Rally Chat
Don\
Welcome! Log In Register

Advanced

Harbour Freight Rally Prep Super Sale!!!

Posted by NoCoast 
krisdahl
Kris Dahl
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Integra, Civic

Re: Harbour Freight Rally Prep Super Sale!!!
August 10, 2007 03:02PM
We've HAMMERED on the impact sockets, and had better luck with them than any other sockets I've used. I know of a couple of Honda technician friends of mine who prefer the HF impact sockets over all their other high-zoot sockets, and normally they are tool snobs.

Never had one brake, and the sizes we use most are shiny and silver-black instead of the matte they were when used.

I have both the assorted metric/standard set of shallow sockets, but really the ones I like are the deep socket metric ones.

I bought a second set of deep metric sockets a few months ago and they are holding up well.

I'd love to get that jack. I've been wondering how hard it would be do do jack modifications, replacing some parts like wheels, the sides, etc. with either lighter materials. We don't need to lift a Mack truck, but we do want the height of the heavy duty units. Seems like some of the parts would be pretty easy to fab up, just use the stock hydraulics. Anyone done this? Perhaps even removing material from the sides, etc?

-k
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Scott Manley
Scott Manley
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
XR4Ti

Re: Harbour Freight Rally Prep Super Sale!!!
September 13, 2007 01:52AM
I "heart" HF! I have a 4 1/2" angle grinder I got for $10 six years ago, I've loaned it out, burned through hundreds of grindig media and sanding flappers and it REFUSES TO DIE. Actually the HF grinding disks and sanding flap disks suck royally, I stopped using them after the second one and through away the rest. Same goes for the $10 sawzall. I've cut through 6" of footer in a wall in my house to run duct work. It was smoking hard by the time I finished and thought for sure I'd killed it. That was 5 years ago and I just used it yesterday to cut through some metal drain pipe. As for hand tools most of mine are Craftsman or Klein ( in the case of screwdrivers). The best 3/8" ratched I've ever owned came from KMart - "benchcraft". Worst 3/8" ratched I've ever owned was SK.

Scott Manley
Spokane, WA
86' XR4Ti
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login