John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Another Satisfied Death Ray Customer
June 27, 2007 11:03AM
Saabfarm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hey Josh, I've still got the death ray here in PA.
> I was about to send it back to John but if he
> dosent mind I'll route it to you first. The only
> difficult part was haggling with the airgas people
> to give me a commercial account which took about a
> week for them to process. Once I had the account
> setup their customer service was great.
>
>

Hey, Luke, send the Death Ray down to Josh, he's an old trusted customer, in fact he's my second non Xratty suspension customer. I appreciated his trust in ordering from me at such an early stage of production and have been following his good results since

But do this also. Check your records at your Airgas and see if you can recall who you talked to so if they're knuckleheads when Josh talks his local place about doing a commercial account,he can say "call this branch, they know what we're doing with this...."

I say this cause one poor guy got all sorts of bother even though he already had an account,so I asked my place why the hassle with Liquid N.
The said that FDA was worried about people using it to burn warts off and some other naughty use so some branches might be wary about renting the stuff.
He had no problems renting me the stuff cause I had told him what I was doing it for.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Saabfarm
Luke Sørensen
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
SAAB 99

June 27, 2007 12:51PM
I was very up front with airgas about what I wanted to do with it. I had some local professional references from other airgas account holders that I put on the application form. That may or may not have helped. I'll try to dig up the number of the guy i talked to that was very helpful. Even the delivery guy sat in my barn for a while and we talked, I showed him the death ray and he thought it was a very cool application for the stuff.
Josh showed me your suspension setup firsthand, its very stout looking stuff.
Josh Wimpey
Josh Wimpey
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Sneak the Golf

June 27, 2007 02:30PM
Luke, give me a call sevenothree371fivezero84 or send me an email at quantumrallysport at gmail

I assume we will see you at West Virginia in 5 weeks?

John, the SooperBitchin suspenders have been working quite nicely as you can see from our results thus far. Now for a little bit O'horsepower and some weight reduction.....(insert scary laugh)

I think that DeltaV Motorsports (the shop helping out with prep and sotrage of the car) already has an AirGas account so we shouldn't have too much trouble getting the stuff delivered.

____________________________________________________________-

One. Class -- 2WD

www.quantumrallysport.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Quantum-Rally-Sport/281129179600?ref=nf
Geoff
Geoff
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
SAAB

June 28, 2007 03:56PM
Wow John, what about Luke's work prompted you to open fire on other people? Sure, maybe some of them deserve it (names withheld, you know who they are) but what is wrong with speaking the truth? Its interesting to here your take on things and a little scary to think that you have been harping on them for so long. However, as in most cases there is more then one side to the story.

I've met you twice. The first time was at Maine Forest Rally 2000. It was my first full event at my first service. I had bought my car a few months prior, built, sorted, and reliable from the original builder/driver. I spent what time and money I had making sure the car complied to the rules and had the necessary safety equipment before I ran the event. You accosted me at the first service of my first rally, telling me I had to re-wire my car because the wires used for the driving lights were too small. I tried to explain that I had just bought the car, knew enough about wiring to know that 14g wasn't sufficient for 100w driving lights but hadn't replaced it yet because there were no plans for night stages at that rally (just one ending at dusk), and that the whole car had been fully re-wired and actually has very reliable wiring. But by the time I started to get that thought out you were already talking about some other topic. You carried on about how I shouldn't buy tires (I was running well-used tires at the event with maybe 1/4" tread depth) and that I should spend my money on coffee instead. I let you talk and tell me a lot of interesting things but your timing wasn't right. My friends were helping service the car and I was elsewhere listening to you talk, not a really nice way to treat people who are helping you out. It wasn't a good time to have the conversation anyway because I was focused on the event, not changes I could make to the car, other cars to scavenge parts from, part numbers, etc. And for the record the car has NEVER had a problem with the self adjustment on the front calipers, I don’t know what you’re talking about. The car has a hydraulic rear handbrake, no brake cables to the front, and the stock e-brake mechanism in the calipers has been rendered inoperative. You might have known that if you'd looked at the car instead of just telling me what I should do.

The second time I met you was in that junkyard. You told me again about why I shouldn't buy tires and should spend the money on coffee instead. You mentioned some brakes that would fit the car but, again, I didn't have a pen and paper and you jumped to another subject and the information was lost. I was happy enough with the brakes on the car at the time because it was underpowered and I exercise the Eric Carlsson driving method, "You can never lift!" I use stock pads and haven't even upgraded to a better pad with more bite, so finding other brakes wasn't a priority. You also talked all about trying to make some steering rack from a Korean car fit because it has a quicker ratio rack (2.3:1?). I don't need to go though that setup since my car already has a 1.6:1 power steering setup, which you would have known if I could have got a word in. Plus I’d be skeptical about putting a cheap Korean part into a rally car if the work and cost was similar to what it took to put in the robust system that I have.

Some people say I "have a lot of energy" but you make me look like Terry Schiavo. All I ask is that if you want to give someone advice, find out what they're doing first, give them a chance to speak, and be open to their ideas and methods. You act as if you know everything there is to know about prepping a car and that your way of doing it is the only way it can and should be done. While I know that you are very knowledgeable and know much more that I do, opening up to other's methods might broaden your experience and gain you some trust from potential customers. Creativity and development increases the more people put their thoughts and experience together. I take your experience seriously, but I also don't want it shoved down my throat. I don’t feel like listening to people who just want to hear themselves talk.

>> Only problem is here we require names and locations, and won't tolerate defamation,and lies intended to be believed

> What fucktards.

> the driver some slime-ball Masshole punk

Maybe you should practice what you preach.
Josh Wimpey
Josh Wimpey
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Sneak the Golf

July 20, 2007 09:54AM
Who's next, this thing is sitting in my basement packed up ready to ship.

Where should I ship it to?

John---you get my message? got an address?

BTW, it worked great. Added bonus, it was like 95degrees out so the liquid nitrogen was nice to help cool things off a bit where we were working. You can even use it to rapidly cool off your drink that has been sitting getting warm on the workbench for the past hour...

____________________________________________________________-

One. Class -- 2WD

www.quantumrallysport.com

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/pages/Quantum-Rally-Sport/281129179600?ref=nf
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login