Rally Acronyms....

Posted by Vorpal_Rally 
Vorpal_Rally
Stinkfinger Lipschitz
Mega Moderator

Rally Acronyms....
February 20, 2008 07:43AM
Hey

I am semi ignorant of the fact about all of those rally acronyms. Here are a couple I am pretty sure I know what they are and a few I am clueless about. I've googled, jeeve'd, and fanoogled my way around the web and my boolean is not doolean. (bad joke) I know someone on this board has the knowledge (or at leaast a bookmarked site) they can point me to. Thanks.

MTC= Main Time Control??

RGC= ??????

CAS = Current average speed

CTC=??

RTC=??

ATC=??

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
William Ralph Inge

TANSTAAFL
Please Login or Register to post a reply
fiasco
Andrew Steere
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
too rich for my blood, share a LeMons car

Re: Rally Acronyms....
February 20, 2008 08:20AM
RGC = Re Grouping Control

ATC = Arrival Time Control (at least that's how I remember it). I just remember you have to enter an ATC on your minute, you can declare the minute you want (if you're early) at an MTC.

I've also seen CAS as Change Average Speed.

Andrew Steere
Lyndeborough, NH
KB1PJY
tipo158
Alan Perry
Professional Moderator

February 20, 2008 03:12PM
I believe that RTC and CTC are both from road rally (as opposed to stage rally). From what I have been able to determine, CTC is 'Central Time Control' and RTC is 'Regularity Time Control'.

I have only seen one reference to CTC and can't come up with a good description based on it. I have also seen CTC referred to as Computed Time Counter by a number of TSD Rally Computer makers.

Regularity Time Controls mark the beginning and end of the time-measured section of a TSD rally. Intermediate Regularity Time Controls (IRTCs) are time controls in the regularity where you stop to get a time marked on your time card. I just do the BC 'brisk' TSDs where they don't have time controls on the regularities, just hidden checkpoints, so I have never seen one of these controls in action.

Anders Green
Anders Green
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

February 20, 2008 03:18PM
fiasco Wrote:
> I've also seen CAS as Change Average Speed.

Also sometimes as CAST, "Change Average Speed To".

If I saw "RGC" on a stage rally I would think "Regrouping control". If I saw it during a TSD road rally I would think "Crap! What are my MRDs? What's the mileage? I'm late! I'm lost! Where are the rules? Did they mention that in the supps?" winking smiley

Anders

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login