Posted by Nubby 
Nubby
Tony Wells
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
SP Evo IX #112

Perryville 2013 Vids
October 28, 2013 02:28PM
Here's a couple vids from Perryville this year. We ended up 8th out of 23, but really sans some retirements we'd of ended up 10th or 11th. So chalk one up to Mitsubishi dependability or chickenshit driving, whichever you prefer.

And if you see this Brad, nice to meet you and thanks again for hauling our gas can!
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Creech
Scott Creech
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90 Quattro (WIP)

Re: Perryville 2013 Vids
October 28, 2013 03:05PM
And the guy you see starting cars in any of these vids on SS1, 2, 5, or 7 is the Stupid-F'n-Idiot-Moron that released the first car on SS1 before car #0 had cleared the Stage. (i.e. "Me, Myself, and I" )

I want to use this opportunity to formally Apologize to all and sundry for that stupid, stupid mistake: particularly to the occupants of Car #0 and Justin & Rachelle of Car #550. I am so terribly sorry about endangering the four of you, or at the very least possibly affecting the outcome of the Rally. Thankfully, it did not end in either Catastrophe OR slow-up #550 - but it was a near thing. I had a report that Pritchard/Kaltak tripped the finish clock 6-seconds behind #0, whom had left 3-minutes ahead of my releasing them.

I have no excuse: this was 100% on ME - I should have known enough (DID know enough!) to double-check what I interpreted as a "GO".

It will not happen again.

-Scott Creech

Parfois, on fait pas semblant!

I am:
I know:
I am from:

Nobody.
Nothing.
Nowhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2013 03:05PM by Creech.
Nubby
Tony Wells
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
SP Evo IX #112

October 28, 2013 03:09PM
So you're the starter I jumped by 5 seconds on the start of stage 1?

If so, sorry. I heard words. I saw movement. I went.

There must've been something in the air.
johnhuebbe
John Huebbe
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1970 VW Beetle & 1991 Subaru Legacy

October 28, 2013 04:26PM
Scott, don't let it bother you too much. Live and learn. It's happened before and it will most likely happen again.

I remember one rally where Ken Block was first on stage and was released before the zero car was at the finish. Now that was a close one!
Creech
Scott Creech
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90 Quattro (WIP)

October 28, 2013 07:04PM
Nubby
So you're the starter I jumped by 5 seconds on the start of stage 1?

If so, sorry. I heard words. I saw movement. I went.

There must've been something in the air.

YOUR jump was understandable - it IS a Rally, after all. Adrenaline and all that. I also didn't have a problem - I was ready to bail; and a half-step had me clear of the gravel-spray. I hope they didn't penalize you excessively for it, that's all.

I was [attempting] to give everyone a count-down - I let the co-driver know the Minute I assigned them when I handed-back the timecard, then announced @ the 30-second mark, then again at the 10-second mark, then gave a 5-count - because we weren't using the Tag Heuer start-clocks (just had Atomic clocks), and it would probably have been impossible to see the clock otherwise. And besides, Drivers and Co-Drivers have better things to do than squint at tiny numbers.

You got the gist of what I was doing on SS2, it seemed.

I am:
I know:
I am from:

Nobody.
Nothing.
Nowhere.
Creech
Scott Creech
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90 Quattro (WIP)

October 28, 2013 07:11PM
johnhuebbe
Scott, don't let it bother you too much. Live and learn. It's happened before and it will most likely happen again.

I remember one rally where Ken Block was first on stage and was released before the zero car was at the finish. Now that was a close one!

It's not really a "bother", I just feel I owe a public apology. I was there for Medical, and was pressed-into service for "other" as well - which is not a problem - but the whole idea of having Medical Workers is... You don't need them (or WANT to use them), you just have them to satisfy Safety and the Insurance.

Here I went and did teh stoopudz and it could have resulted in actually requiring my services as Med. Attempting to "make work" for myself, I suppose...

I am:
I know:
I am from:

Nobody.
Nothing.
Nowhere.
MConte05
Matthew Conte
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1991 Subaru Legacy Turbozzzzzz

October 28, 2013 08:42PM
I'd love to take that SP Evo out for a spin sometime!

This is a section of my stage 7, I think DVW beat us by 1.1 seconds on this pass.

jbass
James Bass
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2x 1985 Merkur XR4Ti

October 29, 2013 07:44AM
Learn, learn, learn. If you don't learn - then you've got a problem winking smiley You've learned - now you won't do that again, right? Exactly!

I know we had crazy fun at PFFR (#89 - Blue Xratty) . I wish I had straightened my act up on those first few stages - I started getting the 'hang' of everything later on and didn't do QUITE as abysmally (hey, this was my first rally actually driving!). Our car was pretty solid - with only a few minor issues. Definitely good times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2013 07:44AM by jbass.
Nubby
Tony Wells
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
SP Evo IX #112

October 29, 2013 08:22AM
MConte05
I'd love to take that SP Evo out for a spin sometime!

This is a section of my stage 7, I think DVW beat us by 1.1 seconds on this pass.

I don't know what you'd think of the Evo, it's a "Subman" build which is like Clubman, only less. smiling smiley

I watched your video, you were freaking flying!

And congrats on the win!
Creech
Scott Creech
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90 Quattro (WIP)

October 29, 2013 09:44AM
jbass
Learn, learn, learn. If you don't learn - then you've got a problem winking smiley You've learned - now you won't do that again, right? Exactly!

I know we had crazy fun at PFFR (#89 - Blue Xratty) . I wish I had straightened my act up on those first few stages - I started getting the 'hang' of everything later on and didn't do QUITE as abysmally (hey, this was my first rally actually driving!). Our car was pretty solid - with only a few minor issues. Definitely good times.

The car sure looked good. I will also note - by SS7, you were launching a lot more aggressively - like you WANTED to get out there to the end of the stage before the car ahead of you.

Gotta have that Hunger...

I am:
I know:
I am from:

Nobody.
Nothing.
Nowhere.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 29, 2013 10:06AM
jbass

Pretty hard with an open diff...
Your package may go out today...is there $omething you were supposed to $send me?

Got any piccies?

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
jbass
James Bass
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
2x 1985 Merkur XR4Ti

October 29, 2013 10:39AM
john vanlandingham
jbass

Pretty hard with an open diff...
Your package may go out today...is there $omething you were supposed to $send me?

Got any piccies?

I call you -now-. Heh. I do have that Eaton in there- still with the crap method, but it's somethin'.
si
John Farnsworth
Ultra Moderator

si
October 30, 2013 10:55AM
Creech
The car sure looked good. I will also note - by SS7, you were launching a lot more aggressively - like you WANTED to get out there to the end of the stage before the car ahead of you.

Gotta have that grip! Aggression wasn't lacking off the line, but he let her rip off stage 1 and we just kinda sat there goin "Huh, guess we'll start moving at some point, right?". Every stage after was kinda just figuring out how much he could give it the go juice from a stop and actually still go.

I'm guessing the dust/spray behind us was impressive, at least.

RWD on dry/dusty gravel sure is a hoot though. Every time I looked up we were facing somewhere interesting. Even on straights, it seemed.

I hope someone caught footage of those T intersections, because those were a blast, but haven't seen any photos/footage of the rear-hanging-out yet.
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

October 30, 2013 11:03AM
I had a nice de-briefing with James a couple of days ago and we talked about correct tire pressure. It was clear he started with much too much pressure and that means sketchy grip... And grip is the big deal on gravel for all cars but especially RWD...we talked about him going out and trying some lower pressure and working on braking, and of course in a few days he'll have the diff kit to stick the Supra LSD in. 4.3 ratio means more torque at all rpm and he'll be able to shift shorter and hook up better...
First event....lots to practice, lots of time for improvement.
Bright future.
si
Creech

Gotta have that grip! Aggression wasn't lacking off the line, but he let her rip off stage 1 and we just kinda sat there goin "Huh, guess we'll start moving at some point, right?". Every stage after was kinda just figuring out how much he could give it the go juice from a stop and actually still go.

RWD on dry/dusty gravel sure is a hoot though. Every time I looked up we were facing somewhere interesting. Even on straights, it seemed.

I hope someone caught footage of those T intersections, because those were a blast, but haven't seen any photos/footage of the rear-hanging-out yet.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Vorpal_Rally
Stinkfinger Lipschitz
Elite Moderator

October 30, 2013 11:04AM
si
Creech

And nothing named after you..... yet. grinning smiley And a finish.

It is useless for the sheep to pass resolutions in favour of vegetarianism, while the wolf remains of a different opinion.
William Ralph Inge

TANSTAAFL
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login