JohnLane
John Lane
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
The Fire Breathing Monster

The Mothership is available for adoption
January 19, 2010 05:44PM
Ladies and Gents.....

The Mothership is available for your hauling/storage/yard art needs.

She is a '72 Ford F-600 Boxtruck. Think former U-Haul with a 20' box and mom's attic over the cab. She has a roll-up door in the rear with a mandoor on the driver's side of the box and a smaller door just aft of the cab on the driver's side of the box.

I purchased her from Ralph Kosmides in 1998 or so.

This is a low profile truck (lower then dock height) and has a pair of bumps in the floor in the box to clear the rear wheels.

It has a pair of ramps on the floor in the box so that when loading a car into it gets over those bumps easily. These ramps can come out if desired.

Engine...... FE series Ford 369 Gas V-8. Dave Clark put the motor into it in BFE after it died. I got to pull heads shortly after driving it up here from SoCal due to burned exhaust valves. The carburetor was poopy. It got Stellite valves, rotators for them, a new carburetor, new exhaust and tune-up parts. It has prolly been driven 20,000 miles since then. Runs really nice.

Transmission..... I did not like the three speed + crash low trans that the truck came with. I gave it a New Venture 4500 five speed like one will find behind a 12 valve Cummins. Synchros in all gears with a usable first and a .75-1 overdrive. Quiets it down on the freeway a LOT and will get fuel economy into two digits if you can keep it to under 60. It will do 90 fully loaded. Ask me how I know!!

Brakes in the rear were new when I purchased it. Brakes work well. Juice (hydraulic) Drums with a vacuum booster. You get one good fully loaded stop from 60 before they get hot.

tires...... Drive tires were new when I purchased it. Still look great. I gave it new steer tires not long after I purchased it.

Bench seat in the cab.

I did a heater core, a wiper motor and misc and assorted sundries through the years.

I would drive it across country if I needed to but have purchased Tiny which is even bigger to replace the Ford with.

$2000 and she is yours.

If you want it I will leave the 40 gallon tank in the box. It will need to be hooked up. The solenoid is there for it. I can show you all about it.

She is about a six to look at for her age but mechanically is dandy.

Come and git her!!

John Lane

JohnLane

Overkill is consistently more fun
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login