Posted by PeteNaz 
PeteNaz
Peter Nazarewycz
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
96 Honda Civic Hatch

Better Than CrowdFunding?
January 06, 2014 11:31AM
Hey! so I know there has been a ton of talk on Crowd funding and I totally agree. I don't think I would feel comfortable asking people for money when I know everyone on here is looking to just make the next event as well.
But I'm wondering why more people aren't trying to take advantage of contests they see online for money. Big companies, looking for exposure and they actually want give large sums of money away, it doesn't cost the community anything, it only helps and puts some money back into it.

My Co-Driver and I have put together an entry for Champion Spark Plugs "always a champion" online contest. I have only seen one other Rally entry, and I by no means believe I'm the most deserving of the money out there, I just know that we worked very hard on the video and are really proud of it! I'm really hoping to see more Rally teams put up entries to future contests...hopefully no to much money goes to drag racers! haha

But its a cool contest, 15 winners of $5000 and one $50,000 winner. The decision is broken up to a panel of judges and only 33% of the deciding factor is from internet voters (because I know its always a deterrent thinking that these contests are won by people with the most friends, or other weird means of whoring there video out)

I have been day dreaming about the video for the last month and winning the money and thinking about all the events I could do, All the Canadian national events for sure, I want to go down to the states and do some events and really just maintenance is left for the car. I'm just stoked on the idea of being able to race a ton this year!

I know I'll be doing my best to make all the western Canadian events this year regardless of this contest. Still loading up the back of the Civic with all our spares and driving out, fingers crossed we have a way home haha...this money would definitely help us!

We really Want to win, but we know these things are hard to stand out in and with the contest open to the states, they really have a huge boner for circle and straight tracks (really though I would be excited racing anything so I get why people do!)

But yea... If anyone is interested, the link is below, you need to register to vote, but there is a section that asks for additional information like your phone number (you can skip that without filling it in because I know I find that shit super annoying) Every vote counts and you can vote once per day. So if you're bored and fiddling around the internet, I would love to get your support if your willing to give it. Lets take some of that corporate internet money!

Champion Rally Video Entry!

Let me know at least what you think of the video or have any thoughts or questions!

P.S. It looks like the website is crashing here and there. To much traffic....it is 2014 afterall and everyone has there twits and a twot

I'm always posting on Instagram...follow me! PeteNaz Instagram

My Build smiling smiley
Please Login or Register to post a reply
PeteNaz
Peter Nazarewycz
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
96 Honda Civic Hatch

Re: Better Than CrowdFunding?
January 06, 2014 11:33AM
O! and I wanted to mention, the website I listed on the video entry page is just the CAR's rally tv site because I wanted to get some exposure there and show that there are high quality video's being made at every national event. Its hard to pack in so much info to the contest when they set so many limits on number or words and length of video!

My Build smiling smiley
aj_johnson
A.J. Johnson
Godlike Moderator

Rally Car:
88 Audi 80

January 06, 2014 01:45PM
Nice video... but that is a lot of entries! You got a vote from me, go flood facebook and other forums with pleas for votes...
PeteNaz
Peter Nazarewycz
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
96 Honda Civic Hatch

January 06, 2014 04:24PM
aj_johnson
Nice video... but that is a lot of entries! You got a vote from me, go flood facebook and other forums with pleas for votes...

Thank you so much! really appreciate it. I've got my flood pants on.

My Build smiling smiley
john vanlandingham
John Vanlandingham
Mega Moderator

Rally Car:
Saab 96 V4

January 06, 2014 05:34PM
Not bad. Not deep BS shovelled. Nice clear shots, not horrible Death Metal muzak...
Good luck!

John Vanlandingham
Sleezattle, WA, USA

Vive le Prole-le-ralliat

www.rallyrace.net/jvab
CALL +1 206 431-9696
Remember! Pacific Standard Time
is 3 hours behind Eastern Standard Time.
MRWmotorsports
Martin Walter
Professional Moderator

Rally Car:
Nissan 240SX

January 06, 2014 08:51PM
You got my vote! Nice video, true grass root rally spirit... maybe we see you out East this year with Champion along for the ride.

-Martin.
Anders Green
Anders Green
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Parked

January 06, 2014 10:50PM
Better than that crowdfunding trainwreck by far!

Grassroots rally. It's what I think about.
phlat65
Sean Medcroft
Infallible Moderator

Rally Car:
Building a Merkur

January 07, 2014 12:01AM
Agree. Shows commitmet, effort, and passion for the sport. I would support your effort..
LexusFman
Yengi Lado
Ultra Moderator

Rally Car:
I Ain't rich!!!!

January 07, 2014 05:14AM
Who shot/edited this video?
MattP
Matt Pullen
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
2002 Ford StRanger

January 07, 2014 07:04AM
I'm betting by themselves with Petes' girlfriend Jenna taking the photos. I first met Pete at a TSD doing his tech it "passed" and I don't think I've ever seen an unhappy face or attitude on him even after pulling his car out of the scenery a couple of times.

Yes, it's a Ranger.
Xr4Ti, it is rwd and was made in Germany.
PeteNaz
Peter Nazarewycz
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
96 Honda Civic Hatch

January 07, 2014 11:26AM
holy crap thanks for all of the kind words!!!! I got super excited to see you thought it was alright John! and Martin, hopefully see you out east! if not this year, I will push hard to make it in 2015 or the future some time on our own! most money can go to events and tires now so I can get more competitive through learning better tango dancing with the brake and throttle

Other than the gopro footage the video was shot by my co driver Darcy Peters, a man of many talents!
Darcy Edited it as well, and we sat together for a long time editing it together. Jenna was our support! lots of, yes its ok if you go film while I get the house ready for the christmas party...but you'll be vacuuming after! haha she's awesome, really very very supportive of me racing and I think at rocky mountain rally she had more fun volunteering and meeting people than I did! which made me wet in my pants haha

My Build smiling smiley
PeteNaz
Peter Nazarewycz
Mod Moderator

Rally Car:
96 Honda Civic Hatch

February 01, 2014 06:19PM
Well! Tomorrow is the last day of this contest and I've got my hopes set high (its way more fun than not getting overly excited, maybe I've got a thing for pain afterwards?)

Thanks to everyone that voted or at least watched the video! A lot of cool things have come out of this video already so I'm super excited! We are going to have CTV do a story on us, a local news paper, the Metro, also was inquiring about a story. We have had some interest for a small sponsorship through a local startup, meeting for beers this week to discuss! and yea, just lots of people asking me lots of questions about the sport and the car.

So! this is my last plug to you guys, I know its annoying, but if you could, check out the video and vote agian, and once more tomorrow! I believe monday they will announce the 15 wieners!

http://alwaysachampion.com/search-for-a-champion/entry/1569394#.Uu2MyPldV_A

Thank you again, and I'm over the moon already haha. Cochrane Rally coming up on March 9th, a test day late feb, and ice racing tomorrow and every second weekend for a 4 more events!

My Build smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login