Posted by DirtyDave 
DirtyDave
DAVE
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
NONE

Nevermind...
July 03, 2019 12:34PM
After doing some more reading on here, I've realized I'm not welcome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2019 08:44AM by DirtyDave.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
RALLYRS
Mike Ball
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Nope...I wish...RWD 2 Door Jeep XJ 4.0 5-spd Dirt-o-cross car(we have no grass!)2.3 ZX3 rallyx car(sold)

Re: "Rally Inspired" Daily Driver Focus ZX3
July 04, 2019 02:19PM
You made the spacers?

................................................. .....................

Support your Local North American Rally Forum!!

While they are still around-and get the hell off Farsebook!!

We still have Specialstage & RallyAnarchy.

Post up Here:

https://rallyanarchy.com/phorum/posting.php

and here:

https://www.specialstage.com/forums/forum.php
DirtyDave
DAVE
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
NONE

July 08, 2019 07:06AM
RALLYRS
You made the spacers?

Yeah, these were the first spacers I made. See my post on Focus Fanatics. I'll stay over there. This isn't the place for me

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/08/2019 08:46AM by DirtyDave.
RALLYRS
Mike Ball
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Nope...I wish...RWD 2 Door Jeep XJ 4.0 5-spd Dirt-o-cross car(we have no grass!)2.3 ZX3 rallyx car(sold)

July 09, 2019 02:14PM
DirtyDave
RALLYRS
You made the spacers?

Yeah, these were the first spacers I made. See my post on Focus Fanatics. I'll stay over there. This isn't the place for me

Oops, sorry, didn’t notice this was dirty Dave from fanatics.

I haven’t been over there in a while. Those homebrew coil overs look pretty cool.

I see that the post where the guy complaining about spam kind of upset you.

Well, Skye runs this site out of pocket, so if one is going to complain about the Spammers -one needs to at least offer to help in the same sentence.

I reported some spam a couple days ago and in the message offered to help.
Not sure if anybody here ever had actual moderator status besides Skye,but of course my offer stands.

Specialstage.com is having the same problem, and I have been reporting the spam, posting in the admin forum,and offering to MOD over there as well. Along with bumping the spam off the start page.

As far as John going off on the poster, well that guy, who unfortunately is apparently a proven convicted child molester, kinda had it coming from whining about a spam problem on this site.

Along with a bunch of his older pointless posts.

Don’t worry about it, there’s a lotta good info here.

Speaking of John, When I was getting my focus ready for rallyx, I listened to him, and others here, about tire diameter.

And the propensity for everybody to think they are a WRC star and go with big giant tires.

I know you’re not even doing rallyx right now, just some gravel back roads and street driving, but you might want to rethink that tire size, unless you just regeared.

215/60r16 Is almost 2 inches taller than the stock Focus size tire.

No matter what kind of driving you’re doing, your car is going to be slooooow.

I went with 195/60 R 15 and it is absolutely perfect.

There are some 15” gravel wheels that will fit over your desired SVT brakes.

Don’t know if my braids will, but team dynamics are known to.

Or if you really have to stick with a 16 like you want you should be able to find a similar diameter tire they won’t kill your gearing.

Post up Here:

and here:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2019 02:22PM by RALLYRS.
DirtyDave
DAVE
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
NONE

July 09, 2019 02:24PM
Thanks. I was more referring to the unwelcome attitude towards wannabees with anything that isn't a full blown racecar. Mine is a street car, so it doesn't fit here is what I gather. I'll be on FF
RALLYRS
Mike Ball
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:

July 09, 2019 02:42PM
No problem.

I can understand Johns attitude sometimes,as it IS a stage rally site.

And we get some people that come in here with grandiose and really weird ideas.

Often with no intentions whatsoever of ever running stage rally.
And going on and on about all the different trick part$ that they have purchased for their oddball car, and going on and on about the theories of this and theories of that so they can race in a dirt parking lot.

And probably get their ass handed to them by some grandpa, who knows how to drive, in a stock Kia that he bought off craigslist for $700.

Me, I have only done rallyx(what Is commonly referred to here as grass o cross ,but in my neck of the woods it’s more of a dirt o cross).

Hell, I don’t even do that anymore.

I am way behind schedule for getting on stage, but just did a career change ,so hopefully,if that works out, I’m hoping by 2020 can finally get my ass going.

We have rallyx,autox,Road racers,hill climbers,and some off road people here.

We also have people that built a stage rally car, and then gave up on that and run their car in other series, like lemons for example.

I am mainly here to listen to the stage rally guys, but I will check out the other threads as well.

So anyway, you might want to look occasionally if nothing else. Also check out special stage as well. Otherwise see you on FF.

Post up Here:

and here:

john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

July 09, 2019 03:41PM
RALLYRS
No problem.

I can understand Johns attitude sometimes,as it IS a stage rally site.

And we get some people that come in here with grandiose and really weird ideas.

Often with no intentions whatsoever of ever running stage rally.
And going on and on about all the different trick part$ that they have purchased for their oddball car, and going on and on about the theories of this and theories of that so they can race in a dirt parking lot.

And probably get their ass handed to them by some grandpa, who knows how to drive, in a stock Kia that he bought off craigslist for $700.

Me, I have only done rallyx(what Is commonly referred to here as grass o cross ,but in my neck of the woods it’s more of a dirt o cross).

Hell, I don’t even do that anymore.

I am way behind schedule for getting on stage, but just did a career change ,so hopefully,if that works out, I’m hoping by 2020 can finally get my ass going.

We have rallyx,autox,Road racers,hill climbers,and some off road people here.

We also have people that built a stage rally car, and then gave up on that and run their car in other series, like lemons for example.

I am mainly here to listen to the stage rally guys, but I will check out the other threads as well.

So anyway, you might want to look occasionally if nothing else. Also check out special stage as well. Otherwise see you on FF.

Mike its not if they are nor building a full on bad ass rally car or not..It is the bullshitting that so many dreamer/wanker/fucktards do about their "modest" projects....Like the Masshole childe molester..Look at the beginnings of that thread..He argues not merely with me, but with everybody about how he needed "400 hp" and "340mm discs" so therefore he NEEDS 17" wheels 8" wide....."because he talked to the winnerz" at his local dead flat grass field......in Flar-duh---a state full of NE liars and rejects and bullshitters..

Or the Flor-idiot who owned a excellent car, a 92 Galant AWD thing but the Flor-iodiot wanted to pull the drive train out of the excellent car and stick it in a Colt Vista microvan..one of these

"because from some angles it looks kinda like a Lancia Delta Intergrale."

That's stupid and it's bullshit...Its not that they want to go skid around in a field for cheap..
Its bullshit like this flash in the pan guy who listed "Thanks to all my sponsors" who he later said "mounted 6 tires for me" and who those BSers whop call their street cars "my Rally racer" and who refer to their "rally -team" and their "program"....of doing "the circuit"

That's all bullshit...that's the gripe and nobody, none of us needs MORE bullshit that already cascades forth from everywhere 24/7 already...

The anonymous poster who claims to be "Dave"....well who is he?..Its just a name, no city, no real name, so its merely a "persona"....the one thing ALL of the founders of this place all agreed leads to bullshitters infesting a place., so since he refuses to be enough of a person to have a name and a location, can anybody take any interaction seriously with a guy intentionally hiding???
Not me.
If he's butt hurt about being asked to say who he is, just as any of us would in real life if we met in some informal way-----or if he's "offended" (guessing that from how he's crying about "(sniffle) I guess I'm not wanted here..Good bye cruel world"winking smiley from people asking what is normal to ask if we met in a real world situation, then whadd-evar....
Personally I am always instantly suspicious (and I am not at all a suspicious person by nature) of people who hide their identity and who bullshit..those are 2 markers of a fearful consumer..And they're always trouble.

So its not "wawwy-cwoss" or even parking lot 'otter-cross' that I despise..(I do lament the lost opportunities for MORE fun that grass-o-cross could be if it weren't saddled by nervous nellie types setting up courses), but the posturing and posing and fake arrogance.
And there's plenty of that in the "real" rally world too..

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
DirtyDave
DAVE
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
NONE

Re: Nevermind...
July 09, 2019 04:41PM
Not sure why the need for long winded responses? I'm just goofing off with Rally inspired mods to my street car and it doesn't seem to fit here. Realizing it was a mistake coming here. That is all.
No hurt feelings.
No harm done to your forum.
Nothing to hide. I had everything filled out but deleted everything. Pretend like I was never here, LOL.
Not sure why child molesters are brought up in my thread?
I'll see myself to the door.
RALLYRS
Mike Ball
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:

July 09, 2019 07:05PM
Yeah, I get what you’re saying John.

As far as Dave- he seems to be a decent guy. I’ve talked with him over the focus forums before....

But if he’s not feeling it here...that’s ok.

The Internet is a big place – plenty of other forums for him to frequent.

Post up Here:

and here:

Vincent Gagnon
The same thing that I just wrote
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Volvo 240

July 17, 2019 01:46PM
DirtyDave
I'm just goofing off with Rally inspired mods to my street car [...]
I'll see myself to the door.

Ask for work.
If they don't give you work, ask for bread.
If they do not give you work or bread, then take bread.

- Emma Goldman
globalassetmgmt
Infallible Moderator

October 02, 2019 08:19PM
Yeah, these were the first spacers I made. See my wealth management company in japan post on Focus Fanatics. I'll stay over there. This isn't the place for me.

Global Asset Management Security Economic security wealth management company tokyo and financial independence bring freedom to life. Tradition Experience the tradition of old fashioned values.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login