Rally Chat
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Rally movie filming(not zombie road rage)

Posted by Maverick 
Maverick
Colten Becker
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
None yet

Rally movie filming(not zombie road rage)
October 29, 2008 08:04PM
Apple (computer company) is having a film contest called the Insomnia Film Festival. The quick and dirty is, competitors are told the details of the film they have to make at 6am and the movie is due the next day by 6am. The movie only has to be 3 min but it has to be completed by the next day. The contest happens to fall on the same weekend as the FRX finals in Ridgecrest.

We wanted to enter the film contest but then we realized we had to be down there filming the RallyX event. Well we then got the bright idea of doing the movie down there! So we need some help making this movie, we will only have the time after the event is over till the next morning to make the film. I need at least 2 people who are in school(high school or college) to say that they are on my “team” to be able to enter the contest. I would like to get a list of people who want to help out making this film.

As I understand it most competitors will be staying at the nearby hotel. We don’t know the details of the contest yet but no matter what they are we are going to involve rally in it. So this would be something pretty fun to do Sat night after the first day of driving.

The more people we get, the more interesting the movie should be. I need to know if there are any aspiring actors or actresses out there who would like to be in the movie cause we need some stars who can act.

This contest is based on votes so even if you dont help out with the movie, make sure you hop on the site when its uploaded and vote for it. Get everyone you know to vote for it as well. We want to win this contest and let everyone around the world know about Rally in America. I dont care if its an ex girlfriend, mother in law, boss, whoever, get them to vote for it.

MAKE SURE YOU CHECK OUT THE INFORMATION PAGE FOR BETTER DETAILS ON rocksliderally.com

The official thread of the film is HERE

Rally411.com - Its Rally
Rocksliderally.com - Extreme Off-Road Car Community

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2008 08:04PM by Maverick.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Maverick
Colten Becker
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
None yet

Re: Rally movie filming(not zombie road rage)
November 19, 2008 11:57AM
Well the contest was canceled and moved till after the holidays. But we decided to film anyways. The youtube version is just too dark so im going to upload it to a high quality site tonight. Here is the youtube version for those of you who cant wait. Thanks to those who helped

http://www.rocksliderally.com/video/right-side-up-side-down

Rally411.com - Its Rally
Maverick
Colten Becker
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
None yet

Re: Rally movie filming(not zombie road rage)
November 19, 2008 06:48PM
Ok here is a high quality version of the movie for you guys. Unfortunately you have to have a login for this one. I am uploading to Veoh also for another good quality one without login. This one happens to be super good quality though.

http://www.mdialog.com/video/show/21198-right-side-up-side-down

Rally411.com - Its Rally

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/19/2008 09:40PM by Maverick.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login