Posted by peliwego 
peliwego
Jimmy Pelizzari
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
'88 Mazda 323 GTX

Empire Hillclimb Revival
August 15, 2014 07:08AM
2014 marks the revival of a Northwest Michigan classic, The Empire Hill Climb. The race was run from 1964 and 1980 and at long last it is back! The course will be a short but challenging .5 miles and 8 turns just a short walk from the shores of Lake Michigan. Parc Expose is downtown Empire letting spectators get up close to the race cars before they make their way up the hill.

During its original running all sorts made their way up the hill in some of the best cars of their time, such as Austin Healey’s, Jaguar E-Type’s, AMC Gremlin’s, Formula Ford and V’s, Triumph’s, Corvette’s, Porsche’s and even a Ferrari or two.

The scenic hillside offers fantastic spectating as the cars wind their way up the hill spectators can sit nearly above the racecars – close, but safe from the action. It also helps that it is so close to the beach.

The action starts at 10am and ends at 6pm. Cars from all genres of racing will be present so come camp out in the woods and watch as the Empire Hill climb Revival gets underway!

The event is up at http://www.nasarallysport.com/main/event/2014-Empire-Hill-Climb
Also check it out at https://www.facebook.com/EmpireHillClimbRevival

$175 for at least 5 runs up the hill.

We're looking for volunteers and racers!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
JonArmstrong
Jon Armstrong
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Rallycross Civic

Re: Empire Hillclimb Revival
August 17, 2014 08:06AM
What are the safety requirements for this? It is listed on the NASA rallysport page, so is a full cage per the NASA GRR Appendix B required? Also, HANS, driving suit etc??
Anders Green
Anders Green
Super Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

August 17, 2014 08:41AM
Standard safety gear, but no, a 'rally cage' is not required. Sort of impossible to get those into some of the open wheel stuff you can see at a hillclimb.

Contact them and supply details of the vehicle you have.

Anders

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
A1337STI
Alex Rademacher
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
93 GC with an 01 RS swap!

August 18, 2014 03:33PM
a hillclimb in michigan? i never knew about cool michigan racing until years after i left. how lame of me
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login