Advanced

Volvo 242 (2 cars + parts)

Posted by Jack Bensley 
Jack Bensley
Jack Bensley
Senior Moderator

Volvo 242 (2 cars + parts)
September 06, 2014 01:23PM
Ok, it's an asshat move having my first post be a for sale ad.. Been lurking here awhile and am therefore prepared for the retribution.

The back story: long time TSD rallyists (first in a 1970 144s and then the doomed 1981 242 GLT) were hatching plans to turn their car into a stage car. An off at Totem rally led to acquisition of a good 242 turbo car.

Time and the purchase of a mk2 GTI mean that we're more likely to build the VW than do anything with the Volvos.

Knowing Johns love of the old brick (John, we've met awhile back at Thunderbird and maybe Totem too, while we were driving the old 144s), thought we'd try and see our Volvo rally dreams fulfilled through a new owner.

Here's the goods:

Up for sale my Volvo 242 collection.
It starts with my now wrecked Silver 1981 Volvo 242 GLT with the infamous 2.3 liter engine, 21 mm sway bars, limited slip diff and 4spd with overdrive. I recently rolled this car and unfortunately bent the front passenger frame on a rock while doing so. Before this the car was in fantastic shape and a daily driver. This car has a brand new IPD exhaust (dented pipe now), a grey interior in great condition, wagon rear springs and many other usable parts. Since the roll I cannot get the car to run on its own. It has spark, compression and will run on starter fuel. There is fuel to the injection so I believe something has plugged or jammed within it. The car has three Hakkapeliitta studded winters on steel wheels. The car is registered to me and has a clean title. Want to see the role causing the damage? Go here

Asking $1000

Second is a Silver 242 Turbo (nearly complete) with a very decent body. There is some rust around the drivers rear wheel well, but the butt cheeks and rockers are surprisingly rust free. This car is currently not running due to some wiring issues and the previous owner removed the injection and ignition. The car is lowered, has a 4spd with overdrive and a blue interior in good condition (minus a dash). There is an interior and trunk full of parts to put the car back together as well as some extras. This car is registered to me and with a clean title. Asking $1000
Also for sale is a brand new still in the box IPD aluminum skid plate Asking $100
A third engine which is a 2.1 turbo from an 83 wagon with good compression and most related parts such as intercooler, oil cooler and other bits. Asking $400
A rear diff from an 83 wagon. Asking $150
4 Virgo wheels with nearly new all-season tires. Asking $400
2 Virgo wheels with nearly new studded Hakkapeliitta. Asking $200
Many other parts such as suspension, struts, steering rack and other bits.
Take it all for $2000 OBO

pics at http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/cto/4655403927.html
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login