Advanced

Rally WV Room Space Alert

Posted by starion887 
starion887
starion887
Senior Moderator

Rally WV Room Space Alert
May 30, 2008 11:54AM
This will be posted on multiple web sites.

The Holiday Inn that hosted the event last year informed us that they will not host the event, and have booked most rooms on each Saturday with bus tours for the new dinner theatre in town. We have approached our political connnections in the area, but to no avial.

The new Hampton Inn being built in Elkins has been delayed in construction. We have been in regular contact with them, and now they recently informed us that the odds of being ready by late July is 50/50. We will just have to wait on that situation to develop, and will inform everyone if this looks promising.

So, the event room space will be tight and we need to alert all volunteers and comeptitors to this situation. There are several motels listed in Elkins on our website, and we will add more likely motels in the area soon. We will also add a link to the WV Tourism website, which lists a lot of alternatives. That link is here:
http://www.wvtourism.com/planner.aspx?pgID=166

Some suggestions:
- Buckhannon is about 25 miles west and has a Hampton and the Bicentennial Inn, as well as others. It is connected to Elkins by a 65 mph, 4-lane highway. It will be a long early Saturday morning transit to the Tygarts Valley HS Parc Expose, but is not to badly remote for other activities.
- The Inn at Snowshoe (at the base of the mountain) is 45 minutes from Tygarts Valley so is not bad for Saturday AM. But it is over an hour from Elkins for the other activities. This may be good for volunteers who have to meet early for Saturday stages and who don't have to stay for the whole Saturday eve banquet.
- Thursday & Friday accomodations may be easier than Satruday. If you get TH/FR rooms in Elkins, you might get a Sat night room somewhere else.

Sorry this is panning out this way. We want to get everyone in Elkins for your convenience, and the community's benefit. If anyone has influence with Holiday Inn, now is the time to use it!

Regards,
Mark B.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
mothra
Matt Smith
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
xr4ti

Re: Rally WV Room Space Alert
May 30, 2008 03:40PM
Thanks for the heads up Mark. See you in a few months.

Matt Smith

Racing in glorious black and red

My daily life is a Saab story (sold!)
Vorpal_Rally
Stinkfinger Lipschitz
Professional Moderator

May 30, 2008 08:22PM
Is there any place you would suggest?

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
William Ralph Inge

TANSTAAFL
turoc
Ozgur Simsek
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
working on a Veedub

May 30, 2008 11:11PM
The lodge we stayed at last year was awesome. Relatively inexpensive and pretty clean. I cant remember the name but will look up credit card statements/mapquest and let you guys know. I believe E. Burmeister stayed at the same place as i recall seeing his mazda there.

rally gods would turn in their graves if they ever knew Lada's were now part of EU rallying!!!
starion887
starion887
Senior Moderator

May 31, 2008 10:38AM
We have a list of motels on the website lodging page: www.rallywv.com
The www.wvtoursim.com link goes to a good site.

We will expand this list as we go. The Days Inn, Super 8, Elkins Motor Lodge, and Econo Lodge would be good to try. And even the Holiday Inn may have a few rooms; they just would not allow us to block anything out. We cannot gurantee the quality of any accomodations.

Oscar, you stayed at the America's Suite or America's Inn; it closed last winter, and is not clear that they will re-open this summer.

Thanks,
Mark B.
dale
Dale Ong
Mega Moderator

May 31, 2008 10:43PM
> Oscar, you stayed at the America's Suite or
> America's Inn; it closed last winter, and is not
> clear that they will re-open this summer.

Hi Mark,

I believe its "America's Best Value Inn" and I think they just re-opened a week or two back. Their number is 636-5411.

Dale
starion887
starion887
Senior Moderator

June 01, 2008 12:00PM
Hi Dale,

Can you double-check this for us and let me know by email? I saw the sign had a message "Re-opening Soon" but as of the weekend before Memorial Day, the were not.

Thanks,
Mark B.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login