Posted by Greg Donovan 
Greg Donovan
Greg Donovan
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
95 Impreza Sedan

ojibwe results
August 25, 2013 09:50PM
These are links to the format showing all stage times on one page.

Friday Paul Bunyan's Ride:
http://www.rally-america.com/events/2013/PBRR/results/print/

Saturday 10,000 Lakes:
http://www.rally-america.com/events/2013/10KRR/results/print/

National:
http://www.rally-america.com/events/2013/OFPR/results/print/

It was a pretty good rally. Except for Henry and Cindy all the regional guys had someone that they had a real close battle for a position to take away or defend.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2013 11:56PM by Greg Donovan.
Please Login or Register to post a reply
johnhuebbe
John Huebbe
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

Re: ojibwe results
August 26, 2013 09:18AM
http://www.rally-america.com/events/2013/OFPR/stages/stage/4

Proof that you don't need an AWD car to set good stage times.

A 43 year old VW Beetle and a 1991 GMC Sonoma should not be this high in the stage times smiling smiley
mke723
Mike Lindenfelser
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 Impreza L

August 26, 2013 09:29AM
I saw your "43 yr old beetle" other than the shell, what about it is 43 yrs old? looked quite built, and modern...

I be sorry as a muthafucka I did, still sorry I did n' hustled ta peep what tha fuck I holla'd a lil' bit better, or at least try to.
Greg Donovan
Greg Donovan
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
95 Impreza Sedan

August 26, 2013 09:33AM
johnhuebbe

A 43 year old VW Beetle and a 1991 GMC Sonoma should not be this high in the stage times smiling smiley

John, you guys were just as popular as ken on the stages.

Adding up the days puts you in 4th 2wd!

Did they not score SS7?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2013 10:59AM by Greg Donovan.
johnhuebbe
John Huebbe
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:

August 26, 2013 10:24AM
mke723
I saw your "43 yr old beetle" other than the shell, what about it is 43 yrs old? looked quite built, and modern...

Far from what I'd call "Modern" smiling smiley Mark and I keep it well prep'd but it is not a modern car by any means. It does have a bigger motor in it (2.2 liter), but we are actually making the same horse power as what they ran in the 70's off of the 1600, but they were running better fuel and crazy high compression ratio (and building new motors all the time). (we run pump gas)

stock front & rear suspension setup (just Bilstein shocks)
weber carbs (ran in the 70's)
009 distributor
engine is type 1, just larger displacement
transmission is nothing special, gear ratios are different and it has a LSD from a VW Thing, but so was the car from the 70's (and they ran a Porsche 914 5-speed gearbox). you also can't shift very hard, just has single cone syncros and there is slop in the linkage. You have to plan ahead with downshifts smiling smiley
disc brakes (they used ATE solid discs & calipers in the 70's)

The motor and transmission combo are essentially the same performance from what the Porsche Salzburg team ran in the 70's on their bugs, we just have better longevity in our motor. And, I don't even think you can call what we are experiencing "longevity". Case was linebored after 2 years and was finally cracked after 4 years. Heads were rebuilt twice and replaced once (and will most likely be replaced or rebuilt after Perryville rally) The motor is out of the car after almost every event. Carbs are tuned up constantly.

It does have a steering quickener, so I guess that's a modern comfort that the 70's car didn't have.

It is essentially a cheap version of the 70's car without spending metric tons of cash doing everything like the FIA papers. It's not like we took a modern car and stuck it on an old body. It's just all air cooled VW beetle stuff that they have been doing for years and years. When either of us talk to bug guys about little modifications, they inevitably say "oh yeah, I remember doing that back in the 70's and 80's to my race bug"

I honestly don't know why so many other modern cars were slower than us at this rally.
johnhuebbe
John Huebbe
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:

August 26, 2013 10:26AM
Greg Donovan

Did they not score SS7?

No, they changed the course after about 10 cars started. I heard the barrels were blowing away from the high winds that morning. So, they just decided to make the first run a practice run for regional teams, but kept stage times for the national teams, since none of the national teams started the stage yet.
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

August 26, 2013 11:40AM
My favorite way to look at the results...
http://daronhume.com/rally/combine.php5?rally_id=OFPR&rally_id_override=&rally_year=2013&start_stage=&end_stage=&watch_cars=&ignore_cars=&class_alias=&class_filter=&stage_skip=

Doesn't really tell you who won regionals or such things, but does let you see overall times for everyone.

Grant Hughes
John Reed
John Reed
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Toyota AE86

August 26, 2013 12:34PM
johnhuebbe
Greg Donovan

Did they not score SS7?

No, they changed the course after about 10 cars started. I heard the barrels were blowing away from the high winds that morning. So, they just decided to make the first run a practice run for regional teams, but kept stage times for the national teams, since none of the national teams started the stage yet.

We watched most of the first running of the SS, and pretty much two teams out of the first 10 went the correct way on the course (no fault of the competitors, it was vague and they had no walk through/notes/nothing but a crude map). They then tidied up the course design a bit, put up some banner tape and the show continued. I wondered how they handled the scoring of all that....

John Reed
John Reed Racing
www.johnreedracing.com
johnreedracing@gmail.com
Aaron Luptak
Aaron Luptak
Senior Moderator

Rally Car:
Civic...

August 26, 2013 12:46PM
http://daronhume.com/rally/combine.php5?rally_id=OFPR&rally_id_override=&rally_year=2013&start_stage=&end_stage=&watch_cars=&ignore_cars=&class_alias=&class_filter=&stage_skip=7

removes SS7 which only had times for nat'l competitors, making it look like only 12 finishers.

That Aussie kid can definitely pedal the car.

KF7RWG
http://www.utahrallygroup.com
Greg Donovan
Greg Donovan
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
95 Impreza Sedan

August 26, 2013 02:11PM
John Reed
johnhuebbe
Greg Donovan

Did they not score SS7?

We watched most of the first running of the SS, and pretty much two teams out of the first 10 went the correct way on the course (no fault of the competitors, it was vague and they had no walk through/notes/nothing but a crude map). They then tidied up the course design a bit, put up some banner tape and the show continued. I wondered how they handled the scoring of all that....

Were you out here this year? The wind was a bitch and blew everything everywhere.
John Reed
John Reed
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Toyota AE86

August 26, 2013 02:16PM
Greg Donovan
John Reed
johnhuebbe
Greg Donovan

Did they not score SS7?

Were you out here this year? The wind was a bitch and blew everything everywhere.

I was, working for FY Racing at all the nationals this year. And I think I still have dirt embedded in places from the wind at the SS venue. The stage itself wasn't bad though, it was fun to watch the cars on it.

John Reed
John Reed Racing
www.johnreedracing.com
johnreedracing@gmail.com
Greg Donovan
Greg Donovan
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
95 Impreza Sedan

August 26, 2013 03:21PM
Shoot! I walked right by your pit area. I would have loved to chat for a bit. I was the guide for the V.I.P. bus.
Doivi Clarkinen
Banned
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
1980 Opel Ascona B

August 26, 2013 03:27PM
johnhuebbe

Why not? smiling smiley
johnhuebbe
John Huebbe
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:

August 27, 2013 07:58AM
Doivi Clarkinen
johnhuebbe

Why not? smiling smiley

Honestly, The other guys should be driving faster. cool smiley

But I'm not complaining smiling smiley
Dante
Allan Dantes
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
87 Mazda LSRX-7

August 27, 2013 08:18AM
Did you see your speed factor for the event? 56.40! Nice job!

Brockelman's was 56.97

Owner, Driver, Head Mechanic, and Janitor at Tower City Race Team, headquartered near L'Anse. Michigan.
Driver / CoDriver in Rally America, NASARallySport, ARA, AMS, UPMDA, Champ Off Road

https://www.facebook.com/TowerCityRaceTeam/
https://www.instagram.com/towercityraceteam/
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login