Posted by b00sted 
Carl S
Carl Seidel
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
1993 honderp

Re: New Project
November 20, 2013 07:10PM
My car has some lego'd B-something. B18 block I think, CTR pistons, dunno about the head, crower stage 2 cams. Runs on E85 because the pistons put it somewhere around 13:1 compression. 99 SI transmission with a 4.44 final (could use higher) and a welded diff. It sure goes good, at least until it didn't go anymore on my drive home from LSPR. Haven't dug into it yet to figure out why it died. But its plenty fast enough to win G2 regionals. Even after taking a 6 year brake from driving I was able to get a 3rd in class (out of 19) stage time and a few 4th and 5th as well before I stuffed it. Someone could probably do pretty decent overall with it in regionals if they did things like brake proper and concentrate on taking proper lines through the corners, two things I was definately not doing.

The fuel requirements for RA are only for national guys I believe. The suspension seems to work fine enough. I hit some big rocks at LSPR dead on and didn't bend anything, what more do you want?
Please Login or Register to post a reply
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Elite Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

November 20, 2013 10:51PM
Aaron Luptak
john vanlandingham
And ya din't say if that fawker has struts!

All 88-2000 civics have
john vanlandingham
that morphodite weird-ass stuff
not struts.

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1990 acura integra, 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

November 21, 2013 04:13AM
im gonna run a b18 in the crx' picked my donor car up last week, 91 integra, needs valve seals and a freshen up re ring. that way i can build my d series while i can run the car, as well bilstien hd makes dampners for your ride. integra 94 or better springs will pick her up about an inch, easiest way to do that swap is pick up a 94 or better integra and lego in all your stuffs, that way you get everything you need including power steering, discs all around, b series with steering coulumn, heater fan and controls ect. fuel pumps change into the gas tank, rewire your lights onto the harness and voila. 140 hp 120tq before cams or a map. that'll get sorted and so you want something bigger. Herbal ordinal VTEC but from my experience of my friends experience on Gralenew services because that was an advantage, you can just put BZZ has been in a be a few walk and get a higher compression different fuel in camera the different now you should be only get on 60 hp (which unit 2100 Jesse is a pretty quick car
sorry about that makes sense but I left it because it was voice text and those are some funny choices for words

All bridges burnt, island life is beauty
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:

November 21, 2013 04:15AM
when I'm over the shower all elaborate

Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:

November 21, 2013 04:48AM
b16 pistons bumps power, build a couple decent gearboxes all fod the price of a k swap. lastly the b20 has thin cylinder walls and is a taller block woth less rigidity. similar in nature the 18 is more stable and easy to get reliable performance out of on top of years of r and d. keep it cheap and fun unlesss you can afford expensive fun.

b00sted
David Barrett
Mod Moderator

November 21, 2013 05:20AM
I'll have to keep looking around. A B18C1 engine with a b16 trans would be effortless to swap in to this car. It may be a better idea to run a setup like this and get the car running, while I build a better motor(K20, etc) in the mean time.

I'm not afraid to spend some money...But I do get burned out when I dump a ton of money in to a project and it still needs more nickel and dime stuff to finish. Hence why I sold off this project:

Big block Chevy making somewhere around 1250hp on nitrous.
Snidewhips
Jeremy Livingston
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:

November 21, 2013 01:37PM
^^your old car is looking at me weird, i hope it doesnt wanna fight me^^
thats a beast, my point is shit kicking a car as rally does to me dont make sense to spend alot. i gotta 99sir trans in good health for 150 bones if you go b series. honestly the ys1 trans in 90_93 tegs is similar enough and abundant so its cheaper. plus end result with these little hp engines is to regear to be in prime power regardless. i'm gonna run stock teg trans with welded diff. cheap as f word

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login