Make and Model : Sentra SER
Exterior Color : Black
Interior Color : Striped with white roll cage
Auto or Manual? : Manual
Odometer Reading : 225XXX race car
Location of Vehicle : Innisfail AB. Canada
Kijiji Link : nope
Asking Price : 7500 firm
Description : Hey guys and gals. after much deliberation I'm looking to sell my rally car. a lot of you will know this car all ready as mr. vanderpols car

i purchased the car in Feb 2012 with the intent to be a rally driver. here i am in summer 2013 and not only am i farther from that goal. but my rally car is just sitting there. i have only done 2 ice reaches with the car from the purchase date and gone to many car shows and show and shine events. as it is looking i will not be rallying any time soon

so here is your chance to buy a fully built and ready to go RALLY CAR!!!

it comes with every thing you need to get going rally computer, fire extinguisher, and triangles, intercom system, 6 rims, 6 Michelin gravel tires, 6 Yokohama gravel tires, 4 gravel tires i don't know who makes them, and 4 winter tires with studs. also spare parts! spare body parts, tranny, shocks, two rubber maid bins of random parts. and all the records of parts and any thing you might need even the original add from how the original stock car was bought.

this is a great beginning rally car and a competitive car in the 2wd class

I'm looking to get $7500 for the car and all the parts and tires whole package deal

if you have any questions or want more pics let me know

Steffan Adam
Phone : 403-302-8501 (text me first i don't like answering numbers i don't know... especially at work)
E-Mail : Steffanracing@gmail.com

Pictures :

Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: 1992 Nissan Sentra SER Rally Car
August 14, 2013 01:55AM
http://www.rallyanarchy.com/phorum/read.php?8,41104

RALLY ANARCHY RULES - READ THIS FIRST (that means you, newb)
Posted by Administrator
Forum List Message List New Topic
Administrator
Pasta-Based Diety
Senior Moderator

Administrator [ PM ]
RALLY ANARCHY RULES - READ THIS FIRST (that means you, newb)
August 13, 2010 05:30PM Admin
WELCOME TO RALLY ANARCHY!

This site has been created with the goal of creating a proper rally BBS for the North American scene, for the people who love the sport and hobby. It's based on the idea of Sailing Anarchy, check it out if you want a sample.

And by proper, I mean highly improper. Most things that will get censored on other Forums is fair game here. Proceed at your own risk. Note that the webmaster is not responsible for the views or opinions posted on this Forum, in a very real and legally binding sense.

That's not to say there aren't any rules here. On the contrary, one sure fire way to get booted is to act consistently stupid or take personal attacks too far. Another is to whine or bullshit incessantly without contributing either knowledge or humour to the discussion. Any malicious quoting out of context to seriously deceive (rather than just poke some fun and obviously josh around) is grounds for ass kicking. Ditto on posts complaining about spelling or grammatical errors. If you are convicted by a jury of your peers, you may be sent to the Sin Bin for detention.

Here's an example of rules you won't see here:

"I figure that hosting a forum is a lot like inviting a diverse group of adults to your living room for a discussion that can edify anyone who cares to listen and respectfully participate. Were it my living room and a handful of guests insisted on ignoring common sense rules of decorum by interrupting discussions with personal attacks, derailing trains of thought to further some unrelated agenda, consistently abused their participation privilege by carrying on one's business on the premises or uttered anything that might make a libel attorney salivate then I'd certainly never invite them back."

That's fine and dandy, but we need a place to talk openly, especially if it's in a yakking-around-the-garage after dropping-in-an-engine kind of friendly banter. Think of Rally Anarchy as the local clubhouse you probably have never had. Swearing is OK, but don't go overboard.

One of the things you won't find here is 834,234 different forums for every different country, region, state, province, city, neighborhood, gender, shoe size, sexual preference or hair colour. If you've got something to say, why don't you say it to the whole class, hmmmm?

Required Information

We hate cutesy account names like "FastDriver" or "WRCbound" or "PlumSmuggler" or whatever, but people get attached to their favourite account names. However we want to know who you actually are, so you must have the following information in your Member Profile:

Full (Real) Name
City and State/Province
Car(s) you rally (we don't give a rat's ass about your street/track cars)
Year of birth

That way we know if you're some crusty retired old guy, or a clueless kid having wet car dreams, and can make fun of you accordingly.
To edit your profile, sign in and click on "My Control Center" or just click here:

Go to Control Center

Want to put an exciting action shot of you driving (or co-driving) into the upper left hand corner of every page?
Just email your reasonably-sized JPG to cornerpic@rallyanarchy.com

Got suggestions on edits/additions to this page?
Click on the PM link at the top of the post to send me a private message or send an email to webmaster@rallyanarchy.com

Rally On!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
dirtyspoons
Steffan Adam
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
nissan sentra SER

August 20, 2013 10:46AM
Sorry did i do something wrong with my post?
i'm just trying to sell my car.
so bump? and if i did something wrong let me know and i'll change it!!

thanks guys
MikeColangelo
Michael Colangelo
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Spec Miata

October 15, 2013 02:49AM
As a previous owner, I can vouch for this car. It's pretty solid and was developed by an accomplished southern Californian rally driver (not me!) for the harsh desert roads. It's also pretty easy to drive and was a good first rally car.

Good luck with the sale!
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

October 15, 2013 03:28PM
Oh, is that George's old car? If so, it was pretty quick.

Self-righteous douche canoe
HiTempguy
Banned
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Subaru WRX STi

October 15, 2013 09:40PM
hoche

I took it for a spin on Sunday. Well prepped car, ridiculously quick, and that NISMO diff is awesome.

I'm counting my pennies...
MRWmotorsports
Martin Walter
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Nissan 240SX

October 16, 2013 08:31PM
HiTempguy
hoche

I took it for a spin on Sunday. Well prepped car, ridiculously quick, and that NISMO diff is awesome.

Hey Adam, could you drop me an email? Ma rt in AT QNX dot com?

Thanks...Martin
MikeColangelo
Michael Colangelo
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Spec Miata

October 17, 2013 01:28AM
HiTempguy
hoche

When I sold the car, I included the NISMO clutch plate diff (set very tight, felt almost like a welded diff) and a stock viscous diff. I preferred the viscous diff for tarmac. It was easier to drive and much easier on the front axles.

The NISMO diff had a tendency to break axles on the tarmac if you were close to full steering lock but, yeah, it's what you'd want for the dirt. I upgraded to Raxles axles (high quality) and avoided full steering lock when on the tarmac and never broke an axle after that. Learn from my mistake, haha. Maybe the NISMO diff is setup differently now?

Also, in the interest of safety, did the previous owner replace the harnesses after the car was rolled? In the pictures, the harnesses look like the Schroth Profi harnesses that were in the car when I sold it to him. He rolled the car at a rally in Canada (and it looks like it was nicely repaired!) but the Schroth harnesses should have been replaced due to the expected stretching in a roll. Just something to check!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2013 01:55AM by MikeColangelo.
dirtyspoons
Steffan Adam
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
nissan sentra SER

October 17, 2013 11:06AM
as far as i know the car was fully repaired after the roll it has been in A rally after that.

Andrew Comrie-Picard Rented the car from me for PFR 2012 it was an amazing experience. but i never could gather the funds to rally the car my self. i have done a total of 2 ice races with the car in 2 years. other than driving the car to various car shows (to try and get my name out there) it was daily driven for a few weeks in the winter but other than that it has been sitting in my driveway. sad smiley

this car is amazing i wish i could keep it but right now i have a kid on the way and 7 cars between my wife and so something has to give...
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 17, 2013 11:55AM
MikeColangelo
HiTempguy
hoche

When I sold the car, I included the NISMO clutch plate diff (set very tight, felt almost like a welded diff) and a stock viscous diff. I preferred the viscous diff for tarmac. It was easier to drive and much easier on the front axles.

The NISMO diff had a tendency to break axles on the tarmac if you were close to full steering lock but, yeah, it's what you'd want for the dirt. I upgraded to Raxles axles (high quality) and avoided full steering lock when on the tarmac and never broke an axle after that. Learn from my mistake, haha. Maybe the NISMO diff is setup differently now?

Also, in the interest of safety, did the previous owner replace the harnesses after the car was rolled? In the pictures, the harnesses look like the Schroth Profi harnesses that were in the car when I sold it to him. He rolled the car at a rally in Canada (and it looks like it was nicely repaired!) but the Schroth harnesses should have been replaced due to the expected stretching in a roll. Just something to check!

Belts MAY stretch in a hard full frontal crash against something solid, but a little thump or a roll, almost certainly not.
It ain't the fall that imparts stress, its the sudden stop. A roll is barly above 1g, slightly above normal weight.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
MikeColangelo
Michael Colangelo
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
Spec Miata

October 17, 2013 01:35PM
john vanlandingham

Belts MAY stretch in a hard full frontal crash against something solid, but a little thump or a roll, almost certainly not.
It ain't the fall that imparts stress, its the sudden stop. A roll is barly above 1g, slightly above normal weight.

That's a good point, John. So maybe no worries there.

In any case, this is a great car for a beginner. It was very easy to drive and I loved that SR20 engine. Very tough car. Credit George D. for building and developing a stout car.

Damn, I'm starting to miss that car!
shiza
Dan Norkus
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
94 Integra

October 18, 2013 06:16PM
MikeColangelo
john vanlandingham

Damn, I'm starting to miss that car!

Buy it back and rally!
Fujiwara
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
TSD-08 Lancer GTS

December 28, 2013 02:07AM
Still for sale? Would love to come take a look.

Roads....Where we're going, we don't need roads
dirtyspoons
Steffan Adam
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
nissan sentra SER

December 29, 2013 04:47PM
sorry for the late reply i was away on holidays.

yes the car is still available you can come and take a look at it when ever works for you so long as it is after 6pm m-f and pretty much any time on the week end!

and as how selling cars go, no one has been interested seriously in the car and last week i had 3 people try and contact me to have viewings.... so first come first serve!

text me when ever and we can meet up... it has gravel tires on it right now so i would like to keep it close to my house as possible!
Fujiwara
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
TSD-08 Lancer GTS

December 29, 2013 08:15PM
Hey

Thanks for the reply. If this Saturday jan 4 works I can come around 2pm? Let me know thanks.

Roads....Where we're going, we don't need roads
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login