Advanced

terratrip 303 wiring

Posted by Vorpal_Rally 
Vorpal_Rally
Stinkfinger Lipschitz
Ultra Moderator

terratrip 303 wiring
December 01, 2008 08:39PM
I picked up a secondhand 303 to use in my street car for course checks and such, (maybe a TSD).

Right now all I intend to do is to wire it into the existing speedometer ( I understand I can do that, I think)

Eventually I'll wire in the hall effect sensor and the Japanese speedo pickup, but that is for next summer when I have time and warm concrete to lay on.

My car is a 1999 Subaru Impreza Outback Sport with the 5 speed tranny. If anyone has any wisdom or insight they'd care to impart on me, I'd be most indebted.

Thanks

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
William Ralph Inge

TANSTAAFL
Please Login or Register to post a reply
mellow65
Oliver Klozoff
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Nada

Re: terratrip 303 wiring
December 09, 2008 06:24PM
the jap speedo pickup doesn't work for the subies, i have the universal inline speedo for my legacy. but you don't have a cable so you would either have to do the little box for the electronic speedo or build a bracket to mount the hall sensor to read something, drive line, front axle. there is someone that builds something to use stock ABS sensors, but you i'm sure aren't taking that out.

i think the best for you would to use the electronic speedo pick up. no moving parts to fail all electronic.

i have never used them so someone else will have to chime in on how to hook them up

"Rally racing makes a heroin addiction look like a vague craving for something salty"
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login