Posted by MattP 
MattP
Matt Pullen
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

Re: Yet another Xr4Ti
January 08, 2018 08:45PM
So been a bit busy lately sorry for the lack of progress updates, and I've also been waiting for some cage pieces to turn up. But since these have arrived it's a green light for the rest of the way.
Car is at KRR in Kamloops having the FIA T45 cage welded in, all the Wilwood 4 pot brake setups and Tilton floor mounted peddle box are in the shop. I decided to ditch the calble clutch and crappy quadrant thing and go with the hydraulic T9 clutch setup.
ATL Welcel 12 Gal fuel cell and single lift and single main pump Radium FCST surge tank is ready to go. The Evo Corse wheels were dropped off.
I have gone with the PimpX and full loom that will tie in using Canbus to the Aim MXL dash and GPS driven speedo. All the old loom has been ditched in anticipation of a self made Milspec wiring setup with just the wires I need not all the silly extras.
The goal is to get the car to be right on 2900# as this is the lowest weight before I have to install a 32mm turbo restrictor to meet CARS O2wd rules.
I did have another good result with buying spares! I bought an engine and gearbox combo from a failed project in Edmonton for $100, when I got it home I thought it looked like someone had removed the intake and head so I investigated.... Lo and behold I found a gutted upper and knife edged lower, looked a little closer and found the head has had the intake runners opened up and valve stems cleaned up, I will be taking the head off to check the rest of it in the next few days.

Yes, it's a Ranger.
Xr4Ti, it is rwd and was made in Germany.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Attachments:
open | download - Rear Cage.jpg (50.6 KB)
Rear Cage.jpg
open | download - Brakes.jpg (30.8 KB)
Brakes.jpg
open | download - Wheels.jpg (25.6 KB)
Wheels.jpg
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

January 27, 2018 03:20PM
Looks awesome!

Power means nothing if you cannot control it!
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

January 28, 2018 09:33AM
it's coming along nicely

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
MattP
Matt Pullen
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

February 12, 2018 12:59PM
I have picked up a new motor for the car, the sum of all the parts is far in excess of the amount I paid for it.
From what the previous owners of it have confirmed is that at 15 psi on 91 octane it is putting a conservative 220hp at the wheels, even the dyno owner has said in the past that his machine reads 10-15% lower than others in the province so a true heart-breaker dyno.....

Yes, it's a Ranger.
Attachments:
open | download - New Motor.jpg (60.6 KB)
New Motor.jpg
MattP
Matt Pullen
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

February 27, 2018 09:16PM
So finally got the last bits out from the car, fuel tank, rear end and all the old pipe work.

Only had issues with two bolts, one that snapped on the front anti roll bar bracket and a weld nut broke free due to a corroded 17 mm bolt that holds the rear end on.
Not bad for an ill maintained '32 year old car, as it turned out all the shocks were dead and weeping as well as one rear spring snapped in half.

"only needs a couple of wires connected, a tune up and she's ready to go" famous last words from the previous owner that keep repeating in my head!!

Next to get it off to the bead blasting place to get rid of the undergoo and other crap, then make ready for patching holes and stitch welding all the seams.

Yes, it's a Ranger.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login