Construction Zone
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Suspension Gurus, Junkyard help needed...

Posted by Mad Matt F 
Mad Matt F
Matt Follett
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Don't Laugh, the Justy is Fun!

Re: Suspension Gurus, Junkyard help needed...
September 12, 2011 11:28AM
Edward,

The diff is standard duty Subie stuff from the 80's. (the car is an 88), I think the same casting as a few others (GL, Loyal etc), although not sure... There were a few ratios for the Justy, we have the earlier, better (less fuel efficient) 3.7, there was another ratio 3.4 or something with the constant variable transmission cars, and I think it also was used in the next generation for a lower cruising RPM.

The car is pretty fun, light (er well kinda) at about 1900lbs ready to race. has no brakes and no motor, so it's hard to screw up...

Matt
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 12, 2011 12:21PM
Mad Matt F
Edward,

The diff is standard duty Subie stuff from the 80's. (the car is an 88), I think the same casting as a few others (GL, Loyal etc), although not sure... There were a few ratios for the Justy, we have the earlier, better (less fuel efficient) 3.7, there was another ratio 3.4 or something with the constant variable transmission cars, and I think it also was used in the next generation for a lower cruising RPM.

The car is pretty fun, light (er well kinda) at about 1900lbs ready to race. has no brakes and no motor, so it's hard to screw up...

Matt

1900 LBS!!! HOLY SHIT!!!!! That much!!!???
With that leeeeeeetle tiiiiiiiiiiiny itsy bitsy motor???
My mighty V4 is way overbuilt from the stock 1945 lbs and weighs 2015lbs and had a rip snorting 1965cc motor with 11.3 comp and BIG 44.5mm intakes and bad ass cam...and 5.45 final drive

And relatively speaking, big brakes.

You need moar motorz! And moar gearingz.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Mad Matt F
Matt Follett
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
Don't Laugh, the Justy is Fun!

September 12, 2011 12:54PM
Ah... well it was just over 1800 on the scales just after it was built the first time. Some stuff has been ripped out, some added. I'll have to weigh it I guess.

As for gearing with this beast, we do run dimes for wheels, so the massive 13" rally rubber helps keep the gearing, um, well somewhat lower. The car came with 12" wheels but try finding rally tires for that!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login