Posted by Kristof 
danster
Haggis Muncher
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

Re: VW MK2 GTI suspension upgrade/questions
November 26, 2013 04:10PM
Yeah, it was sunny, but that was because there was no cloud cover during the night meaning muchos coldness. Look at the frozen grass. It was so cold my hands just about froze to the metal of the racks when I picked them up!! sad smiley
I had hoped to be able to just say knock out a couple of spacers with a 23mm ID and 33mm OD to whatever width you want, but it is not quite as simple as that. angry smiley

Take the PAS rack for instance. One side of the rack bar diameter is 22mm, while the other is 23mm, but one side has flats machined on rack bar right where the spacer would sit, making a simple C clip style component unworkable as it more than likely won't locate properly over the flats.
Maybe a full round spacer with grub screw would work better for this type? eye rolling smiley

The manual racks will require a different design with a larger OD as they have to butt against the outer rack case.

Look at the pics and ask for any specific dimensions you would like to know and I'll check em..

Note that all my racks are RHD which hopefully would be dimensionally opposite of the LHD, but I can't say that for sure.

TBH it would probably be a better plan and soooo much easier to sell all our VW junk and buy brand new Fiesta rallyracing cars..... They are perfect straight out the box. Then we will all be champions and insanely rich with our profesional rally driver contracts, multiple sponsorship endorsements, not forgetting numerous rich females throwing themselves at us for being so damn amazing.
* I really don't know why I haven't done this sooner instead of freezing my ass off in my shed measuring old VW sheit. *

* (Athough I suspect when sober that reality may be slightly different.)

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login