john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

Re: Meanwhile in Oregon
April 27, 2015 05:42PM
Rallymech
The knuckle that broke on Roberts car did not have "sleeved" bolt holes.

The part broke on a straight.

The driver did not mention any problems with the notes.

I must have heard wrong from the guy standing there..
My mistake.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Robert Culbertson
Out of this dumpster fire
Elite Moderator

April 27, 2015 06:40PM
john vanlandingham
Rallymech
The knuckle that broke on Roberts car did not have "sleeved" bolt holes.

The part broke on a straight.

The driver did not mention any problems with the notes.

I must have heard wrong from the guy standing there..
My mistake.

He probably misunderstood the sarcasm and joke that was going on between me and a few others.
I can see how that happened.
Rallymech
Robert Gobright
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
91 VW GTI 8V

April 27, 2015 06:59PM
I'm super tired today. I only had a few hours of sleep. What did I miss here?

Robert.

"You are way too normal to be on Rally Anarchy." Eddie Fiorelli.
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

April 27, 2015 07:04PM
Robert Culbertson
He probably misunderstood the sarcasm and joke that was going on between me and a few others.
I can see how that happened.

wait? what? sarcasm happens irl too and not just on the internets?
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:

April 27, 2015 07:06PM
Rallymech
I'm super tired today. I only had a few hours of sleep. What did I miss here?

I had lots of sleep and am still stupid tired. I probably missed things too, but not sure if I care enough to go back and re-read to find out.
ChrisKobi
Chris Kobayashi
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 ford focus zx3

April 27, 2015 08:48PM
Here is Todds roll.

ChrisKobi
Chris Kobayashi
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 ford focus zx3

April 27, 2015 08:52PM
Edited because couldnt get video of Old ass Saab haulin ass off FB.

seems like there was a lot of carnage out there this year.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2015 08:56PM by ChrisKobi.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 27, 2015 08:55PM
ChrisKobi
Oh here is nice footage of an old ass Saab cruisin'. I got it off FB so if it doesnt work here sorry.

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="true" data-href="/formulaphoto/videos/vb.21695030832/10153246554195833/?type=1"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="/formulaphoto/videos/10153246554195833/"><a href="/formulaphoto/videos/10153246554195833/">Shot of the Day: Vintage SAAB at Oregon Trail Rally</a><p>Shot of the Day, Oregon Trail Rally Edition: Vintage SAAB driven by Kreger/Kraushaar at full tilt boogie.</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/formulaphoto">Formula Photographic Inc.</a> on Monday, April 27, 2015</blockquote></div></div>

How about just a link?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
ChrisKobi
Chris Kobayashi
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
2000 ford focus zx3

April 27, 2015 08:59PM
john vanlandingham
ChrisKobi
Oh here is nice footage of an old ass Saab cruisin'. I got it off FB so if it doesnt work here sorry.

<div id="fb-root"></div><script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script><div class="fb-video" data-allowfullscreen="true" data-href="/formulaphoto/videos/vb.21695030832/10153246554195833/?type=1"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><blockquote cite="/formulaphoto/videos/10153246554195833/"><a href="/formulaphoto/videos/10153246554195833/">Shot of the Day: Vintage SAAB at Oregon Trail Rally</a><p>Shot of the Day, Oregon Trail Rally Edition: Vintage SAAB driven by Kreger/Kraushaar at full tilt boogie.</p>Posted by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/formulaphoto">Formula Photographic Inc.</a> on Monday, April 27, 2015</blockquote></div></div>

How about just a link?

Stupid FB. Try this John. https://www.facebook.com/formulaphoto/videos/vb.21695030832/10153246554195833/?type=2&theater

I think all there videos are uploaded to FB. Should have used youtube.
12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:

April 27, 2015 09:54PM
ChrisKobi
john vanlandingham
ChrisKobi

How about just a link?

Stupid FB. Try this John. https://www.facebook.com/formulaphoto/videos/vb.21695030832/10153246554195833/?type=2&theater

I think all there videos are uploaded to FB. Should have used youtube.

yeah, I wanted to share the outside video of the rollover, but it looks like just fb

I had started on the Mutant rollover footage, but didn't finish since I had to get to work, but then Kyle took over while I was gone and got it posted onto youtube ftw
ALS FTW
Don K. Oates
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
looking

April 28, 2015 01:44AM
john vanlandingham
other than that I'm interested in cars that people I know drive...
The Hintzs', known for long time, like 'em, and they've been around so a good benchmark...

john vanlandingham
(an analogy is needed: if there was a gang of people that had been playing basketball in some court, and comoing up with titles "The Baddest!" and "Numbah Juan" etc and they had been playing for some years...

I'm having trouble reconciling these two quotes...
Knowing and liking people doesn't really make them a good benchmark does it?
hoche
Michel Hoche-Mong
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Golf, Golf, RX-3

April 28, 2015 02:22AM
In the Hintz's case, yeah, it does.

Self-righteous douche canoe
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 28, 2015 10:04AM
ALS FTW
john vanlandingham
other than that I'm interested in cars that people I know drive...
The Hintzs', known for long time, like 'em, and they've been around so a good benchmark...

john vanlandingham
(an analogy is needed: if there was a gang of people that had been playing basketball in some court, and comoing up with titles "The Baddest!" and "Numbah Juan" etc and they had been playing for some years...

I'm having trouble reconciling these two quotes...
Knowing and liking people doesn't really make them a good benchmark does it?

Yeah it does..Knowing somebody refered to, and knowing the refer-er and knowing what it means when I say "knowing the Hintzs........"
its all about context..

Everything is context.... For example you don't know me, you don't know the Hintzes and you don't know ALL that is contained in me saying "They're a good bench mark"

That means AMONG OTHER THING....they've been around.
They have a sensible, realistic APPROACH to the sport.
They have a realistic sensible appraoch to car prep
They have a sensible and realistic approach to driving

Among other things that means : they so far have not been insane on the buying of gee-gaws.

Bought a Subie ran it did good, then sold it, went back to roots. Sensible.

I respect experience so when a relative new guy like the New And Improved Dave Clark is swapping seconds with the Hintzskis...in a old 30 year old FORD with garage built everything
Not cheap but FRACTIONS of the cost of the same parts on the BMW----that is good...

Locally, in 'Merica , Today, these guys, and I know they had FUN..

Those 2 teams never loose trqck that the main thing is having a shit-ton of fun...

I have specifically asked NAIDC (new and improved Dave) if he gets cramps from smiling as much as he does, or is his smile muscles 'trained up" so he can managed?

And finally you have taken to statements out of their original contexts and cinflated them and set thenm next to each other....in other words YOU creat the confusion and want me to explain you placing the statements next to each other..

I cannot, its too silly. The one does not refer to the other

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
MConte05
Matthew Conte
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Subaru Legacy Turbozzzzzz

April 28, 2015 10:38AM
john vanlandingham

Among other things that means : they so far have not been insane on the buying of gee-gaws.

I respect experience so when a relative new guy like the New And Improved Dave Clark is swapping seconds with the Hintzskis...in a old 30 year old FORD with garage built everything
Not cheap but FRACTIONS of the cost of the same parts on the BMW----that is good...

Those 2 teams never loose trqck that the main thing is having a shit-ton of fun...

I have specifically asked NAIDC (new and improved Dave) if he gets cramps from smiling as much as he does, or is his smile muscles 'trained up" so he can managed?

So even though I am running a 25 year old reliable Subaru using cheap parts from RockAuto that get the job done. Because I'm not RWD and middle of the pack I must not be having fun? I think just about everyone who is racing, regardless of their budget and car choice is having fun. I know I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't having fun.

I can only imagine that if he had JVAB suspenders instead of AWD coils, you'd be losing your mind at how amazing it is that this parts store manager who built his own car in his garage managed to place 3rd overall in only his 4th event. That it's proof that you don't need $10k coilovers to be near the pointy end of the field.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

April 28, 2015 10:53AM
MConte05
john vanlandingham

So even though I am running a 25 year old reliable Subaru using cheap parts from RockAuto that get the job done. Because I'm not RWD and middle of the pack I must not be having fun? I think just about everyone who is racing, regardless of their budget and car choice is having fun. I know I wouldn't be doing this if I wasn't having fun.

I can only imagine that if he had JVAB suspenders instead of AWD coils, you'd be losing your mind at how amazing it is that this parts store manager who built his own car in his garage managed to place 3rd overall in only his 4th event. That it's proof that you don't need $10k coilovers to be near the pointy end of the field.

You are a annoying argumentative putz..You bend over backwards and strain your little brain to try to find things to argue about.

.I have used your car and what you have done with it as a good example of what guys can do when they really want to do a AWD Subie.... "Look at that guy out there, nice solid 1st Gen Le-gassy and he does just fine (for where you are)"

And only in a twisted, chip on the shoulder, sad mind could tone intentionally twist that to suggest I am saying you aren't having fun...

Go argue with somebody else, I'm not interested in talking to you.
You are not person with which an honest dialog can occur.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login