Posted by LexusFman 
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

Re: Whos the fanboy now????????
April 02, 2017 06:35PM
My buddy is down to go with me but he doesn't think his matrix can even make it all the way to Michigan. Could it fit in a 2012 Camry Hybrid trunk? What are the dimensions I can't seem to find them easily but it's not like my Google game strong

EDIT: And about the bellhousing adapter, that I already have. That dude I bought my Volvo from is like the plug. He even has a mostly new 'zaust that he said I forgot to pick up lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2017 06:47PM by LexusFman.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 02, 2017 06:48PM
LexusFman
My buddy is down to go with me but he doesn't think his matrix can even make it all the way to Michigan. Could it fit in a 2012 Camry Hybrid trunk? What are the dimensions I can't seem to find them easily but it's not like my Google game strong

about yay wide.. maybe 10: and yay tall maybe 11" and yay long.. maybe 30 "..It'll fit..

Fuuuuuuuuuuuck I'll google it since I'm an "old rally cancer" according to some former SoCal, now Flar-duh Subie fan boy cunt
https://summitracing.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2505/~/manual-transmission-dimensions

Listed below are the critical dimensions of the T56 in comparison to T5 and traditional four-speed transmissions. Metric dimensions are converted to inches, rounded off to the nearest 0.1 inch. Trans model
A B C D E F
GM Super T10, Muncie, Saginaw 6.3 14.2 23.0 N/A N/A 3.75
GM T5 (V8) 6.3 16.0 25.0 19.0 21.2 3.75
GM T56 F-car (production) 4.9 21.0 26.4 21.1 23.9 3.75
GM T56 F-car (aftermarket)1 6.3 21.5 27.0 21.6 21.6 3.75
Ford T5 6.9375 14.5 24.125 N/A N/A 5.5
Ford Toploader 6.375 13.25 24.125 N/A N/A 5.5
Mopar 383 7.38 15.28 27.01 N/A N/A 2 or 2.76
Notes: 1. Dimensions B through E include 0.5-inch-thick adapter plate
File Attachments
HTML document bwt5613.gif (100.75 Kcool smiley

Now dood, you already measured the fawkin truck of the car?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Pete
Pete Remner
Mega Moderator

April 02, 2017 07:31PM
LexusFman

EDIT: And about the bellhousing adapter, that I already have. That dude I bought my Volvo from is like the plug. He even has a mostly new 'zaust that he said I forgot to pick up lol

I can fit four Mazda transmissions in the trunk of my little Volvo, Camry is bigger and T5s are smaller.

I just e-mailed him asking if the trans was sold yet.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2017 07:33PM by Pete.
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

April 02, 2017 07:58PM
john vanlandingham
LexusFman
What happened to those magic $200 gearboxes I kept hearing about? Guess John V really is a liar. .

Could be that things have gone up in price as time rolls on for a decade while everybody is flogging the log...

Supra diffs used to go for $75..
You old bastards had it good back in the day everything was cheap, wages were up, and you didn't have to deal with this computers BS...Actually NVM about the computers that's the only thing I think I can have over the OG mechanic at our shop...But if that wasn't the only thing that might give me a fighting chance in my new profession I would snap every scan tool and data cord in half. Direct TPMS, Indirect TPMS, OBD relearn vs Wireless, Oil Change/Tire/Maintenance Lights, BRAKE CALIPERS YOU NEED A FUCKING SCAN TOOL TO RETRACT THE PISTON(I mean seriously dude if the dealer wants more brake jobs maybe they shouldn't suck)
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 02, 2017 11:56PM
Pete
]

I just e-mailed him asking if the trans was sold yet.

Pete do ya know if its V8 or V6, and if V6--which will do for this galoot to begin with---know if GM case or Ferd?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
ghost
Jon Waters
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Celica GT && 79 RX-7

April 03, 2017 01:38AM
Yo this is lexusfmans bro with the matrix. I think if we clear all of the shit out of his trunk it will for sure fit into it. Transmissions aren't too large and if you can fit a dead hooker or two in your trunk you should be able to fit a transmission. I think lexusfmans camry can fit apx 3 dead hookers. Too bad my crown vic isnt on the road. That beast can fit like a solid 6 dead hookers in the back. As far as trunk size ratings go, one dead hooker is apx 130-150lbs of highschool dropout. Usually drug users. (I rate all of my trunks and cargo space in DH or dead hookers) We recorded a bit of video today that has yet to be edited and uploaded to the ytubz. Glad I'm finally on the forum.

Btw I've got an 83 celica GT liftback and a 1979 rx7.

~ Ghost

79' RX7
83' Celica GT
04' RAV4
05' Galant GTS
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

April 03, 2017 11:23AM
Bastard has TWO GROUP B RALLY CARS
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Mod Moderator

April 03, 2017 11:24AM
So does the car even run yet?
How about you get the car running with the auto-trajeek before you two try and take on a transmission swap.

BTW, a T5 will fit in the front/back seat of a car easily if there's no bellhousing.
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

April 03, 2017 05:27PM
Robert Culbertson
So does the car even run yet?
How about you get the car running with the auto-trajeek before you two try and take on a transmission swap.

BTW, a T5 will fit in the front/back seat of a car easily if there's no bellhousing.
No it doesn't run yet. Maybe your right ahahaha. I'm just figuring out the best way to spend my money and in what order lol. Cuz I know I'll get tired of the auto SOON

EDIT: Plus I was thinking it would be easiest to disconnect the driveshaft and pull the whole motor and trans. To put the new motor in I would need to disconnect the old block from the trans anyway, so why not just throw in a T5 and a shaft and a clutch call it a day? But thinking about it I would need to mod the old driveshaft or get a new one and get a clutch wouldn't I?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2017 05:42PM by LexusFman.
Robert Culbertson
Mod Moderator

April 03, 2017 06:14PM
I'm all for pulling the motor and trans together. It takes like 30min longer if you're even remotely competent.
Throwing in a t5 costs about $600-$1k, if you're being frugal. Since you're always complaining about being broke.... might want to get the car going first.

Source: I've actually done a few t5 swaps into Volvos.
ghost
Jon Waters
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Celica GT && 79 RX-7

April 03, 2017 07:14PM
Yak, I've been telling you dude we gotta swap the engine first, then get it running, then fuck with the transmission. I mean are we stripping the engine bay or not? Things that are useful can be left out for now like the washer fluid bottle. Might as well relocate the battery to the trunk just to get it out of the engine bay. I plan on relocating the battery of the rx7 just because the front pole is exactly behind the gap of the light and hood, hence why we had to re-terminate the endpoint because it was so corroded. Once we have the engine in and running we will make the rest of the car roadworthy. Rebuild the calipers and run new brake lines. A car being able to stop is a wee bit more important than it being able to go. After we have successfully taken it for a test drive, let's rip into it and do a tranny swap. Shouldn't be too dificult to swap. I think the most dificult part will be the petal housing. I haven't put any thought into what housing we should use.

~ Ghost

79' RX7
83' Celica GT
04' RAV4
05' Galant GTS
Robert Culbertson
Mod Moderator

April 03, 2017 07:24PM
ghost
I think the most dificult part will be the petal housing. I haven't put any thought into what housing we should use.

How about one from a manual 240????
ghost
Jon Waters
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
83 Celica GT && 79 RX-7

April 03, 2017 08:27PM
I was under the impression the only way to have a manual 240 was to swap a manual tranny into it?

~ Ghost

79' RX7
83' Celica GT
04' RAV4
05' Galant GTS
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

April 04, 2017 07:07PM
He's smart I swear guys....He just likes Mazda and Nissan. I'm the retarded one out of our friend group.

Dude the Volvo 240 came with a manual it's called a M46/M47 issue is the M46 is a 4 speed w/ "overdrive" (I think that's what gay old people call a 5 speed) and the M47 is a fake 5 speed (I heard the 5th gear is just old swedish people pretending they made a real transmission). Both of them have ratios fit for a farm tractor and are capable of holding exactaly 1 horsepowerz. Smart people, prevent the proliferation of my stupidity by correcting if I am wrong.

On a side note why haven't any of you guys just told us to give the fuck up yet? You guys just like watching the Trainwreck huh

I might just go M47. Who needs horsepower anyway I'll just push the bitch down Mt Akina, gutter run that shit I'll be fine and I'll probably beat half of the American rally feild and all of Formula D...It's been 10+ years of drifting in the states and we still can't drift in the rain...
Robert Culbertson
Mod Moderator

April 04, 2017 07:20PM
The m46 is a boat anchor, the m47 is significantly lighter. The ratios kinda suck, but they're fine if you want to keep things simple. We raced 10ish events with the m46. Never needed to use the OD on stage, it was nice on transits though. Yeah a T5 can be better, but you got to get the right one.

Do you have the correct drivelines for either of the transmissions? Flywheels (2 different types, gotta get a toothed one if you're running lh2.4)? The proper clutch to match up to the correct spline count (there's 2) and the right pressure plate (2 options here at least)?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login