Posted by Graminal95 
Graminal95
Graham Cullen
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1973 Saab V4

It must be all JVL's Fault.........Wink wink
May 05, 2007 06:45PM
So my Saab 96 rally car is dead as of yesterday. I fired the engine up after putting in a new cam, cam bearings, lifters, and rockers. It ran wonderful for say 30 minutes total. I heard a lot of tap tap tap from the rockers and just for the hell of it primed the oil system to make sure oil was getting up where it should be. NOPE… what the fuck, no oil again? Damn it I don’t have the money to keep up with this damn car. Well I talked to JVL like I have been just about everyday now and it seems that I have turned his beautiful saab v4 rally engine to shit. First off the machine shop screwed up with the cam bearing in the first place and that’s what first ate up my rockers and cam. Then Appppperently I can’t let a new engine sit for a few years in the yard and then fire it up and run it like it wants to be. Since I am an American male in my mid twenties I guess I have to pass the blame somewhere soooo damn you john see what you made me doooo. Soooo there…… Na Na Na

Soooooooo it looks like I have to replace all the bearing in the engine and clean all the oil passages so they are sparkling clean. I guess all of you slowly getting their cars together take it from me, go out and run your engine every few weeks so you don’t get rust in all your oil passages and kill your bearings.

Soon though “Graham’s Folly” (thanks for the great name John,) will run again.

And thats my rant and I am sticking to it.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login