Posted by NoCoast 
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: BMW Chumpcar
April 29, 2013 08:10PM
I embrace the must remain stock rule. Sure, we can't get creative, but we don't need to to win and there is no advantage to those with more time, money, and resources.
By the 20th lap we had already surpassed the performance of most merkurs that have triedChump/Lemons racing.

Grant Hughes
Please Login or Register to post a reply
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

April 29, 2013 09:52PM
NoCoast
I embrace the must remain stock rule. Sure, we can't get creative, but we don't need to to win and there is no advantage to those with more time, money, and resources.
By the 20th lap we had already surpassed the performance of most merkurs that have triedChump/Lemons racing.

That's because U R CHEATURZZZZZZZZZZ running E36s made of Cheatonium.

winking smiley

How many teams were running? We finished 14th of 70 something cars in our XR4's debut event last May. We tried too hard second time around, were as high at 13th of 120 something, then the oil started disappearing and the drivers got red misty and the black flags started showing up. For our event next week, our plan is "Fly Casual" with the Merkurian Falcon.

There aren't any Chump events nearby us in New England, and our budget is pretty much two events a year, so we'll do the two LeMons events that are 25 minutes from a team member's house! That and I like the LeMons rules, they're only about 3 pages long, I can figure them out even after a PBR bender. My printer said PC LOAD LETTER when I tried to print the Chumpcar rules, then I had to give Mitt Romney $35 for a case of paper from Staples. smoking smiley

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2013 09:54PM by fiasco.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

April 29, 2013 10:09PM
Whoa! It finished! I was just giving you a hard time. Never looked into lemons much. I read Dave's Miata build and TIM's z600 one and realized I lack the resources to build a competitive car. All the e36 models have to remain stock and I don't have to do a buncha book cooking and can stick to cooking the bird instead. Of course, if my two local events were lemons, I might reconsider. End of the day, where can I get seat time, minimize car working time, spend least money, and be away from wife and daughter and have a shit load of fun?

Grant Hughes
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

April 29, 2013 10:40PM
NoCoast
Whoa! It finished! I was just giving you a hard time. Never looked into lemons much. I read Dave's Miata build and TIM's z600 one and realized I lack the resources to build a competitive car. All the e36 models have to remain stock and I don't have to do a buncha book cooking and can stick to cooking the bird instead. Of course, if my two local events were lemons, I might reconsider. End of the day, where can I get seat time, minimize car working time, spend least money, and be away from wife and daughter and have a shit load of fun?

I think both series are fun, I just have to poke a little fun at Chump because they go a little SCCAish for me. I'm sure the Chump guys say that Jay and Phil just want to pick on the fast cars and want a parade of 1976 Chrysler New Yorkers for LeMons events. Chump is racing with some Burning Man, LeMons is motorized Burning Man with some racing. They're both fun.

Last year at NH, it was a Honda BLEEPING Accord that took the win on laps (with a crew that probably had 10,000 laps of previous practice on the NHMS road course). Some of the outrageous LeMons builds you see are there for the sake of being outrageous. I'm semi-determined to prove that this stupid XR4 we have can take an event on laps, but at the end of the day, getting three hours of seat time and enjoying the company of friends is more fun than killing myself and being miserable for $500 in nickels.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
Doivi Clarkinen
Banned
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1980 Opel Ascona B

April 30, 2013 03:47AM
john vanlandingham

MAYBE, just MAYBE radial mount calipers--which I just happen to have a convenient set of here, MIGHT be made to work... But the spacing is so wide for the caliper lugs....grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Radial mount calipers work great.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login