 is half of 220 and isn't that easy to figure out since half of 2 is what again?

I remember some Canadian mechanical hacker video, the poor bastard who only ever grew up with decimal-centric Metric was trying to figure out what 24000 divided by 12 was... trying to figure, okay, that is like 8% or some shit...

Meanwhile anybody who grew up with feet/inches or even looked at a frickin' CLOCK knew how to divide 24 by 12...

- Pete (Trilingual. I speak US "Imperial", cgs Metric, and mks Metric)

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2016 08:23PM by Pete.
Thomas Kimsey
Thomas Kimsey
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 XRatty

August 29, 2016 08:31PM
john vanlandingham

I've known many real Italians..They like me, I like them, they have great humor and when they exaggerate its obvious and creative and funny..

Thanks Mr. Trump!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2016 08:38PM by Thomas Kimsey.
DexterVW
David Baker
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
95 GTI TDI

August 30, 2016 03:25PM
RTWRALLY
DanielSL

My advice is use the wheel as it was invented. No need to over complicate or over expense. In our crew we call that pulling a baker. Dextervw has first hand experience with this!

I have no idea what you're talking about RTW... spinning smiley sticking its tongue out Thanks for getting me to a point where I actually built my car and stopped trying to reinvent the wheel.
SteveL
Steve Leitch
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Can't decide which to use...

August 31, 2016 12:46AM
DanielSL
I have to check with HotBits to see what the lowest rates they have available for the Mk.4 chassis, and the rear shocks I bought. At least once I have all of the rear suspension installed, I can focus more on the issues with the front, and the numbers I will need for travel and spring rate.

My grandfather used to say "Far too much has been written about brilliant men, and not nearly enough about morons."
Well, I do believe he wasn't shitting me. You sir, are a moron. No question about it, you've got the mental capacity of
a box of rocks. A really big box... How many respondents have said all you need is fresh stock equipment??

You are not listening, and you wonder why some of us are replying in a tourettes manor??

Read the quote I have in my signature... You're at that point right now...

SteveL
This is the point in the killing spree when you really should turn the gun on yourself
Pete
Pete Remner
Ultra Moderator

August 31, 2016 06:09AM
SteveL
My grandfather used to say "Far too much has been written about brilliant men, and not nearly enough about morons."
Well, I do believe he wasn't shitting me. You sir, are a moron. No question about it, you've got the mental capacity of
a box of rocks. A really big box... How many respondents have said all you need is fresh stock equipment??

Not "need". For a front driver, want, from all indication.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

DanielSL
Daniel
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:

August 31, 2016 06:17AM
11 year old rolling chassis, with 130K + miles on it.

Need "new suspension, for RX".
Want "best I could afford in budget".

Budgeted $1500 for shocks, struts, and springs. Not including anything else suspension related.

Rear will be HotBits. Front will be Bilstein HD, with either the Jetta VR6 wagon springs, or converted to coilovers, with HotBits springs.

Moving on to the next part of the project.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login