Greg Donovan
Greg Donovan
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
95 Impreza Sedan

Re: Opinions on Map Lights?
September 01, 2013 06:01PM
Which style of those 3?

Looks like the automatic reset ones can be interchanged with standard automotive fuses.

I definitely need some education on converting to breakers.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
rockrammer
James Riley
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 WRX

September 05, 2013 07:20PM
I had flexable incandescent type ( with fuse) wired into the system. I thought it sucked. my easy solution was to buy a cheap LED flash light with a large button in the back. I taped a clear red turn light repair tape over it ( b/c it was really bright) and then taped it to the flexable tube that was already in place. It was a cheap last minute fix and it worked like a charm. Definatley using it as is for the next rally. LED's don't sap much power out of the AA battery and I don't have to worry about some fragile fuse getting accidently knocked around and total cost of my set up was $10. We also carried a head lamp just incase.
wvonkessler
Wilson von Kessler
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Colts are in Finland; now '87 325i, '89 325i

September 05, 2013 08:15PM
Ordered a bunch of these for the E30 (manual reset act) but have never installed the because we've never moved the fuse box to a codriver accessible location. I guess we'll use them on the new compact. Cool stuff, and not too expensive.

john vanlandingham
Greg Donovan
john vanlandingham
Rallymech
If a fuse blows there is another problem.

That IS whi I use breakers. But some use fuses...
What type of breaker do you advise be used?

Small, inexpensive ones. The ones i got I got back in the early 1980s from the beloved and long lamented Boeing surplus..for pennies.

Ya know, this is YET another area that there's a coolio idea and then ya get a buncha galoots saying (prancing and mincing it up like this: but say OOOh well I use circuit breakers dontch know OoooooOOOO!"

So a guy could get these for $4 each

http://www.waytekwire.com/wps/portal/en/products?pSearch=circuit%20breaker&psType=P&pg=8

But if you think of it this is yet another area to piss away $40-60 for what the miserable old fuse does...and an increase in price of well orders of magnitude. One trip to the junk yard and you can fill a shoe box with fuses for nuthin...

But, circuit breakers are cooooool..

And gotta say it:
In before "If you can't afford $60 for circuit breakers, you can't afford to rally."

"Talk about drugs. Driving a car like that, going that fast, it’s like all the drugs at once." - Tommy Byrne

"Now, Pinky, if by any chance you are captured during this mission, remember you are Gunther Heindriksen from Appenzell. You moved to Grindelwald to drive the cog train to Murren. Can you repeat that?" - The Brain
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login