Construction Zone
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

public service announcement: dry cut blade for yer skil saw.

Posted by Mad Matt F 
Mad Matt F
Matt Follett
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Don't Laugh, the Justy is Fun!

public service announcement: dry cut blade for yer skil saw.
July 04, 2017 01:16AM
So I'm a tree guy by training... but I fab-ra-cooble for fun. Just finished up building the "tree truck" below, and now on to something else...

I don't have a bandsaw, and I tend to use thing cut-off wheels in the grinders to cut. I picked up one of these Diablo dry cut 5800 rpm blades a few months ago, but have been afraid to use it! winking smiley

Tried it out today... DAMN! this thing is awesome.

Says 1/8 max... I spent all day cutting 1/4 wall 3x3, heavy pipe, angle iron... all 1/4 or bigger... makes chips not dust.

Just saying, if you're cheap, and you need to cut some ferrous stuff... this thing really works!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Attachments:
open | download - 2017-05-16 11.48.46.jpg (49 KB)
2017-05-16 11.48.46.jpg
open | download - 2017-07-03 17.40.52.jpg (38.1 KB)
2017-07-03 17.40.52.jpg
open | download - 2017-07-03 15.39.45.jpg (42.1 KB)
2017-07-03 15.39.45.jpg
Drmike
Michael Pettengill
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1982 Volvo 242

Re: public service announcement: dry cut blade for yer skil saw.
July 04, 2017 05:26PM
I'll second those diablo blades. They also work great in a chop-saw, especially for aluminum!
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Senior Moderator

July 04, 2017 05:30PM
I need to pick up a cheap circular saw just for this.
And buy stock in ear plugs.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 04, 2017 05:41PM
Drmike
I'll second those diablo blades. They also work great in a chop-saw, especially for aluminum!

Say, _____________, I don't know if you noticed but aside from a few keyboard heroes everybody around here uses their real name and lists their real city and state..Partilally cause its a good way to look at people as people and partly because it was the very first and relly ONLY rule we could think of years ago when this forum was invented about 12 over that way<---------------..

Here, look at this:
http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/read.php?8,41104
RALLY ANARCHY RULES - READ THIS FIRST (that means you, newb)

Administrator [ PM ]
August 13, 2010 07:30PM Admin
WELCOME TO RALLY ANARCHY!

This site has been created with the goal of creating a proper rally BBS for the North American scene, for the people who love the sport and hobby. It's based on the idea of Sailing Anarchy, check it out if you want a sample.

And by proper, I mean highly improper. Most things that will get censored on other Forums is fair game here. Proceed at your own risk. Note that the webmaster is not responsible for the views or opinions posted on this Forum, in a very real and legally binding sense.

That's not to say there aren't any rules here. On the contrary, one sure fire way to get booted is to act consistently stupid or take personal attacks too far. Another is to whine or bullshit incessantly without contributing either knowledge or humour to the discussion. Any malicious quoting out of context to seriously deceive (rather than just poke some fun and obviously josh around) is grounds for ass kicking. Ditto on posts complaining about spelling or grammatical errors. If you are convicted by a jury of your peers, you may be sent to the Sin Bin for detention. And of course, posting anything illegal is grounds for immediate removal and ban-hammering.

Here's an example of rules you won't see here:

"I figure that hosting a forum is a lot like inviting a diverse group of adults to your living room for a discussion that can edify anyone who cares to listen and respectfully participate. Were it my living room and a handful of guests insisted on ignoring common sense rules of decorum by interrupting discussions with personal attacks, derailing trains of thought to further some unrelated agenda, consistently abused their participation privilege by carrying on one's business on the premises or uttered anything that might make a libel attorney salivate then I'd certainly never invite them back."

That's fine and dandy, but we need a place to talk openly, especially if it's in a yakking-around-the-garage after dropping-in-an-engine kind of friendly banter. Think of Rally Anarchy as the local clubhouse you probably have never had. Swearing is OK, but don't go overboard.

One of the things you won't find here is 834,234 different forums for every different country, region, state, province, city, neighborhood, gender, shoe size, sexual preference or hair colour. If you've got something to say, why don't you say it to the whole class, hmmmm?

Required Information

We hate cutesy account names like "FastDriver" or "WRCbound" or "PlumSmuggler" or whatever, but people get attached to their favourite account names. However we want to know who you actually are, so you the following information is required in your Member Profile:

Full Real Name - this is absolutely required at all times
City and State/Province
Car(s) you rally (we don't give a rat's ass about your street/track cars)
Year of birth

The price of having a forum to say whatever you want* is that you have to stand by what you say. You don't get to be a brave internet hero, while hiding behind your keyboard.

That way we know if you're some crusty retired old guy, or a clueless kid having wet car-dreams, and can make fun of you accordingly. To edit your profile, sign in and click here:Go to the Control Center

Business Advertising

If you are representing a rally-specific business you can flog your products and services in the Buy & Sell but you can only start one new topic per 7 days. That's 7 days since your last new topic. I repeat, it must be a rally specific business. And if it gets out of control, business solicitation may be banned entirely. So don't spam, or you may find your posts deleted and your account banned without warning.

Misc Things

Want to put an exciting action shot of you driving (or co-driving) into the upper left hand corner of every page? Just email your reasonably-sized JPG to cornerpic@rallyanarchy.com

Got suggestions on edits/additions to this page? Click on the PM link at the top of this post to send me a private message or send an email to webmaster@rallyanarchy.com

Rally On!

OK? You never did post the jetting in the carbies.. Did ya?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Drmike
Michael Pettengill
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1982 Volvo 242

July 04, 2017 09:03PM
john vanlandingham
Drmike

I don't know if you noticed but aside from a few keyboard heroes everybody around here uses their real name and lists their real city and state..

Here, look at this:

My bad, all fixed.

john vanlandingham
You never did post the jetting in the carbies.. Did ya?
Nope, I didn't. Ran good enough to run the sprint and I had a list of other tasks before hand so that was back burnered. Back on front-ish burner now. I'll update my thread with that info plus some this week.
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

July 04, 2017 11:41PM
Robert Culbertson
She's a plugs with muffs over top situation, also if cutting aluminum put a piece of plywood on the base of the saw, otherwise it kind of sticks.

Power means nothing if you cannot control it!
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 05, 2017 11:26AM
Drmike
john vanlandingham
Drmike

I don't know if you noticed but aside from a few keyboard heroes everybody around here uses their real name and lists their real city and state..

Here, look at this:

My bad, all fixed.

Thank you...

and yeah poast it.

john vanlandingham
You never did post the jetting in the carbies.. Did ya?
Nope, I didn't. Ran good enough to run the sprint and I had a list of other tasks before hand so that was back burnered. Back on front-ish burner now. I'll update my thread with that info plus some this week.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
MattP
Matt Pullen
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

July 05, 2017 04:28PM
ElectroTech
Robert Culbertson
She's a plugs with muffs over top situation, also if cutting aluminum put a piece of plywood on the base of the saw, otherwise it kind of sticks.

Use WD40 on the blade while you are cutting as well, doesn't chew it up so bad.

Yes, it's a Ranger.
Xr4Ti, it is rwd and was made in Germany.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login