NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Cheap flights to Sweden for WRC
December 05, 2007 07:05PM
From Travelzoo's Top 20:

Earlier this year, you were probably frustrated to find sky-high fares to your favorite European city. Well stress no more, as winter is the time to get to Europe with this Scandinavia Airlines (SAS) deal. It just put over 20 European cities on sale from just $225 each way -- take note of the especially good Scandinavian routes.
To take advantage of this newly announced sale, depart from New York City (Newark), Washington, D.C., Seattle or Chicago from Jan. 7 - March 13 and return within 12 months.

Sample fares (each way) from Chicago, New York City (EWR) or Washington, D.C. to:

$225 ... Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, Bergen, Oslo
$249 ... Amsterdam, Brussels, Milan, Paris, Warsaw, Zurich

Sample fares (each way) from Seattle to:
$249 ... Copenhagen, Stockholm, Bergen, Helsinki, Oslo, Stavanger
$279 ... London, Amsterdam, Milan, Paris, Tallin, Warsaw, Zurich

http://www.flysas.com/en/us/Promotions-and-prices/Winter-Campaign/?id=57350?PreviewURL=True&WT.mc_id=us00030

Grant Hughes
Please Login or Register to post a reply
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

Re: Cheap flights to Sweden for WRC
December 05, 2007 07:07PM
I just checked Chicago to Stockholm for that weekend since I can get to Chicago for free and it would be $1061 for my wife and I to go to Sweden that weekend. That's only $530 per ticket!

Grant Hughes
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 06, 2007 12:16AM
Grant you should get holt of Graham Cullen "Graminal" who is leaving in the 11th to move to Linköping to be with his sweetie. He'll be up in Umeå for Jultide and thaen back to Linköping and he IS defiantely going to the WRC ('VM' in the lokal dialekt) with some loonie friends and has transport and accomodations sorted all ready.
Get hold and share a ride, he's been there 4 times now, knows his way around.

He even answers email so you don't have to talk on the phone.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
DR1665
Brian Driggs
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Keyboard. Deal with it.

December 06, 2007 09:38AM
That's awesome news, Grant. Thanks for sharing. Sucks to be in Phoenix, though. A pair of tickets to any of those cities would add a good $300 a pop to the price for me and Vanessa. sad smiley Perhaps next year.

I remember a few years back, though, when Lufthansa tried non-stop Phoenix to Frankfurt. I snatched up a pair of tickets for pretty much the same price. Man, was that sweet.

I could *totally* go for a couple weeks back in the old country sometime soon.

Brian Driggs | KG7KCA | PHX, AZ | 89 Pajero
alterius non sit qui suus esse potest
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

December 06, 2007 10:28AM
I can't go. I am going to owe about $8000 in taxes and am trying to save to move in the summer. And am trying to finish my car by March.

Grant Hughes
Graminal95
Graham Cullen
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1973 Saab V4

December 10, 2007 06:23AM
I hope someone can make it one of these years. My crew keeps getting bigger and bigger, 7 total this year!! We need 13 to fill the hostel. One thing thats great about the Swedish rally is that your not limited to a stage a day like a lot of the others, so we usually, take in a SS and service one day, 2 SS with a SSS in Hagförs and an early SS and the last SSS to end the rally. Its a lot of running around in 3 days, the hostel is about 40 min away from the closer stages and then there is parking and getting out to our favorite spots to watch.

Last year we stumbled onto the spot where the sponcor's and there families watch, it was great, almost no one there and good reindeer/moose sausage for sale about 500m away. I'll see if I can get a few photos up before I head out tomorrow!!

Hope to see some of your guys there; if not this year then next!!
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

December 10, 2007 11:12AM
I wish I had the money and the time. Hopefully with that cheap of tickets though someone else will make it over there. When are you moving?

Maybe next year though as we are trying to move overseas. Work permits seem to be a pain in the ass for most countries though. I'm on the borderline though for the Highly Skilled Migrant Program in the UK though.

Grant Hughes
Graminal95
Graham Cullen
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1973 Saab V4

December 14, 2007 07:12AM
I just got here (sweden) on Wednesday. Going to be spending the next week or so getting settled in and unjetlagged. Then up to the north for Christmas with my gf parents and then back here to find work and take some classes.

My visa could not have been easier, but thats the Swedes and the fact I have a gf here to support me until I get a job....

Hope to see you next year, its a great time.

Graham
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

December 14, 2007 11:54AM
Piccies or BAN!!!
And what a whiner-boy, you'll fit in with all those bögisar i Sverige din lättis!!!

Wonder how long it'll be before you have a big lisp?
Jet-lag for only 5 hours difference!

Harumph!

Surprised you aren't out prowling the junk yards already!!!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Graminal95
Graham Cullen
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1973 Saab V4

December 18, 2007 09:27AM
Oh thanks Johan, I might fit in after a few years when Lisa and society has sculpted my view of fashion until I start wearing pants that should have been left in the 70s.
A lättis I am and hope to always be, but city life has been known to change people.

Lisa's boss said I'll be able to get a job no problem when I start really speaking Swedish, as "the American accent is so cute". So the lisp is on its way.

I found out that it wasn't so much jet-lag but sickness coming on. So I'm suck in the house trying to get better.

Junkyards, what parts do I need anymore. My cars are either complete or way way far away. Maybe when I get a job I'll get myself a 96 and go playing in the snow.

I'll take a few photos, but you know how it is, the cars are so fast and my right index finger thats I lost partial use of when I got polio a few years ago, gets so stiff and slow int he cold. Wink Wink

I'll take a bunch, anything in particular you guys what to see?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login