Advanced

Group Buy: Revolution Wheels

Posted by dreamsofjvl 
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Senior Moderator

Group Buy: Revolution Wheels
October 14, 2016 01:23PM
For my Canadian peeps smiling smiley This would be a great deal for the 'mericans on this site, but I dont have a way to get them to you.

Looking to get a group buy going from Revolution Wheels in the UK http://www.revolutionwheels.com/

This company specializes in 15" rims for rallying that clear 4pot/2pot on Subarus, however, I thought I'd open the floor to other rims as the more we can get going, the cheaper things are! They make a lot of sexy rally-inspired designs that would be great for winter rims, and as an added bonus, their prices are really good! Rims are flow-formed with dual stage heat treating, these are not your mom's rotas! Yes, the rims are made in China, that is fairly difficult to avoid nowadays, but let me tell you, they do not break under the most extreme circumstances, only bend as a proper rim should (the rock was HUGE, size of a pillow, embedded into the ground):

The rally rim in question is the GR14, available in 3 different colors:

As for the others, go have a gander!The GR14 usually retails for about $210cdn once it gets to your door in Alberta, so hopefully we can shave a good 10-15% off the price of rims with this smiling smiley

We have a lot of rims preordered already, this is going ahead!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Ultra Moderator

Re: Group Buy: Revolution Wheels
October 14, 2016 03:08PM
Them there be cheaper than Methods.
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Senior Moderator

October 14, 2016 03:18PM
Robert Culbertson
Them there be cheaper than Methods.

winking smiley

In fairness, I have heard of people getting Methods for $110USD in the USA if they are special people, $150USD each if just running stickers.

But these are stronger, these don't break like Methods seem want to do. And they are available for everything, custom bolt patterns, offsets, a rim for every car!
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Ultra Moderator

October 14, 2016 03:24PM
We are obviously not special. $110 would be a steal!

The methods have been holding up great compared to the stock Volvo wheels. Haven't destroyed a method all year!
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Senior Moderator

October 18, 2016 11:48AM
That's fair, I think Method makes a decent rim for a great price smiling smiley They clearly serve a portion of the market!

We're up over 100 rims on the order. Haven't heard from anyone on RA, but thought I'd give this one final bump before we go ahead.
Eric Ewert
Eric Ewert
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 240

October 18, 2016 06:35PM
Tempting but likely not in the budget at the moment. For what its worth are you able to get various styles or just the gr14 and could you send me some pricing if there is other rims available? Also how soon will this end?
dreamsofjvl
Sancho Panza
Senior Moderator

October 18, 2016 08:07PM
Eric Ewert
Tempting but likely not in the budget at the moment. For what its worth are you able to get various styles or just the gr14 and could you send me some pricing if there is other rims available? Also how soon will this end?

I'll be stocking them going forward, however, only the common kind (read: Subaru and some limited Evo).

It'll be similiar to the way my fuel business works. Large order at the beginning of the year for best pricing, get customers supplied for the season, and then one or two orders throughout the year to sustain stock and customer special orders. But the most expensive any rim should come out to is $210cdn.

I am at the mercy of Revolution, though they have been VERY accommodating as I am opening up a new market for them. In an emergency though, they can ship rims very quickly for surprisingly little money if somebody is in dire need. A certain Focus owner will be running a set that was special ordered today, and will be here in time for Kananaskis!

Part of the price of being inexpensive is that the wait time can sometimes be long. Worth the wait IMO, but some people are impatient.

There are tons of styles depending on the size and vehicle it goes on. For your volvo, you really have either the GR14, or the Millenium:

We do take deposits and also do layaway plans. You know how to get ahold of me smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2016 08:37PM by dreamsofjvl.
DanielSL
Daniel
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
2005 VW Mk. 4 Golf GTI 1.8T

October 19, 2016 05:55AM
Luckily, my Mk. 4 Golf GTI will fit the Subie wheels, I believe. My Corrado wheels are 5x100, with a 43mm offset. So I think I can get away with 5x100, ET48 if I have to.

Do they make the Millennium in that PCD and ET, in the White? With the canadian dollar where it is right now, it's a very good price for Revolutions.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login