BlackWidow
Michael Golden
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
1972 Datsun 510

Re: Alright, I'm out.
December 06, 2013 11:05AM
Jay
years ago we went to my folks place for xmas and at dinnertime my cat jumped up on a side table. Ain't no thang cept for the lit candle he straddled when he landed. Unconcerned, and on fire, he took offense when the person nearest him tried to put the flames out. Still on fire he jumped off and beelines for the xmas tree. This raised the consternation level in the whole room but the fire blew out on his run and aside from some singed fur the godam cat was fine... and we have a story to tell unto the last generation.

I spit out my coffee laughing at this story, Thanks
Please Login or Register to post a reply
Doivi Clarkinen
Banned
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
1980 Opel Ascona B

December 06, 2013 05:09PM
I like cats. They are independant, they can take care of themselves, they aren't clingy and annoying.

Dogs are like having 2 year old children that never grow up.
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
ford mustang LX 5.0, 1973 VW Beetle

December 06, 2013 05:27PM
Doivi Clarkinen
I like cats. They are independant, they can take care of themselves, they aren't clingy and annoying.

and you can go away for a weekend with a dog sitter

I would rather drive a slow car fast as a fast car slow!
first rule of cars: get what makes you happy, your the one paying for it!
NoCoast
Grant Hughes
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
BMW

December 06, 2013 05:37PM
I like cats. I hate people that think cats should only be indoors. A cat that is allowed to live a real life and spend time in the outdoors is much better. Indoor cats in my experience have always been a pain in the ass.
I'm a big dog person.

Grant Hughes
Reamer
Jeff Reamer
Junior Moderator

Rally Car:
Subaru

December 06, 2013 06:27PM
Dogs have owners cats have staff!

I give a cat a hair cut when I was little. I new I did something wrong so I tryed gluing it back on! Llllick Lick Lick for hours!

First rally 2013
Rally car type AWD subaru
Total rallies as driver 6
Total rally cars built 2
Total rally cars caged 3
Total rally cars repaired from offs 4
Total years racing exp other then rally 19 yrs
Like 31motorsports on FB!
Check out 31motor sales on ebay for used Subaru parts
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:

December 08, 2013 10:00AM
Doivi Clarkinen

some days i feel like a k9 concierge

12xalt
"oh! you're the one!"
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
1974 Dodge Colt, under construction

December 08, 2013 12:18PM
NoCoast
All the cats I ever own just piss on my pile of laundry, which might be classified as dirty but fuck if I wasn't planning to wear all of it for another few weeks...
Cats don't detract burglars. Our mastiff on the other hand...

cats are particular about living somewhere clean from what I've always been able to tell and get pretty upset if dirty stuff gets left laying around, it's not very often anything is left on my floor
Iowa999
no-one of consequence
Professional Moderator

December 08, 2013 12:30PM
The most interesting aspect to cats, from a psychologist's point of view, is how they are much more responsive to negative reinforcement than positive. Dogs, for example, are the opposite; like most creatures with a decent amount of gray matter and a developed cerebellum, dogs respond better to positive reinforcement. Once you know this difference, training cats becomes a bit more successful, albeit it's never as easy as with a dog.

Or was that too nerdy a post?
Creech
Scott Creech
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90 Quattro (WIP)

December 08, 2013 06:08PM
Iowa999
The most interesting aspect to cats, from a psychologist's point of view, is how they are much more responsive to negative reinforcement than positive. Dogs, for example, are the opposite; like most creatures with a decent amount of gray matter and a developed cerebellum, dogs respond better to positive reinforcement. Once you know this difference, training cats becomes a bit more successful, albeit it's never as easy as with a dog.

Or was that too nerdy a post?

If one understands exactly how SELF-CENTERED and arrogant cats are, then the above makes perfect sense.

I am not making an allegorical statement here - this is entirely about Cats.

Parfois, on fait pas semblant!

I am:
I know:
I am from:

Nobody.
Nothing.
Nowhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2013 06:10PM by Creech.
tdrrally
edward mucklow
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:

December 08, 2013 06:44PM
cats are full of spite

but they make me smile

Iowa999
no-one of consequence
Professional Moderator

December 08, 2013 08:28PM
Creech
If one understands exactly how SELF-CENTERED and arrogant cats are, then the above makes perfect sense.

That's close to how I think about it. Cats assume that the world exists to make them happy and their default state should be happy. Hence, anything that annoys them gets their attention, so taking said bad thing away will actually be a reward to them.

Dogs, in contrast, take nothing for granted. Thus, when something good actually happens, that gets their attention.

Even if you didn't want to take this beyond cats and dogs, I will. Back when I was still "shopping," I would try a little positive and negative reinforcement on each new person that I started to date. If they responded to positive, which can be as simple as a compliment, then, OK, let's keep going. However, if only negative reinforcement worked, then let's save ourselves six months plus the nasty ending and just walk away now, OK? Well, we can have sex a few times first, if you insist, but then that's it, OK?
Creech
Scott Creech
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Audi 90 Quattro (WIP)

December 08, 2013 09:13PM
Iowa999
Creech

That's close to how I think about it. Cats assume that the world exists to make them happy and their default state should be happy. Hence, anything that annoys them gets their attention, so taking said bad thing away will actually be a reward to them.

Dogs, in contrast, take nothing for granted. Thus, when something good actually happens, that gets their attention.

Even if you didn't want to take this beyond cats and dogs, I will. Back when I was still "shopping," I would try a little positive and negative reinforcement on each new person that I started to date. If they responded to positive, which can be as simple as a compliment, then, OK, let's keep going. However, if only negative reinforcement worked, then let's save ourselves six months plus the nasty ending and just walk away now, OK? Well, we can have sex a few times first, if you insist, but then that's it, OK?

Ah, nothing like utilising Applied Psycho-ology for real-world experimentation on potential "soul-mates"....

;^)

Parfois, on fait pas semblant!

I am:
I know:
I am from:

Nobody.
Nothing.
Nowhere.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2013 09:14PM by Creech.
Iowa999
no-one of consequence
Professional Moderator

December 08, 2013 09:40PM
Keep in mind that my wife won the B F Skinner award back in the 90s. We're a decent match.
FunctionAuto
Tyler Patik
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 IMpreza

December 08, 2013 11:29PM
Jay
years ago we went to my folks place for xmas and at dinnertime my cat jumped up on a side table. Ain't no thang cept for the lit candle he straddled when he landed. Unconcerned, and on fire, he took offense when the person nearest him tried to put the flames out. Still on fire he jumped off and beelines for the xmas tree. This raised the consternation level in the whole room but the fire blew out on his run and aside from some singed fur the godam cat was fine... and we have a story to tell unto the last generation.

I'm laughing too hard and woke the wife. She's so angry but it's worth reading over and over...
FunctionAuto
Tyler Patik
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
1995 IMpreza

December 08, 2013 11:43PM
NoCoast
I like cats. I hate people that think cats should only be indoors. A cat that is allowed to live a real life and spend time in the outdoors is much better. Indoor cats in my experience have always been a pain in the ass.
I'm a big dog person.

Eh, my cat Davey, is the exception to that rule. He wouldn't last a week outside, he belongs inside where he can hunt the wild bean burrito, yogurt, or pack of marshmallows. I'm getting the kid ready for daycare last week and hear this banging noise. I walk into the kitchen and find Dave's face powdered up like Scarface. Bastard got in the cupboard and opened the baby's formula and was going to town. Besides I've never had a dog steal his 10lb bag of food and run it from end to end in the house. Dave's entertaining and he comes running when I call and when I get home from work. And he doesn't annoy the hell out of the neighbors like the wife's west highland terrorist.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login