NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: K-sport "Gravel" Coilovers
November 18, 2012 05:16PM
DaveK
Testing is cheap and rallies cost real money (and days away from work)...

Says the guy who just took two weeks off from work for 15 laps at Buttonwillow... Oh yeah, you also went to SEMA which is where EVERYONE goes to find the next big sponsor.

Grant Hughes
Please Login or Register to post a reply
DaveK
Dave Kern
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Compact M3 & Evo IX

November 18, 2012 05:48PM
NoCoast
DaveK
Testing is cheap and rallies cost real money (and days away from work)...

Says the guy who just took two weeks off from work for 15 laps at Buttonwillow... Oh yeah, you also went to SEMA which is where EVERYONE goes to find the next big sponsor.

Ahh, touche! Unfortunately its all about timing. I did ask about Seed 9 and you told me I wasn't allowed. Unfortunately December - April is damn near impossible to get out of town and I'm working nearly every weekend from mid-December thru the end of February.

Besides...when was the last time a privateer went to a rally and went home with a check for 2x the entry fee? winking smiley

Dave
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

November 18, 2012 05:56PM
Ha. I know you're excuses but I can still give you some shit. smiling smiley

Grant Hughes
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 18, 2012 06:13PM
NoCoast
K-Sport get a bonus by volume. They are probably marketing towards rallycross guys/retailers and they have the benefit of being able to have product on the shelf.

Speaking of, we should talk about a few sets of BMW stuff and see if we can work something out. We have four cars sitting at the shop, one Compact that should be getting a deposit for the cage in the next week or two, another that is mine that is going to get a cage and will then be listed for sale. Would be cool to be able to sell struts to go on them.
Had a chance to look at rear E36 multi-link stuff? I know Dave did plenty of testing for the Compact with the STA rear but the sedan and coupe have a multi-link setup.

Sure Grant, I made a heft jig so I could do repeatable BMW stuffs, and it appears that that front fixing thing they use is dimensionally same-oh-same oh. from one to the other car, so we can do more. On the back I have looked at any Beeee Em but not with 'evil intent'. I do know one thing tho and I would not use cast iron shit shaped the way some of those things are. Whatever, you've decided to do it, your choice.
So an OAL and how they're mounted would be helpful..

Did your insert arrive?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login