Posted by Ckgtimk2 
Ckgtimk2
Corey Kline
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Used and abused Mk2 GTI

Mk2 GTI rally car with spares
February 26, 2017 02:16PM
I've decide to sell my Mk2 rally car and spares. The car is an '86 GTI with a 2.0 ABA swap (TT 272 cam, matching TT eprom, and header.) The car is an ex-Team O'neil car, with an SCCA logbook that has been grandfathered in. The car has been proven through a lot of events over the years, and has been driven by some common names in US rally. I bought the car in 2012, and have raced it a handful of times. BRS 2012,2013 STPR 2013,2014 and some rallysprints. The car has been driven on the street frequently over the past 5 years so it has been maintained very well. I've never DNFed an event, and the most I've had to do to the car in service is put gas in it, put fresh tires on and bled the brakes once. Its a perfect beginner car, thats still competitive on a regional and national level. With my limited rally experience we managed to win both regionals at STPR in 2014 in G2 and would've been 4th in national 2wd.

I'm selling the car as a package with spares(subframe, control arms, rear axle, steering knuckles, calipers, stub axles, driveshafts, rotors, wheel bearings, trans, coil, cap, rotor, relays, belts, radiator, struts, shocks, etc.. Spare trans is currently in the car(AUG i believe), removed the AWY trans that has a Quaife in it to rebuild due to some bearing noise.
Tires, 8 DMacks with 2 rallies on them, 4 Michelins that are practically new, and 5 Lassas all mounted on 14' oem vw wheels.
The car is on Bilstein HD suspension, not sure of the valving.
Suits(2x G-Force 505 med),
Helmets(2x Bell Sport Mag small w/ Pelter headsets installed)
HANS(2x HANS Sport 2).
Currently the only things the car needs before entering an event is belts, current belts expired 2016, and fire extinguishers certified, they were purchased in 2012 and were last certified in 2014.

Im asking $8k for the whole lot, but am open to reasonable offers.
Car is located in central PA.
ckgtimk2 AT yahoo DOT com

ill get some pictures loaded shortly...

Less talk. More rally.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/2017 03:09PM by Ckgtimk2.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Ckgtimk2
Corey Kline
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Used and abused Mk2 GTI

Re: Mk2 GTI rally car with spares
February 26, 2017 03:02PM

Less talk. More rally.
Towona
Tony P
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
MK2 Golf

March 06, 2017 03:47PM
Piece of history!

Runamuck Rally
skylerd478
Godlike Moderator

April 11, 2017 10:19PM
Hello, my name is Skyler Dale and I recently found your ad about the Mk2 GTI. I am very interested, but there are a few problems. My team and I are currently in high school and have saved up some money for a rally car. However, 8k is too steep and I was wondering if you would be willing to work with us on the price. We live in California, so I would also like to talk to you about shipping as well. We are very interested in this car, and would love to work through the minor hiccups with you!
Sincerely,
Skyler Dale
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 13, 2017 11:54PM
skylerd478
Hello, my name is Skyler Dale and I recently found your ad about the Mk2 GTI. I am very interested, but there are a few problems. My team and I are currently in high school and have saved up some money for a rally car. However, 8k is too steep and I was wondering if you would be willing to work with us on the price. We live in California, so I would also like to talk to you about shipping as well. We are very interested in this car, and would love to work through the minor hiccups with you!
Sincerely,
Skyler Dale

Ask your parents... The guys price is more than fair...If you don't have the money for the car, how are you going to get it out to where ever in California?

And where you going to get money to RUN the car..You have money to trasport and to run the car then giive the guy his price...

You have to have a partner, that's a minimum of 4 parental units to beg to..In Calforlornia it could be as many as 6 or even 8 parents, step/etc parents..
Ask them or wait till you have your own income.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Ckgtimk2
Corey Kline
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Used and abused Mk2 GTI

August 08, 2017 06:12AM
SOLD!

Less talk. More rally.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login