Posted by pkw 
pkw
Elite Moderator

pkw
1988 mazda 323 gtx awd turbo with mods -Michigan
May 18, 2014 10:56PM
low 105k miles

INSANE RALLY-X CAR!
I put a lot of work and development into it.
Always first in class the few times I tried rallycrossing it. Pro and club rally drivers with trailered in awd turbo cars were all beaten by my little, driven to the event, car - even when it was mostly stock and the last time I competed it was stupid fast. IIRC it was like 9 seconds quicker than the second place car. (I used 20 year old mis matched take off rally tires) they had nice ones.

stock car weighs 2600lbs

many new upgraded parts.
turbo
ic
konis
coilovers
act clutch
just got the car out of storage and installed a brand new from japan fuel tank.
transmission is great and I think they can last fine.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/290348/1988-mazda-323"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was stored on the bare ground and because it is an old Japanese car, it got much rustier underneath. Pisses me off because it really has not been driven in the winter that much and not in any since about 2000.
asking $1900 OBO
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Pete
Pete Remner
Professional Moderator

Re: 1988 mazda 323 gtx awd turbo with mods -Michigan
June 01, 2014 05:02PM
Willing to take partial trade of a whole lot of Audi 10VT parts?

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

1984 RX-7 (rallycross thing)
Silence is golden, but duct tape is silver.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

June 01, 2014 10:24PM
pkw
low 105k miles

INSANE RALLY-X CAR!
I put a lot of work and development into it.
Always first in class the few times I tried rallycrossing it. Pro and club rally drivers with trailered in awd turbo cars were all beaten by my little, driven to the event, car - even when it was mostly stock and the last time I competed it was stupid fast. IIRC it was like 9 seconds quicker than the second place car. (I used 20 year old mis matched take off rally tires) they had nice ones.

stock car weighs 2600lbs

many new upgraded parts.
turbo
ic
konis
coilovers
act clutch
just got the car out of storage and installed a brand new from japan fuel tank.
transmission is great and I think they can last fine.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/290348/1988-mazda-323"; onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It was stored on the bare ground and because it is an old Japanese car, it got much rustier underneath. Pisses me off because it really has not been driven in the winter that much and not in any since about 2000.
asking $1900 OBO

What's you name?
It's kinda stinky when people come and never post a thing, never say hello or drop dead and they post a ad--and don't even look st the rules..
We invented this thing from day 1 requiring REAL Name, real location--city and state, and age...

Only a few people choose to flaunt it...come on do the right thing.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
pkw
Elite Moderator

pkw
June 02, 2014 11:27AM
Sorry. I was a member and had extensive chats with a local RA member but could not sign in.
My name is Peter and I am located in Norton Shores, over by the airport. Most just know me as the Audi guy in the area.

no need for Audi 10vt parts but I would love a euro CQ rear bumper cover....soon, because I want to get this beast painted.
Pete
Pete Remner
Professional Moderator

June 02, 2014 12:50PM
Bummer!

You caught me at a critical time in my project. (You've probably seen most of its parts, I acquired a bunch of other peoples' projects with this thing) I'm running out of steam and getting frustrated at setbacks and dumping money into it without visible gain. Right now I have a complete, 98% rust free B2 chassis shell, and more 10VT stuff than I can shake a stick at but no good 2.2 turbo blocks. Must be the only person in the world with an issue with the blocks. So I would be willing to dump it at a loss if it meant I could just have a running car. Yeah, short-sighted and all, but I'm down to the RX-7 and its engine is ready to pop... and if it goes then I'm boned with no way of getting around.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2014 01:23PM by Pete.
EvanB
Evan Arthur
Super Moderator

June 05, 2014 10:45AM
Pete
Bummer!

You caught me at a critical time in my project. (You've probably seen most of its parts, I acquired a bunch of other peoples' projects with this thing) I'm running out of steam and getting frustrated at setbacks and dumping money into it without visible gain. Right now I have a complete, 98% rust free B2 chassis shell, and more 10VT stuff than I can shake a stick at but no good 2.2 turbo blocks. Must be the only person in the world with an issue with the blocks. So I would be willing to dump it at a loss if it meant I could just have a running car. Yeah, short-sighted and all, but I'm down to the RX-7 and its engine is ready to pop... and if it goes then I'm boned with no way of getting around.

I know where you can get a $400 Miata if you just want a running car...
Pete
Pete Remner
Professional Moderator

June 05, 2014 07:18PM
EvanB

I know where you can get a $400 Miata if you just want a running car...

I was trying to angle $4000 worth of Audi crap into one assembled 323GTX winking smiley Yeah I've always wanted one of those, and rust doesn't scare me (much) anymore...

But it's cool. After I get Block #4 for this pig, I'm probably going to throw MS3-Pro on it so I can play with the cool rotating idle/antilag stuff that Ballinger has. And eliminating the CIS will let me put a GT45 on the thing, which is probably too much turbo but too much has always been not enough in my book. Might even rallycross it a time or two, but only at Detroit horsetrack events because it has maybe 2 inches of suspension travel both ways.

Pete Remner
Cleveland, Ohio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2014 07:22PM by Pete.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login