Advanced

VW ABF complete conversion packages!

Posted by ElectroTech 
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: VW ABF complete conversion packages!
May 24, 2016 09:25AM
danster
john vanlandingham
There the fact ya get every nut bolt bracket etc when you get a motor lifted right out but otherwise wot da fuq?

Pay muchos dollars to ship a heavy engine of unknown status thousands of miles.
Rear engine mount = Bin as no use in mk1 or mk2
Front engine mount = Bin as no use in mk1 or mk2
ABFs usually have huge combined aircon / alternator / pas bracket with tensioner system = Bin and fit basic alternator bracket assembly.
Alloy sump = Bin and fit steel sump (careful to check sufficient oil pick up pipe clearance)
Spend hours stripping out often damaged engine loom from lighting loom, and hope you get coded immob box and key. Or source an immob system from another car and tell it to read new ecu code.
All that whilst you hope you actually got a decent engine with no gummed up rings, scored crank journals, worn out big end shells, and loose exhaust valve guides etc etc.

Or just buy the actual components you need to build a clone and know the engine is sound.

Uh yeah.

I just build 'em from parts ..Just finishing second since this year Ford Lima turbo last and stripped down No3, and I have a Opel thing going in the satnds as soon as there's a free one...

I think I'm supposed to be doing a 2,0 16v VW.... The guy was talking ship his parts but that'd be a bit more than buy a core-motor down the hill a mile and a half and faster too,

Very few Merikuhns do mechanical work now... so building an engine is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy past most people's conception..
So if you do they have to hate you.

Remind me--was I supposed to hate you for something?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
danster
Haggis Muncher
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

May 24, 2016 09:55AM
john vanlandingham
Very few Merikuhns do mechanical work now... so building an engine is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyy past most people's conception..
So if you do they have to hate you.

Remind me--was I supposed to hate you for something?

You can hate me for hating that so many fookin Merikunhs didn't buy their kids Lego or Meccano to play with so they would grow up having some practical skills and a feckin clue of how to be self sufficient...

I've got shed loads of "desirable" Euro VW shit...how can global commerce work when one of the largest potential consumers for my product in the world is inhabited by people that can barely tie their shoelaces, let alone bolt a few components together!
We're doomed I tell thee...

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass
danster
Haggis Muncher
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
VWs (for my sins)

July 06, 2016 09:49AM
Update:
Due to the ongoing events in the Un-United Kingdom caused by some idiotic politicians, shocking news media and the resultant uninformed electorate... Citizens in other parts of the world can now enjoy enhanced purchasing powers against sterling when procuring VW shite luxurious high quality German engineering products from my shed.

Disappointingly not yet a Jackass

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2016 10:05AM by danster.
ElectroTech
Steve Wheeler
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
1992 Golf

July 06, 2016 12:00PM
Towona (Tony Penney) on here is searching for an ABF inlet manifold fully dressed with fuel rail and throttle body?...

Power means nothing if you cannot control it!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login