Posted by NoCoast 
Doivi Clarkinen
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1980 Opel Ascona B

Re: DMS suspension
November 12, 2011 02:43AM
"To our knowledge, DMS / MSI is the only company to offer warranty on their products if you use them in competition?"

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA AHA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Doivi Clarkinen
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1980 Opel Ascona B

November 12, 2011 02:45AM
john vanlandingham
Do It Sidewayz
Just stumbled upon this today.

2012 New DMS

That's so pretty....

There was something at the bottom "To our knowledge, DMS / MSI is the only company to offer warranty on their products if you use them in competition?"

Jeeebus what am I trying to fix and improve you galoots crashed stuff for.

Somebody wanys to break their hearts and tell 'em somebody else offers a Warranty.

Offer mind you.

I!

DMS can offer a warranty all they want. Doesn't mean that they'll honor it.
HiTempguy
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

November 12, 2011 08:52AM
john vanlandingham

I'm tired and don't want to argue especially when you post things so slanted purposely.

John, I am not trying to be against you on this.

From what I've seen/heard from your own posts on this board, even your Subie suspension needs some development. Is that true or not? If not, my apologies, but it appeared there were some recent issues with the bent ears (and someone else was having another undiagnosed problem that seemed to have not been solved yet).

http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/read.php?5,49833,page=5

You are absolutely right about Tony, but presumably his cost to ship to and from you would be the same as my own if I were to buy a set of struts from you, which is information I would need before buying a set (I am in need of a spare set afterall). Everyone and their mother does DMS around here, I'd say mainly due to Pat R. selling them on it.

So yea...
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 12, 2011 11:25AM
john vanlandingham

I'm tired and don't want to argue especially when you post things so slanted purposely.

John, I am not trying to be against you on this.

From what I've seen/heard from your own posts on this board, even your Subie suspension needs some development. Is that true or not?

You say you're not trying to be "against" me BUT! the phrasing you use, evidently completely unconsciously, seems at every turn to be selectively critical, and a broad allusion.

Look "Even your Subaru suspension needs some development"

To me that is a very strange reading and a typical "Forum guy" type of broad, vague allusion....

and a poor reading of the details and the intention of a thread.

And since you brought that up----and can't seem to "get it" I
Started a thread after I got calls from a 3rd guy who had reported BENT REAR EARS and not as we'd expect from impact damage.

(I am highlighting and emphasising the main points since obviously you have skimmed the thread superficially---not surprising since you aren't involved---and seem to miss intentions---and miss even direct questions.)

Since I got the reports of bent ears and seeing that they were bent FORWARD, and since the poor guys all had gotten ears out of the latest batch of ears from the same steel sheet---and nobody from 03 till then had reported ANY problems with bent ears-----it was ALARMING, so I called everybody I could think of who had my Subie stuff and asked them to look.

I have no idea what you do for work, and what YOU do when problems appear, but I have to try very hard to find if there was a materials problem or what---since the same things had worked SURPRISINGLY WELL for YEARS or what.

You use a "shotgun" phrase,
"Even your Subaru suspension needs some development" and maybe your intention wasn't but what you have just said is (This is how language works) EVERYTHING YOU DO, eeeeeven your Subaru........."

If not, my apologies, but it appeared there were some recent issues with the bent ears (and someone else was having another undiagnosed problem that seemed to have not been solved yet).

Many people never slow down and think about language, how saying one thing implies the negation of all other things, the selectivity of readers, the sloppiness of expressions which sloppy readers, and especially people who define their lives by looking for offense, but even your apologies are 'damning with faint praise".

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/12/2011 11:30AM by john vanlandingham.
Jon Burke
Jon Burke
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru w/<1000 crashes

November 12, 2011 05:23PM
john vanlandingham
Jon Burke
john vanlandingham
Jon Burke
these are 40mm, but maybe contact them and see if they have 50mm?

http://www.compbrake.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=544&catId=0

They don't.
And if they did, what sort of logic would it be to order them there for much more than they cost here, and pay the postage on steel from UK instead of a little UPS domestic?

What kind of logic? Wellll, shit.....I dunno.....no one's posted anything yet that answer's Grant's question of 'how much to replace'. So I got nuthin' to compare that 159 pounds sterling against.

your post insinuate's that you have a cheaper source, but you haven't posted any factual pricing yet. Come on John, you're a better sales guy than that....school us on your product's ROI winking smiley (you've got the competitive FUD down perfect though.)

So, just how much cheaper?

My post insinuate's? Is there a possessive case for 'insinuates'?
I speak many languages, and I can't even remember how many I read, but I can't understand what you are attempting to convey.
Nor do I understand the abbreviation FUD.

I guess you fail at communication.

Anybody who troubles themselves to call can get individual parts prices and obviously many do call.

Struggling hard I have a vague idea they you're wondering about where I might have a "source" for tubes...

Let me be clear: uhhhh..............duh. Maybe downstairs in the bin with I dunno 24-26 new tubes. Ya know? Like I make this stuff. You know?
m-a-n-f-a-c-t-u-r-e, you might have heard of it....It a mystical skill some people used to do more frequently, now its almost unheard of. I make both 40 AND 50mm stuff. This week I've spent about 18 hours at either lathe or mill or CNC lathe...(those are what we in the "trade" call machines. They're really amazing things and a skilled person can make all kinds of things not 1 in 1000 can.)

just giving you shit john...jeeze relax. and did you REALLY just correct me on a typo? fuck me.....

Fear
Uncertainty
Doubt
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 12, 2011 06:41PM
Jon Burke
john vanlandingham
Jon Burke
john vanlandingham
Jon Burke
these are 40mm, but maybe contact them and see if they have 50mm?

http://www.compbrake.co.uk/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=544&catId=0

They don't.
And if they did, what sort of logic would it be to order them there for much more than they cost here, and pay the postage on steel from UK instead of a little UPS domestic?

What kind of logic? Wellll, shit.....I dunno.....no one's posted anything yet that answer's Grant's question of 'how much to replace'. So I got nuthin' to compare that 159 pounds sterling against.

your post insinuate's that you have a cheaper source, but you haven't posted any factual pricing yet. Come on John, you're a better sales guy than that....school us on your product's ROI winking smiley (you've got the competitive FUD down perfect though.)

So, just how much cheaper?

My post insinuate's? Is there a possessive case for 'insinuates'?
I speak many languages, and I can't even remember how many I read, but I can't understand what you are attempting to convey.
Nor do I understand the abbreviation FUD.

I guess you fail at communication.

Anybody who troubles themselves to call can get individual parts prices and obviously many do call.

Struggling hard I have a vague idea they you're wondering about where I might have a "source" for tubes...

Let me be clear: uhhhh..............duh. Maybe downstairs in the bin with I dunno 24-26 new tubes. Ya know? Like I make this stuff. You know?
m-a-n-f-a-c-t-u-r-e, you might have heard of it....It a mystical skill some people used to do more frequently, now its almost unheard of. I make both 40 AND 50mm stuff. This week I've spent about 18 hours at either lathe or mill or CNC lathe...(those are what we in the "trade" call machines. They're really amazing things and a skilled person can make all kinds of things not 1 in 1000 can.)

just giving you shit john...jeeze relax. and did you REALLY just correct me on a typo? fuck me.....

Fear
Uncertainty
Doubt

Maybe you think giving somebody shit for no good reason is funny. When I flip a little shit I make sure it IS funny so that people know its funny.
I must have missed what was surprising, or ironic or juxtaposed

Here is some sorely needed info on humor:

Humour can be verbal, visual, or physical. Nonverbal forms of communication - for example, music or art - can also be humorous.
Root components

* Being reflective of or imitative of reality
* Surprise/misdirection, contradiction/paradox, ambiguity.

Methods

* Farce
* Reframing
* Hyperbole
* Metaphor
* Timing

Behaviour, place and size

Rowan Atkinson explains in his lecture in the documentary "Funny Business"[15] that an object or a person can become funny in three different ways. They are:

* By behaving in an unusual way
* By being in an unusual place
* By being the wrong size

Most sight gags fit into one or more of these categories.
Exaggeration
Main article: Exaggeration#Humour

'Some theoreticians of the comic consider exaggeration to be a universal comic device'.[16] It may take different forms in different genres, but all rely on the fact that 'the easiest way to make things laughable is to exaggerate to the point of absurdity their salient traits'.[17]
Humour and culture

Different cultures have different expectations of humour so comedy shows are not always successful when transplanted into another culture. Two well-known sayings in Britain are "Americans don't do irony" and Germans have no sense of humour. Whether these sayings have any validity has been discussed on a BBC webpage.[18]
See also

* Gelotology, the study of laughing and laughter
* List of humorists
* Theories of humor

For my part I'll go back and see what I missed in the statement
"your post insinuate's that you have a cheaper source, but you haven't posted any factual pricing yet. "

I'll analyze it in the broadest possible sense and report back when I have discovered what I missed that is humorous.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
KTurner
Kevin Turner
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
2wd Impreza... dude you should do an sti swap

November 12, 2011 07:14PM
john vanlandingham
What are we doing about your rears? My brain is overloaded and you gotta remind me.

We might have to figure this one out together. I'm not sure either. Will give you call this week. Haven't even looked at the car since Black River; washed it and parked it. I need to pull the rears off and take a look but BRS was much slower than NEFR or STPR but with bigger jumps thumbs up smiley
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 12, 2011 07:53PM
KTurner
john vanlandingham
What are we doing about your rears? My brain is overloaded and you gotta remind me.

We might have to figure this one out together. I'm not sure either. Will give you call this week. Haven't even looked at the car since Black River; washed it and parked it. I need to pull the rears off and take a look but BRS was much slower than NEFR or STPR but with bigger jumps thumbs up smiley

OK man. You saw I got some 4130 to make replacement ears...

It'd be real good if you check sooner rather than later specially since I'm in suspenders mode and am redoing some and doing season end rebuilds on others.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
SteelSolutions
William Timmins
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
3 xr4ti/74 capri/02 bug eye

November 13, 2011 02:14AM
(DMS and MSI) that makes me laugh thats all I got smiling smiley
fliz
Chad Eixenberger
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1988 VW Golf #687

November 14, 2011 05:00PM
Do It Sidewayz

2012 New DMS

Is anybody else using aluminum ears?
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

November 14, 2011 11:30PM
They should've gone for carbon fiber ears, because carbon fiber is hard to damage.
Gravity Fed
Alex Staidle
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Various Heaps

November 14, 2011 11:49PM
i wonder hom much titanium-scandium alloy would cost...
Tim Taylor
Tim Taylor
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Mazda 323 GTX

November 15, 2011 11:59AM
Gravity Fed
i wonder hom much titanium-scandium alloy would cost...

About a bazillion dollars because scandium is an interstitial hardener for aluminum not titanium winking smiley
Nubby
Tony Wells
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
SP Evo IX #112

November 15, 2011 12:20PM
fliz
Do It Sidewayz

2012 New DMS

Is anybody else using aluminum ears?

The BOS CR60 use an aluminum body:

http://www.bos-engineering.com/english/cr60.html

The CR60 differs appreciably from the CR50. No damper in our range as ever been so close to the true factory dampers we make for factory teams. Actually, it features our famous CAS system which accelerates the rebound when the wheels are not in contact with the ground, in order to recover the grip faster. On the front, the struts feature a moving bushes system, and the grease is replaced by an oil bath. The struts also receives an aluminum clevis.
The CR 60 features also an adjustable hydraulic bumpstop and a rebound bump stop ! Such a debauchery of high technology had never been seen previously on any damper on the market.
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

November 15, 2011 01:46PM
john vanlandingham

With that in mind,
Alex in Reno, your bent ears are off and the tube is ready to get new CrMo ears welded on.

Boys, service these things now and then and do something, a tight fitting O ring, a bicycle inner tube stretched over the top of the lower seat and the tube, SOME THINg to minimize the dirt getting under the spring seat.

i'm thinking bike tubes.. Jeana's dad used to own a bike shop and , that shop usually hooks us up for mountain bike stuff. i'm sure we can get some used tubes from them.

Also i have some dirt bags. i lost the one on that corner and created a make shift one, but it got torn off. ya i need to do a full strut clean up, maybe sunday when i'm on a long meeting/ call thingie dottle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login