john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: EVO Project
April 13, 2006 01:10PM
Wassamatta U Moosie?
Get the check book ready, and maybe I can drag it down.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
gilbrock
Eli Gilbert
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
91 Galant, 02 WRX

April 13, 2006 03:17PM
Mustafa: If you end up buying the shell and don't need all the pieces, I am interested in the following stuff:

Custom carbon fiber hood and trunk lid
2 mounted race seats
manual clutch and dual master cylinder brake setup
custom steering setup with quick steering
sparco steering wheel with quick release
custom pin style jack stands
kevlar under body protection
2 rear glass windows
4 lexan side windows
roof scoop
Hydraulic hand brake
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

April 13, 2006 04:25PM
Hey, speaking of your checkbook. Did you see Aaron is relisting to sell his TRE built Evo III tranny. $700 less than he was asking originally I believe. It cost him $1300 + shipping just for the most recent rebuild!

TRE built EVO III tranny with 0 miles on $1,300 race rebuild. DSM final drive-no reason to swap out your rear ring and pinion. Double syncros on all 5 forward gears, new bellhousing,............ Only looking to recover cost of rebuild.

Must sell fast!!!
Located in Denver.

$1,300 obo.

Grant Hughes
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

April 13, 2006 06:09PM
Eli,

I have a bunch of stuff for the gaylant, let me get the stuff from Teeter, we'll horsetrade.

Grant,

I have two EVO3 transmissions and don't need a third one.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Rallies are no place for traitors
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

April 15, 2006 10:51AM
Grant,

Do me a favor and tell Aaron that I am offering him $1000 for the transmission delivered to RIM, if he wants to take the deal, I can be contacted here or by phone (602 332 6411).

I guess a third EVO transmission wouldn't hurt me.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

AaronJMcConnell
AaronJMcConnell
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru Impreza

April 17, 2006 11:40PM
Mustafa,

I left a message on your phone regarding the EVO III trans. It's worth a lot more than $1,000 bucks, but I'm rather desperate and need an excuse to come out to Rim anyway. Maybe you could fork a little more than a grand though. It's got 0 miles on a race rebuild by TRE-rebuild alone was over $1,300. Heavy duty syncros on all 5 forward gears, etc....................

Later,

Aaron McConnell
303 815-2355

rally cars:

-did a season of CHCA hillclimbs and one rally in an open class GSX

-slowly aquiring parts for a Sierra
gilbrock
Eli Gilbert
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
91 Galant, 02 WRX

April 18, 2006 11:17AM
Mustafa: I bought the FWD Galant and it's a bit banged up but will be a blast fixing. Let's chat at Rim and get the Galant party started!

Eli
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

April 18, 2006 12:55PM
We'll have some sort of a party at RIM anyways.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

gilbrock
Eli Gilbert
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
91 Galant, 02 WRX

April 18, 2006 09:30PM
So Mustafa, are you 100% on that shell in Oregon? I'm seeing some more bits on the photos that Eli likes! Steering wheel, seats, etc.

smiling smiley

Eli
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

April 18, 2006 11:50PM
I'm affraid the logistics will not work for me concerning the Teeter shell. I talked to him today and he said if I can't get it out of therethis weekend he will be selling it to some local guy. All I can say is bad timing, one week from RIM there is no way I can drive from Phoenix to Portland and back.

I'll see you at RIM

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

gilbrock
Eli Gilbert
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
91 Galant, 02 WRX

April 19, 2006 10:14AM
I hear ya...maybe he'll end up parting it out if the local yokel doesn't get it.

Eli
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

May 05, 2006 10:41PM
Last night the rear half cut got delivered to Brandon (Desert Motorsports) he already had the full shell for like 4 days. He has tons and tons of experience in building winning vehicles for Baja 1000, an all around nice guy and pickier than a Capricorn with OCD. I know he will do a good job.

Here is a conversation that took place ;

Brandon -- So what are your plans for a cage ?

Me -- None, this will be a strictly street going occasional recce car, I need something that gets a better gas mileage and will be easily manoeuvrable compared to the van, I want it to be low key, I am tired of getting pulled over by the cops who think there is a teenager behind the wheel. That's why I dont want to put a cage in it, we will only stitch weld and hang the DMS gravel suspenders and the Ralliart mudflaps. We will even leave the A/C in aswell as the radio.

Brandon -- Are you done ?

Me -- Yes.

Brandon -- STFU and stop lying to yourself and to me. You'll be back in 6 months wanting me to cage the damn car and I am not doing the same job twice so tell me what fucking cage you want me to put in this thing.

Me -- OK I wil bring you the rule book, drawings and pictures of cars. Wait, I have them here in the van.

Some people know me a little bit more than I feel comfortable with.

I can still call off the cage deal. Somebody please stop me.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2006 10:42PM by sagsert.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

May 08, 2006 08:45AM
I've driven in Phoenix. You could probably use the extra safety. Plus, now you'll have a spare car and can really wallop on the Galant at rallies and still be able to make it to the following event, even if you wad the car into tin foil.

Grant Hughes
sagsert
Mustafa Samli
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Gaylant VR4

May 08, 2006 11:17AM
Funny you should mention.

I was off yesterday (what a nice concept) and worked on the Galant a bit (like 6 hours).

As you may know I was having major issues with the engine management, I wasn't sure how badly the Russian Intervention has screwed up the management part of the harness. To make things a wee bit simpler and reliable, we have installed a MAF Translator and went to EVO VIII injectors on the engine. Upon checking the logged data, I was surprised to see that the injector cycle was going all the way up to 98% under heavy load. Obviously the injectors were too small. It was inevitable to go back to the 690 injectors. Unfortunately I ran out of 109 octane so I had to do a preliminary test using 92, even with that the injector duty cycle stayed in the 70 % range under load and logged very little knock in lower rpms. I think I will be able to trim the fuel up with the TRE/MASC to cure that once I do a few log sessions with 109. Since the Galant is running like a Swiss Watch (literally) If anything gets screwed up it will be Driver Error. I am still too damn lazy to replace the wiring harness. I have the new one sitting in the box it got shipped to me a year ago. I want to see how much the car improved at Gorman and Prescott then I think I will strip it down and replace the harness.

Both Mike The Codriver and I were kinda bored yesterday, there was nothing left to do on the Gaylant (or as he call it BitchYouHitMe), hence we ended up sitting in the garage looking at the car and drinking beer.

Cheers
M.Samli
Phoenix AZ
Gaylant VR4
EVO III GSR (Stolen)

NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

May 08, 2006 01:33PM
I got up and gave myself a dime sized blister scraping tar out of the bottom of the Merkur. Then Alissa and Mitch came and picked me up and we wandered downtown and met up with Genoveva for breakfast. Then Alissa, Mitch and I headed out towards the plains to scope out some potential stage roads around CORE, our testing facility. Stopped in at CORE to see what was going on. Only car out was broke and some friends out there on dirt bikes. Got out the shotgun, PK handgun, and AK47 and shot off every bit of ammo we had. Then went to check out one particular road about 4 miles away, which looked awesome, but was closed about a mile in (a sign said temporarily). Came back to town, went to some new store called Outdoor World and Mitch bought a new 45 cal Reuger handgun. Dropped off back home, ran to Target, then to bar, then back home and drank wine and watched Aqua Teen Hunger Force Volume 4 until 2am. All in all a nearly unproductive day.

Grant Hughes
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login