Advanced

Ford T-5 Bolt pattern dimesnions?

Posted by starion887 
starion887
starion887
Infallible Moderator

Ford T-5 Bolt pattern dimesnions?
September 16, 2006 10:11AM
Hard to beleive but I can't run this info down on the web anywhere. Does anyone have the dimensions of the Ford T-5 front bolt pattern (to the bell housing), including referenced dimenisons to the input shaft location and the input sleeve flange? Or would anyone be kind enough to run out the garage and make some accurate measurements? Let me know, and I'll get in touch via email of give you a fax number.

Thanks!
Mark B.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
alex buchka
Alex Buchka
Elite Moderator

Re: Ford T-5 Bolt pattern dimesnions?
September 22, 2006 10:02AM
I have also been looking for this information for a while. Any help from anyone would be appreciated.

_________

http://picasaweb.google.com/abuchka
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

September 22, 2006 11:14AM
alex buchka Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I have also been looking for this information for
> a while. Any help from anyone would be
> appreciated.
Hi Alex,
I made a tracing for Mark, but pay attention to what I've been blabbing about shifter location!!!!!
The 240s want the shifter box like on Camaro boxes so maybe the easiest is to go Camaro, eh???? At least you want the tailshaft housing from a Camaro (or a Cossie but its easier to find Camaros here in Fortress America).

And dude, go and add the voluntarily require stuff to your siggy, I know who you are but nobody else does.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
starion887
starion887
Infallible Moderator

September 26, 2006 11:33AM
Hey Alan,

I borrowed a T-5 Ford trannie housing and made some dimensions. They are accurate to about .25 to .5 mm. I can get a copy to you if you tell me where.

As for the shifter location, the Camaro location is 2 or 3 inches further back than the standard Ford Mustang's. And the S-10 T-5 shifter location is about 4-5" forward from the standard Ford location. Look at this page:

http://www.tbtrans.com/manual_transmission.htm

to see the shifter location differences. (The S10 picture is for a 4WD version and has a different tailshaft housing thatn for 2WD S-10's so don't be thrown by that.)

There are alot more Ford units floating around than Camaro, and more S-10 than Camaro too. I am trying to figure out what prats can swap into what cases.....for me, an S-10 shifter location but later Ford gears with a tighter OD gear set would be ideal.

Regards,
Mark B.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login