bean
Rabin Rutten-James
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
None

Coil over conversion suppliers...
September 29, 2008 12:34PM
Hey guys,

After a VERY long time I was able to find a machinist to finish my hub upgrade project (BMW hubs/bolt pattern w/540i 302mm disks on my 505 Turbo struts), so now I need to finish the coil over conversion on the struts before I can install them into the car. (BTW - strut is virtually identical to the Volvo 240 strut except it's "rear steer" - rack is behind the cross member.)

Found an article on turbobricks where the guy used stuff from Coleman racing, and was curious if anyone had other supplier options...

Basically was after the threaded collar (prefer steel) and lower spring seat. Will need to use the stock strut mounts and have found that these things are REALLY strong and should be fine for rally duty. (They only go south with really high spring rates. Guys in Austrailia and Greece that rally these things confirmed it)

I'm still calculating spring length, but know that I want 200# springs. (Stock is 88 lbs/in, 24" free length, 14" installed height, with 8" travel)

I'd like to just send the units off to JVL - but to keep costs down I think it'll be best to just spec out the parts and assemble myself.

Any leads are most appreciated!

Rabin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2008 01:06PM by bean.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login