Posted by phlat65 
phlat65
Sean Medcroft
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Building a Merkur

Vintage Tow Rig (1972 Chrysler Wagon)
February 18, 2009 12:04AM
I have a 1972 Chrysler Town and Country Station Wagon for sale. I Have had it for 5 years now, and really enjoyed it. It has 150,000 miles, but the engine was overhauled 30-40k ago. Original paint, Brown, with cream painted over the wood grain. body is straight, with no rust. couple small dents here and there. Interior is pretty nice, headliner is new, rear seat has no tears, front has seam splits on the seat bottoms. Manual windows, power locks, AC works, Power drivers seat works. Factory cruise control kinda works, you have to set it 10mph fast. Rear window only works from rear switch, 2 way rear door (swing open, drop down). Rear seat folds flat and will hold a 4x8 sheet plywood. Receiver hitch, 2 or 3 kinds of electrical plugs (7way, 6way, 4way). No 3rd row seat, so it has a huge trunk there instead. I added shoulder belts out of a Taurus wagon in the back seat for my 2 kids, fronts are factory shoulder belts.

400cid, 2bbl, auto (727) don't remember the rear gear ratio.
New tires,
New front brakes with calipers.
Fresh service.
Patina on the Cragars

I would drive this car cross country tomorrow. I used it mainly to tow my camper with the family, and haul the dirt bikes. I took it to Yellowstone NP 2 summers ago, towing my camper, averaged like 13 or 14MPG on the whole trip.

$1800.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
phlat65
Sean Medcroft
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Building a Merkur

Re: Vintage Tow Rig (1972 Chrysler Wagon)
February 25, 2009 11:23PM
Sold......
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login