Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

Re: Painting a car
June 29, 2006 04:00PM
NoCoast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> For historical reference for why some people
> dislike him, search Mike Hurst here,

Yowzers! I did some quick searching and come to the conclusion that this is just another tool of the establishment, just to bring us down. tongue sticking out smiley And to think I have spent so many nights dreaming of the day I might be able to run my Galant in a UK rally with all their rain and mud. I guess I'll just have to be sure the curtains in my external, hamster caravan match and that I have my spare hamsters loaded uniformly for proper weight distribution.

All that leaves a bad taste in my mouth. People in the USA deciding to change rules because, "We're the USA, dammit." Pffft. Maybe some people hope that, by changing the rules to make a new game, something huge will happen. Hell. Look how popular "football" is over here! :shrug

In all seriousness, though, I do believe this thread was about painting a car. Just to throw another monkey wrench into the mix, has anyone ever considered painting their car with that Rhinolining or whatever it is they use in spray-on truck beds? It's *supposed* to have a textured finish, would reduce interior noise levels (I would suspect, even if only just), would hold up a bit better to run ins with the work of Roger, the Shrubber, and someone who worked at a dealership might be able to score a deal on a complete "paint" job.

Just a thought...

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

June 29, 2006 04:18PM
Heavy stuff.

I've seen a rally car or two with the floor plan rhino lined. I like the noise personally. I like rally cars that are loud and somewhat clunky for some reason. It makes them more endearing to me for some reason.

Grant Hughes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2006 04:19PM by NoCoast.
PAddy
Patrick McVeigh
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Student Loans

June 29, 2006 06:31PM
And what happens when you need to weld a patch onto the floorpan? You certainly can't do that with Rhino Lining on either side of the sheet, and it doesn't exactly come off easily...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login