Please Login or Register to post a reply
alkun
Albert Kun
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

Re: when will the 128s stop?
January 15, 2010 12:36PM
if you got all three, you might have the parts to make one go...
Jay
Jay Woodward
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
'90 Mazdog Frankenprotege

Jay
January 15, 2010 04:11PM
For a while!
My very first car was one of these, I bought it from my boss at the time and then sold it back to him when I couldn't help but notice the only things holding the front of the car to the rest of the car were the front fenders, the frame having decided to not do that job anymore by cracking through on both sides.
So 'steada "fix it again, tony" it was "fuck, it's all trashed"

Jay Woodward
Snohomish, WA
'90 Mazdog Frankenprotege
Chronologically, 46...
heymagic
Banned
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Not a Volvo

January 15, 2010 10:20PM
Funny Fiat story...

Back in 1975'76 I sold Fiats new. X-1/9, 128 and 131s. 131s are actually quite a nice car btw. However our shop could never keep the cars running. Primarily we were a Chrysler dealer used to Jap and 'Merican stuff. The Fiats were a bit of a problem.

Well one of the big features in the sales training films was the anti-burst door locks Fiats had. When ya ain't got much you brag up most anything. So one night the dealer and parts manager were coming back from a Chryler function out of town. They had a new X-1/9 demo. The owner was passed out in the passenger seat, parts manager driving. The anti burst door lock burst...owner falls out onto the freeway at 60mph. PM grabs at him and veers to the right. They were on the overpass at Montesano (DooWop service area). Car slams into the bridge on the right, bounces back across 2 lanes hits the bridge on the left and spins several times. Owner skids down freeway on ass and elbows. Car was totalled pretty much, as was the owner, even the lens of his glasses were scratched. We didn't have Fiats long after that...
alkun
Albert Kun
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
volvo 242

January 16, 2010 02:52PM
I remember how just leaning your knee against the door handle (which was right next to your knee) would open the door on my bmw 2002, even if the door was locked.

I also saw a person fall out of their car while DRIVING when I was a little kid, going about 25 in a neighborhood, she was all right, but shook up and a little bummed out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login